Our comments made the Paper

How funny :D

Bout time our veiws were acknowlegded

LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS

I Read a Cars Guide article a while ago about the toyota corolla and the ford focus being imported from South Africa.

Toyota Australia head John Conomos said here were no issues with these vehicles. I disagree and suggest he consult his customer center before making such remarks.

I own my second and third corolla assembled in South Africa and they are plagued with quality issues, from horrendous paint and panel fit to recurring rattles.

In my research, I found many website forums in Australia where other owners reported identical problems.

I have been working with Toyota Australia to resolve these issues for nearly a year, but they remain unsolved.

Manufactures should listen to customers, especially those who buy vehicles on a continuing basis as I do, before saying these vehicles have no issues.

Great one boys, its good it has made the papers :D

It might make Toyota and take notice and listen to us :ph34r:

How funny  :D

Bout time our veiws were acknowlegded

LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS

I Read a Cars Guide article a while ago about the toyota corolla and the ford focus being imported from South Africa.

Toyota Australia head John Conomos said here were no issues with these vehicles. I disagree and suggest he consult his customer center before making such remarks.

I own my second and third corolla assembled in South Africa and they are plagued with quality issues, from horrendous paint and panel fit to recurring rattles.

In my research, I found many website forums in Australia where other owners reported identical problems.

I have been working with Toyota Australia to resolve these issues for nearly a year, but they remain unsolved.

Manufactures should listen to customers, especially those who buy vehicles on a continuing basis as I do, before saying these vehicles have no issues.

Great one boys, its good it has made the papers :D

It might make Toyota and take notice and listen to us :ph34r:

Yeap TRD_141

That was me! :o

Following is the original that I sent "un-edited": -

“Oh what a failing”.

Dear “Herald Sun carsguide.com.au”

A while back I was reading an article about the Toyota Corolla and Ford Focus imported from South Africa. In the article, it stated by John Conomos, head of Toyota Australia; that there are “no issues” with these vehicle that are imported from South Africa and sold new here in Australia. I fully disagree. I would suggest that he consults his Customer Centre before making remarks such as these. I currently own my second and third Toyota Corolla's that where built and assembled in South Africa, and again, all are plagued with build and quality issues, from horrendous paint and panel fit, to the recurring rattles that these vehicles are inundated with. After further research on my behalf, I found numerous websites in Australia, and other owners of such vehicles have identicle issues. I am currently working with Toyota to resolve these issues (for nearly a year now!), and still remain unresolved; but the point I wish to make is, that car manufacturers should listen to their customers, especially those that purchase vehicles on an ongoing basis such as I, before stating facts that these vehicles “have no issues”. It may be that my next personal vehicle purchase may not be a Toyota, so too the fleet that I manage.

From

“Oh what a failing”.

hahaha its funny how our forum is getting around. I went into Lexus the other day and the serevice guy mentioned "Wow there really are alot of people from your forums coming in" :D

He didn't happen to also say, "... so we'll give any forum members a sizeable discount on parts and service", did he? :P

Sweet

I took my car in to get it fixed for my 1000km service yesterday

I had a huge list of complaints

*My bonnet did not line up

Answer - Toyota service guy said that all sportivos a like that so they cant do much about it. They tried to adjust the bonnet n bumper. Still doesnt line up.

*My door did not line up with the rear quarter.

Answer -Toyota service guy said they need to replace n paint the door.

*Poor Finish on passenger footwell (can be seen between kit n door).

Answer - Need to Repaint

* No paint under rear door

Answer - Need to repaint

Tick in Engine

Answer - According to them there is no tick, apparently its normal on Sportivos cuz it is a noisy engine

*Grinding noise

Answer - There is no grinding noise

* Sticky Transmission

Answer - There is nothing wrong with the transmission

We have bought 2 brand new cars in the last 5 years

My sisters Korean 2000 Daewoo Lanos - Perfect Panels n paint, no problems

My mums 2003 Honda Civic Gli - Perfect Panels n paint, no problems

My 2005 Toyota Corolla - Piece of Junk

Now I dunno if I want to replace n paint bits of the car because it wont be the same. Its a brand new car n shouldnt need it it. I think Toyota should compensate me.

Sweet

I took my car in to get it fixed for my 1000km service yesterday

I had a huge list of complaints

*My bonnet did not line up

Answer - Toyota service guy said that all sportivos a like that so they cant do much about it.  They tried to adjust the bonnet n bumper. Still doesnt line up. 

*My door did not line up with the rear quarter. 

Answer -Toyota service guy said they need to replace n paint  the door.

*Poor Finish on passenger footwell (can be seen between kit n door). 

Answer - Need to Repaint

* No paint under rear door

Answer - Need to repaint

Tick in Engine

Answer - According to them there is no tick, apparently its normal on Sportivos cuz it is a noisy engine

*Grinding noise

Answer - There is no grinding noise

* Sticky Transmission

Answer - There is nothing wrong with the transmission

We have bought 2 brand new cars in the last 5 years

My sisters Korean 2000 Daewoo Lanos - Perfect Panels n paint, no problems

My mums 2003 Honda Civic Gli - Perfect Panels n paint, no problems

My 2005 Toyota Corolla - Piece of Junk

Now I dunno if I want to replace n paint bits of the car because it wont be the same.  Its a brand new car n shouldnt need it it.  I think Toyota should compensate me.

Dude, it rreally sounds like your car must have been a re-build after a smash for all those panels not to line up...

Tell your dealer to call any of us, because I do not know any sportivo drivers who's panels are out of whack.

My sportivo suffers from poor paint work, but the panels are fine...

I'd keep onto them mate..

Cheers

Aaron

Hi Zav,

where r u from ? i.e. which city ?

cause im sure any of the guys on the forum would be more than happy to show up with their cars as azza mentioned and then lets see them explain that 1.

Or u might get some of the excuses i used to get when i used to deal with toyota like that must be the only sportivo where the panels line up .....

It would be hilarious to turn up with a dozen stivo's n say look see how mine it different :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

anyway let us know

cheers

Bill

Im from Melbourne, got my car from Nunawading Toyota. I talked to the service guy n he said he reckons that my car was probably on a jig that was at the end of its lifetime. Cuz the door lines up on every side but the crease on the top of the door that flows on to the quarter misses by about 4/5mm. He reckons the bonnet is normal for a sportivo and also the top back seat is normal cuz its all messy n creased along the bottom of it. Still no matter where the car is made it should have the same quality build.

thanks guys i know you are concerned about some of the faults with the car but considering there are a heap of us with out problems this is just bad publicity not saying i weant to sell my car but if you guys ever do this sought of publicty won't help you. and just will in the end drop the value of the car.

talk abou the problems from now on with the dealer as it is obviosu through bills hard work that winging about it on the forum here really hasn't helped/

only my opinion

i thihkn this fact was mention a lot earlier in the piece.

Im from Melbourne, got my car from Nunawading Toyota.  I talked to the service guy n he said he reckons that my car was probably on a jig that was at the end of its lifetime. Cuz the door lines up on every side but the crease on the top of the door that flows on to the quarter misses by about 4/5mm.  He reckons the bonnet is normal for a sportivo and also the top back seat is normal cuz its all messy n creased along the bottom of it. Still no matter where the car is made it should have the same quality build.

Hey Zav...

That sounnds as good as an admission of a known fault to me..

Check out the list of Members that Xoom has created and maybe PM a few of the Melbourne guys and perhaps do a Saturday Morning meet in the carpark at the dealership and yeah, show them en-mass that your has an issue that needs to be addressed.

Bill's Excellent List :)

If I were in Melbourne, I certainly show up. Come on guys, let's help him out because after all, a Sportivo isn't a Sportivo if you can't shut the bleedin' door, hey ???

Cheers

Aaron