Shifter

hey im wanting my shifter to b shorter. i thought bout the trd short shift kit but thought against it as im driving my sportivo as a daily.

has any1 been able to achieve this without putting trd kit in? i no the factory knob is pretty huge wondering if putting smaller knob on would make it

look slighty shorter?

The TRD s/s' throw doesn't make THAT much of a difference compared to stock imo. Trust me, after having it for a day or so, you won't really realise that it has reduced the throw.

I've had both the TRD and TWM, and currently using TWM as it's the shortest throw out of the 3.

hey im wanting my shifter to b shorter. i thought bout the trd short shift kit but thought against it as im driving my sportivo as a daily.

has any1 been able to achieve this without putting trd kit in? i no the factory knob is pretty huge wondering if putting smaller knob on would make it

look slighty shorter?

if u wanna play around wit the shifter i've got a stivo shifter if wanna experiment with it pm if ur interested

thx M_M if got a spare standard shifter. i guess i could cut a inch off and try get it re-threaded??

c what happens, i really dont want the trd Short shift feel just want the height to b smaller.

as we all no the sportivo shifter height is pretty high

look slighty shorter?

Just get a short shifter there not hard to fit and lots of cheeps ones around

u dont actually need the thread on the end of your shifter to put a knob on.....if u use an aftermarket knob with the grub screw style attatchment it will most likely stay on ok, if it doesnt u can always centre punch or drill a slight divit where the grub goes then it definetely wont go anywhere...

At least you guys can get short shifters. ZRE owners gotta tough it out shifting from about chest height. Plus with a gated shifter, it'd be hard pressed to find an aftermarket one.