19" TRD Rims

EC11WA

Considering painting the rims on the TRD black to match the car. Obviously get it done proffesionally.

What are peoples opinions?

Am i better off going aftermarket? Is there a large market for rims with the TRD offset.

If you are good with Photoshop, you should do a mock up firstly. I reckon an all black look will be a little plain.

I'd say don't get rid of your rims either if you go for aftermarket. Mainly cause all TRD Aurion stuff is getting rare now.

Yeah was worried about too much black. I have the silver rims on the 3500SL, not the gunmetal.....

If anyone is available to photoshop a Black TRD with the rims painted black, please do as my PC skills are not the greatest.

I have not seen many black 3500S in Perth with the gumetal on so i can see what it looks like...There is a white 3500S floating around and the gunmetal rims just look plain sexy on white.......black however i think may need to broken up with a chrome lip.

Definately will not be selling the rims if i go aftermarket.....

Is there much of a market for rims in 19" with the TRD stud pattern and offset. I will be looking for quality rims, no copies.

The only decent place here in Perth is John at Wheels World.........might have to see what i can get ex Japan or the US.

Want to stick with 19" as eventually the car will be lowered even further on coilovers and do not want scrubbing issues as the occasional motorkhana will be driven.

Is there much of a market for rims in 19" with the TRD stud pattern and offset.

Sure is. The 5x114.3 stud pattern is fairly common, and most wheels come offset options from 35-45mm offset. TRD is 46.5mm as confirmed by SupaTouring, but depending on what you get you can get away with an extra 3mm change in offset either side.

* Edited offset.

Great. Time to start making some enquiries. In regards to offset, what the widest i can go before scrubbing occurs....

I am not sure how it works..........the smaller the offset, the further out the wheel sits, or is it the opposite.....sorry for the stupid question, just want to make sure that if rims are coming from over seas, that they are a perfect fit.......i'm sure Wheels World can answer my question anyway!

Thanks for the info.

Well the offset is +46.5mm and the wheels are 19x8 standard with 245 tyres. Now 245mm is just over 9.5 inches so in theory you would be able to fit a wheel up to 9.5 inches wide and keep the offset around +45mm without rubbing.

I have had a look in the past before I sourced another set of gunmetal TRD wheels (I didnt like the silver wheels on a silver car) and there is some nice looking ones out there. An 8.5 inch wheel would be a better fit for the 245 tyres. The issue will be getting an offset that wont cause rubbing.

This link has been put up before but is good for comparing offsets www.1010tires.com

In my personal opinion any car that has the rims painted the same colour as the car just doesn't look right. I also have the silver wheels and think they look best with the black... the gun metal look fantastic with red.

What I have been trying to find out is what paint colour the silver is (if any) as I need to touch up a few marks but have had no luck as yet. I don't want to get them fully re-sprayed (well not yet anyway).

I think the TRD rims painted black on a black car would look great, especially with the red calipers behind. There is a black 3500S on Carsales with the gunmetal rims to give you an idea. You see quite a few black VE HSV's with the rims painted to match. Very tough looking.

Leave it as it is... TRD has a bit of light colour area on the front and rear bumper...

This goes with the rims of the non-black colour. If u want, get an aftermarket of white rims.. xD