TEIN Super Wagon on Corolla TS (Sportivo)

DjBac

Has anyone tried TEIN Super Wagon on the new corolla??:)

I am thinking them instead of Super street because the come with Upper mounts that EDFC can fit!!!

Any specs on the super wagon?? Are they similar/same with the super street as road handling concerns?? :blink::blink:

went to my suspension place last week.

his inside info and advice:

accessauto from melbourne lost the distribution blah blah for tien in australia.

another guy from Fulcrum suspension or something like that has taken over.

The reason overseas coilovers and such don't work so good here is coz of our road conditions. the valving and all that are wrong.

with the new distributor, he's very picky and WILL NOT sell it, unless they are done properly for Australian conditions.

so....

he said wait a few months....coz Fulcrum will be releasing TEINS specifically for our cars...made for Australian conditions. this involves revalving, etc.

and...you'll get local warranty and service. eg: rebuildable, serviceable, etc.

reason i want coilovers is so that i can adjust for track and autosalon...height, etc.

just thought you'd like to know. :D

If you get decent coilovers, their range of adjustment is good enough to suit australian conditions. A set of Tein Flex will have a broad enough range of settings to be suitable. It's usually the entry level Tein, JIC etc which do not have adjustable bump and rebound that Australian drivers complain about because they are too stiff.

I've had a set of cusco's in one of my corolla's, and a set of custom built fulcrum coilovers in my old rex wagon. The custom built items were no better in terms of ride comfort or performance than the cusco's in the other car, even though they were double the price of the cusco's.

MAP81 has some cusco's arriving in early June for his Levin, I'm sure he'll put up a review when they arrive and I fit them.

Get the TEIN SS. Only available in the American market for the corolla, but last time I check Tein Wagon for both US and JPN model are the same product number. As for TEIN SS, for some reason it is not available in the Japan market, but an email from them suggest it is highly likely it will fit. A double check from Malaysia with the USA model and Singapore with the Japan model (ours), they said both car is the same, so anything on USA model will fit on to JPN model with the exeption of bodykits.