Gen.II Kluger recall

57fritz

NOTE: this is funny look who I got a f7cking reply from.

Peter

Thanks for your email re your concern raised to me today. We have left a message with Toyota Technical Assistance to give us a call, so we can confirm with their Engineers that your suggested fix is OK with your vehicle.

Will keep you informed, but probably won't be until Monday

Regards

Reg Holt

Accountant

Phone 03 5152 9797

Driect 03 5152 9704

Email rholt@dwyers.com.au

My returned message !

G’day Reg,

It’s std on the 2009 Blue Kluger in your lot we looked at today.

For your knowledge I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer and Automobile Mechanic and also a Fitter and Machinist  so when I see some dodgy fix like was performed on my car today it makes me sick (and a fair bit angry). To add insult to injury this faulty part is no longer used on new spec vehicles fitted with this engine, it’s a bit hard to swallow.

If you can make sure that your parts department gets in the proper replacement pipe as fitted on the 2009 models then I will be happy to have this factory warranty repair conducted to a standard I find acceptable.

Best Regards.

Peter

www.riceracing.com.au

WTF an accountant needs to ring some sh7t hotline to check my request when every car in their sh7t dealership is fitted with the proper hard oil line is totally beyond me. These people are flat out retarded! If I ran my business like this I would have no customers!

The proper reply would be: Peter we are finding the correct part number as per your request and will FIX YOUR VEHICLE AS PER THE STANDARD THEY ARE DELIVERED FROM THE FACTORY FOR YOU. SORRY FOR WASTING 2 HOURS OF YOUR TIME TODAY and we look forward to rectifying the situation as quickly as is possible

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found out about the recall last month, I can find out what they are using as the std Kluger replacement as they were waiting on recall shipment from OS

Edited by PC XT

The new hard line in the proper fix solution dealer directive as found on all new engines is this

"This line have been improved to prevent this condition" < before the accountants worked out it will cost them too much money!@

V's us

"We don't give a f7ck about you or your car, and for $40 saving to us we will stick in a top quality piece of rubber and feed you bullsh7t through our service department saying the Engineers deem this to be a perfect quality fix"

If this is the case WTF are not all engines fitted with this high quality rubber condom of death like they want us to accept :rolleyes:

Even blind Freddy can see we are all getting screwed so these shallow accountant driven profit whores can have a Merry Christmas bonus, while we all have to put up with a sub standard botch job performed on the cars we parted our hard earned ca$h on, just to know that all new cars have this fatal fault rectified in the proper way. :angry:

Edited by RICE RACING

Good luck mate getting the metal pipe fix. I just have a feeling that they will eventually fix yours with the metal pipe though and then continue to screw everyone else around. Sad world it is.

This was among one of the reasons why I went for the DIY option. I guess I figured that I could either argue or DIY. Obviously I like to live a little stress free. As I said though, good luck in setting them straight.

Good luck mate getting the metal pipe fix. I just have a feeling that they will eventually fix yours with the metal pipe though and then continue to screw everyone else around. Sad world it is.

This was among one of the reasons why I went for the DIY option. I guess I figured that I could either argue or DIY. Obviously I like to live a little stress free. As I said though, good luck in setting them straight.

I hope a bit of my rage & willingness to detail it here gives people the tools to get appropriate & common sense (dare I say decent) action for themselves as well.

I won't let it rest due to my engineering background and other life experiences (where I too like them had to lie to save a buck for my company at anyone *but ours* expense) unlike Toyota though I learned from my bad ways when I was younger and did not know the true meaning of Karma.

Least this way the Dealers can Man Up and take it upon themselves to have a happy return customer (all over Australia repeated dare I say thousands of times), or if they are short minded and all ready have Christmas holidays booked or put down down payment on a new boat well they too will realize that with the power of modern technology and viral spreading of internet information that it will cost them quite a bit of business ;) < that is something you don't get taught in Accountancy studies :D

I know I will get my own situation sorted, but it really hurts me to know that most people really if it were not for People like yourself and lesser extent me who make an issue of this blatant double standard would otherwise just cop the BS line delivered to them and not even question it (difference between a cheap shoddy repair and the proper one from factory).

It is a real pity it has to come to this, but that is what happens when you are talking bottom lines and profit margins !

Still yet to battle the dealer on this one.

Don't forget the shoddy armrests (3 attempts at fixing and still broken) and dash rattles.

The airconditioner evaporator has also changed from earlier gen 2 models to fix odour issues, but was told by my dealer they would not replace it. Toyota US will, but not Toyota Australia (see http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315251).

Great car excpet for basic issues which should never have got through to production. I won't be selling as I love my Kluger and it matches what I need, but will reconsider buying or recommending Toyota in the future.

I think I missed something.

What is the problem with the new rubber hose?

I recall reading somewhere that the full metal hose was not the best of options either because of vibration. Excuse my ignorance, I am not very mechanically minded.

I recall reading somewhere that the full metal hose was not the best of options either because of vibration. Excuse my ignorance, I am not very mechanically minded.

^Rubbish, this is an accountant dealer lie put out to make you feel better about being scammed into a shoddy low cost repair.

Simple cross check is to see what the correct solution is on all new cars ;) < you will find a proper hard line from factory :D

^Rubbish, this is an accountant dealer lie put out to make you feel better about being scammed into a shoddy low cost repair.

