All black corollas lets see how many we can tally

Hi,

I got a black stivo too. i clean my car every sat. Pain on the ***** man

normally i will bring it to the carwash where they have awesome water pressure and most of the equip u need.

Ronny

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nino that first pick is a volvo....but still funny as HELL!!!!!

ok best thing to do is after you washed it, whatever you do don't even drive on anything other than bitumen or concrete.

i found a cheap alternative if i park outside. you can pick up a cheap car cover for about $30 supercheap or autobarn

if its in garage i suggest putting that on too, anything you have it at home when you can put a cover.

dont' park near trees or anywhere remotely close to dirt :)

tree saps leak out and before you even know it you have stains in the paint.

as for chamois, go to a panel beater ask them what they would use for a show car. should answer those question. mine gave me one and been using it for 8months and still good.

nino that first pick is a volvo....but still funny as HELL!!!!!

ok best thing to do is after you washed it, whatever you do don't even drive on anything other than bitumen or concrete.

i found a cheap alternative if i park outside. you can pick up a cheap car cover for about $30 supercheap or autobarn

if its in garage i suggest putting that on too, anything you have it at home when you can put a cover.

dont' park near trees or anywhere remotely close to dirt :)

tree saps leak out and before you even know it you have stains in the paint.

as for chamois, go to a panel beater ask them what they would use for a show car. should answer those question. mine gave me one and been using it for 8months and still good.

or buy a red car

Mello - I find it helps to take a good synthetic chamois to the car wash with me (I highly recomend the Enjo one but SILVERBULLIT will suggest others if you ask him) this will allow you to dry the thing before you drive off  :D

I also recommend Enjo, but I won't use the Enjo chamois...

Any reason Azza, and what would you recommend? :)

Mello - I find it helps to take a good synthetic chamois to the car wash with me (I highly recomend the Enjo one but SILVERBULLIT will suggest others if you ask him) this will allow you to dry the thing before you drive off  :D

I also recommend Enjo, but I won't use the Enjo chamois...

Any reason Azza, and what would you recommend? :)

I was really sceptical when I first saw the Enjo range, and then when I started actually using it, I was still uneasy about using it on my car.

At this particular stage, I was driving a 2 year old Corolla Levin (2000 Model) with a Galaxy Black paintjob...

I thought I'd give it a little go in the bottom of the door for a while and see how it went, and it was alright. I then continued to use it on the car with no problems and started using it on my wife's 02' VY Ute as well, and no issues there either.

Now I am using it on my 04 Sportivo, and I have to be honest and say I can't see any problems with it.

A glove and some fresh water....

Enjo Car Cleaning 'Garage' Glove

I have happy to give anybody a demo if they are interested (in Brisbane)...

Cheers

Aaron

Thanks Azza

But I was more concearned with your chamois recommendation... I also use the enjo cleaning mit and also recommend the bathroom mit for you bathroom and kitchen, but anyway, back to the point!!!

I found with just the mit I was getting streaking and spotting from water left on the cars duco but using the chamois to mop up all the water worked a treat (I have got it down to 1.5 buckets of water, could do it with 1 but like to use a fresh 1/2 bucket to rinse of excess grime once it is lifted)!!!

PS always clean the car in the shade too so the water does not dry too quickly. I also take my car for a short drive to a nice sunny patch after to check for spots I missed in the right light.

The Enjo Chamois I found actually to be fairly useless, in my opinion, although I have heard mixed reports from other people I have known to have used it.

I actually found I got better results using the indoor Microstar.

The Chamois I normally will use is one I picked up from Big-W called "shur-soft". It's a decent one that I actually really like. Cost about $11.00 though, but works well...

It's one of those ones that has the little holes in it...

I have the actual wash down to 1 bucket, but I use the hose to sprinkle the grim off (naughty me...) but at least I am reducing the soap washing into the environment...

As for he shade, yeah. The only problem is I don't have any shade out the front of my place, so I make sure the car has been in the garage before I was it. And I usually wait until it's late in the day when the sun isn't too warm..

Cheers

Aaron

here i am, another black stivo owner :) havent wash my car since i brought it home which is....the start of March! :D being busy and lazy at the same time :P Would probably gonna wash it this Weekend, so i probably need to shop for the washing equiptments, any recomments for the car wash detergents, liquids or anything that i need? this is my first car and also my first washing :) any hints would be apreciated...

Id have to say i think the cascade blue would be 2nd on the hit list after black for being the worst to keep clean.

Id have to say i think the cascade blue would be 2nd on the hit list after black for being the worst to keep clean.

Agreed though I will add that my car look a bit better the Daves after our day at Wakefield last month, the tyre rubber really shows up on the silver :P

- There had to be something to make them look dirty... :P

chamois topic has been covered before us search tool people!!(Ihave always wanted to say that!!!!!!!!) I have mentioned what to use in that thread.

I did a search for 'chamois' and 'chammois' and all I could find in relation to what chamois to use was that Buddah and Myself use the Enjo one. I'd just be interested in what other synthetic ones were available that are 100% lint free (proven) I've tryed some claimed 100% lint free ones that pilled and tinted up in a couple of seconds...

• 5 months later...
:ph34r: i have a black rolla Levin ive had it for 2 1/2 years now im finally starting to do it up and i clean it whenever i go out somwhere special not every week maybe every 2 weeks or something maybe 3 sometimes everyweek depends if i have the time to do it

I have a black stivo and I've been a bit lazy with washing the car because it's been raining constantly. Last weekend I washed it and realised that I now have bloody water spots which won't go away with normal washing.

I'll have to clay bar the car and go over it with random orbital buffer to try and get it out. :angry: