Varex and PPE Headers installed !!

So after a long long wait - 25 days to be exact i finally got my PPE 4-1 headers. :yahoo:

Long story short : parts were sent from the US to Melbourne customs, then 10 days later sent to perth - who then told me ( 10 days later) i wld have to provide invoices before they can send it to me as it was randomly selected to be checked.

It was estimated to be $2000 so therefore they wanted me to pay my taxes ... sighz but in the end showed them a receipt for $500 US and all was good.

AND got them installed with a varex twin tip

Problem: seems my exhaust is rather raspy ?? im not sure if its me - but it has PPE headers, custom 2.5" catback and varex.

Any insights from anyone ? WAians ? :help:

Cypher

will upload pics soon

So after a long long wait - 25 days to be exact i finally got my PPE 4-1 headers. :yahoo:

Long story short : parts were sent from the US to Melbourne customs, then 10 days later sent to perth - who then told me ( 10 days later) i wld have to provide invoices before they can send it to me as it was randomly selected to be checked.

It was estimated to be $2000 so therefore they wanted me to pay my taxes ... sighz but in the end showed them a receipt for $500 US and all was good.

AND got them installed with a varex twin tip

Problem: seems my exhaust is rather raspy ?? im not sure if its me - but it has PPE headers, custom 2.5" catback and varex.

Any insights from anyone ? WAians ? :help:

Cypher

will upload pics soon

Hmm.. raspy? like farty-ish?

Have you got a resonator in there? Should kill the rasp. I assume you still have a cat.

Mine should arrive soon ^^. Hopefully mine don't get picked up by customs.

Edit: Where you get your Muffler from? I need to buy one, my muffler shop will rip me off if they get it.

Edited by Mole

Have you got a resonator in there? Should kill the rasp. I assume you still have a cat.

Edit: Where you get your Muffler from? I need to buy one, my muffler shop will rip me off if they get it.

get the best deal on your varex from www.bestmufflers.com.au (im not affiliated..... just a happy customer)

yeah for some reason they decided to take it out ... sounds heavy on take off then raspy vibrating sounds.

no rumble in idle or crusing speed...

so resonator huh ... :unsure:

yeah for some reason they decided to take it out ... sounds heavy on take off then raspy vibrating sounds.

no rumble in idle or crusing speed...

so resonator huh ... :unsure:

DEF get a resonator in there! its an absolute MUST!

sounds tinny - i think the PPE headers make it really loud.

i think maybe another muffler ?

I suggest adding a Resonator. Or perhaps a small round straight through muffler instead. They definitely make it louder, but not that much. Removing the stock resonator will have made a difference as well.

well done andy you might be the first stivo with ppe headers :D what are the headers made of? Stainless?

mild steel - ceramic heat treated ?

For $500 you get mild steel uncoated headers. Mine cost.... more. $150US more for coating. Wonder what colour it is...

Edited by Mole

I know this isn't the highlight of the thread but the customs wanting you to pay tax is BS !!!!

AUSFTA Agreement

The link above under the heading "Trade in goods" denotes that there should be no custom duties for goods originating from either country.

Just an FYI for those wanting parts in from the US of A.

Quote: AUSFTA as the name of the free trade agreement signed by both countries.

I don't have the stock cat... The cat heat shield is loose however.

The hunting idle after the pipercams did not help it haha, along with solid engine mounts... Sound's like *****.

Next time my car is on a hoist I am ripping off the heat shield all together.

What about those Magnaflow cats without heat shields altogether?

I run a magnaflow high flow cat and center resonator a magnaflow rear muffler. Mine sounds good.

I have built systems for people who wanted to skimp and they also sounded raspy. Need 3 resonators or 2 and a cat.

http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr306/matt_glad/Exhaust/

How do the headers feel andy?

You gotta take me for a ride ;)

they feel pretty good hard to explain u will have to see for urself on saturday

ok. You give me ride, I give you ride. We both have i/h/e now so should be fair.

How do the headers feel andy?

You gotta take me for a ride ;)

they feel pretty good hard to explain u will have to see for urself on saturday

ok. You give me ride, I give you ride. We both have i/h/e now so should be fair.

hahaha And1 & Andy duo

have ur defi gauges come back yet ? really curious to see them