Do the Police & Transport Inspectors

The question is If the police and dudes at the PIT LANE really know what they are on about?

I beleive not. In April this year I got a Yellow Sticker. Now recently I have put a 20V blacktop in my Seca. When the cops pulled me over they asked me to pop the bonnet (I DO SO... scared ****less they will notice the huge donk under the bonnet) All they can pick on the K&N Pod Filter. They told me that I needed a Permit for this.

So anyway I took it over the pits and the picked on all this little **** like rattles and stuff which got fixed eventually and I went to get my yellow sticker off today and said the only thing I need to do now is get a Permit for Air filter " The inspection officer replied "OH you dont need a permit anymore they scraped the idea years ago." Im like WAAAATTT!!!! and i said So how come the Police gave me a yellow for not having one then, dont they know? he replied "No they dont know" so I asked him if could have this in writing and he said. No I cant write down that you dont need one. You are going to have to get a permit if you want that, but we dont inforce it, its up to you"

I just couldnt beleive it. They are tellling me you dont need permits anymore but they wont put it in writing that the transport dept dont require them anymore. Do Police and these blokes really know what they are on about? I wish they would give us a bloody Law book when you take your test cos us Drivers dont know whats legal and whats not anymore.

Fill me in on some of your dodgy experiences. Maybe we can all learn there tricks and jam there stickers back in there faces!

Dan

oh..crap... not good man. has anybody got busted by the cop and ended up in the same situation like this?

i'm quite terrieifd as well as this is the FIRST time that i am modifying my car. always driving a stock car for all my life. if anybody could provide me on what i need to do with the transport dept, it'd be greatly appreciated. :o

thanks.

Yeah, i got busted for blue parker light which is actually not illegal since it is not in the regulations. Cops will always try to find reason to bust you. Last time they are about to gimme trouble for my AEM, so I just show them the C.A.R.B plate on my AEM and tell them if it pass the Californian Emission Law, it will pass around the world. I bet they are confused themselves, so they just bust me for my blue parker since nothing on my car can be considered illegal (they didn't know which bit is illegal :D). Pfft!

oh..crap... not good man. has anybody got busted by the cop and ended up in the same situation like this?

i'm quite terrieifd as well as this is the FIRST time that i am modifying my car. always driving a stock car for all my life. if anybody could provide me on what i need to do with the transport dept, it'd be greatly appreciated. :o

thanks.

The rules are different in the different states... the best way is to get on to the local Road and Traffic Autority, Dept of Motor Vehicles or whatever the relevent title is in your state and ask them the question about what you wish to mod, these days most basic bolt on mods are OK, but always best to make sure.

thanks.

The rules are different in the different states... the best way is to get on to the local Road and Traffic Autority, Dept of Motor Vehicles or whatever the relevent title is in your state and ask them the question about what you wish to mod, these days most basic bolt on mods are OK, but always best to make sure.

yes, jcheck in your state and then avoid victoria like the plague... do you know they changed the wheels rule again.... no more than 15mm wider than std wheel rim width and cant cange track by more than 25m total.... (that is what your offset can affect)..... anything more than 1/2 inch wder and you can get done.

Also need engenieers certificat for more than 10% power or tourque increase over standard motor in your car now too.....maybe roadside dyno runs by the togs or epa soon :lol:

Also need engenieers certificat for more than 10% power or tourque increase over standard motor in your car now too.....maybe roadside dyno runs by the togs or epa soon :lol:

I'd be interested to see if this power/torque increase though would possibly exclude those made by CAI, exhaust ets, as your really not modiying the engine's performance, all you are doing is unleashing existing power.

Roadside dyno eh? Could be a cheap dyno day or club outine! :P

Roadside dyno eh? Could be a cheap dyno day or club outine! :P

I wonder if you'll be able to do the same as if they set up a Buser down the road from the party you are at and walk down and ask for a test to make sure you are OK to drive prior to getting in the car and driving home (if they refuse you are entitled to argue that RBT's are designed to save lives and not act as a revinew raiser). Maybe not though because you'll actually have to take the car to them in this case..?

• 1 month later...
thanks.

yes, jcheck in your state and then avoid victoria like the plague... do you know they changed the wheels rule again.... no more than 15mm wider than std wheel rim width and cant cange track by more than 25m total.... (that is what your offset can affect)..... anything more than 1/2 inch wder and you can get done.

Just had a look at the Vicroads site ... they're modification booklet is very much like Queenslands, actually. The 15mm you refer to is to the overall diameter of the tyre, in terms of width you can go one inch. These are the same as Qld, except we can go down 25mm on overall diameter, why you'd want to, I don't know.

And I reckon the reason 20VBTSeca got the defect was so the roadside cops could have a full inspection done, without them having to do it. Probably a slow speeding day ... no pun intended! :P