Simple cross check is to see what the correct solution is on all new cars ;) < you will find a proper hard line from factory :D

I agree, the new engines will tell us what the best solution is.. but what is wrong with the new "improved" line that has rubber?

I agree, the new engines will tell us what the best solution is.. but what is wrong with the new "improved" line that has rubber?

Any rubber exposed to hydrocarbons and heat cycles let alone years of duty degrade and fail, it is a totally unsuitable material to be used on a critical component such as this. Thus it is not fitted to any new version of this engine, why? because Toyota do not want to fork out for failed engine many years down the track.

For us though apparently the new solution will get us past the warranty period then its go suck a massive c7ck when your motor blows as we don't care attitude from Mr Accountant backed Toyota Motor Corporation.

I am not sure about you but I have been building cars since 1992 and I know what is garbage and I know when people are trying to save them selves work and money, I wont be settling for a BS fix that is not good enough for all new cars ;) and neither should any one of you either.

Any rubber exposed to hydrocarbons and heat cycles let alone years of duty degrade and fail, it is a totally unsuitable material to be used on a critical component such as this. Thus it is not fitted to any new version of this engine, why? because Toyota do not want to fork out for failed engine many years down the track.

For us though apparently the new solution will get us past the warranty period then its go suck a massive c7ck when your motor blows as we don't care attitude from Mr Accountant backed Toyota Motor Corporation.

I am not sure about you but I have been building cars since 1992 and I know what is garbage and I know when people are trying to save them selves work and money, I wont be settling for a BS fix that is not good enough for all new cars ;) and neither should any one of you either.

Ok, now I understand! thanks for educating me :D

I agree, it isnt right and something has to be done about it. Does anyone know if they replaced it with the full metal line in the US?

Ok, now I understand! thanks for educating me :D

I agree, it isnt right and something has to be done about it. Does anyone know if they replaced it with the full metal line in the US?

Earlier on in this thread another member listed the service bulletin which shows and recommends a solid line and lists all of the part numbers :)

To quote him Toyota then got sneaky after figuring out chief executives may have to delay their new boat purchases due to the increased pay outs on needing to do this to hundreds of thousands of individual cars! thus the MAGIC RUBBER CONDOM SOLUTION FROM HELL! which is not acceptable for any new engine :rolleyes: but is o.k. for us LOL

Just checked mine after the replacement was done, it has the rubber section and is not the full metal pipe, what a waste of time Toyota service is.

Also came back missing 2 plastic clips that hold the black plastic between the grill and radiater in place, have they got monkeys instead of mechanics?

About to ring Toyota now........after holding on the Cust Service line for Recalls (1800 643 242) for over 1/2 hr I gave up.

Rang the dealer, no help there," Toyota supplied us the part and we just put it in, don't know anything about a full metal pipe."

Edited by Cookie

Rice Racing,

Why not name the dealer so Toyota knows who's not following instructions.. That'll be even more effective so other dealers would be more wary

Dwyers Toyota Bairnsdale Victoria (its listed in one of my replies)

You will find ALL OF THEM, will be singing the same tune on this cluster f7ck. I have had no return phone call today, I'd say they are sh7tting themselves as well as Toyota in general! I bet they did not expect to have to deal with such a group of outraged majority rather than minority customers ;)

DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!!!

Email to Toyota Australia customer service. Think others need to make some noise about this as well!!!

http://www.toyota.com.au/email-toyota

Dear Sir/Madam,

I today received a recall notice for my 2007 Toyota Kluger. This recall is in relation to a possibly defective engine oil pipe (and effects other models using the 3.5 engine). Apparently the rubber pipe can crack causing severe engine oil loss and engine damage.

I am about to book my car in for this to be looked at. My concern relates to many reports that are now appearing on the internet and in the media that this pipe is being replaced with a cheap rubber version, and not a metal pipe as fitted to newer model Klugers etc?

Is this true? Surely this cannot be correct from Australias number one vehicle seller. Would reputation be risked for the sake of a few dollars?

If so I find this treatment of early buyers, and the penny pinching involved almost unbelievable from a company I have held in such high regard for many years. Surely if it is deemed appropriate to fit a metal pipe to newer models, then a cheap rubber replacement for earlier buyers is highly questionable? Will Toyota look after buyers years down the track if this rubber replacement pipe also fails?

I look forward to your response, and reassurance that these disturbing reports are false.

Regards

I believe that all Kluger owners should either copy the above e-mail and updated it with their details or write a similar e-mail to Toyota. It seems pretty ridiculous that they are replacing a faulty component with one of similar design when they have upgraded it to a full metal pipe for the current Klugers. Strong response by Kluger owners may actually get Toyota to rethink their direction.

As a last resort I may agree to pay the difference in cost (which cannot be much) to have mine replaced with full metal pipe.

This is why I love this forum, we share our experiences good / bad / indifferent and we all benefit from them. I have not yet booked in my car as it will be due for a 50K service. However, after my last experience where the dealer stuffed up the wheel alignment and then would not wear any responsibility I'll just get the pipe replaced and have my car serviced by a real mechanic.

Maintain the rage! B)

Reply received from Toyota re email........

Dear ....

Thank you for contacting Toyota Customer Experience Centre,

We assure you Toyota Motor Corporation Australia takes safety of its vehicles as a number one priority and we understand the high expectations our customers have of their vehicle and our products & services.

Toyota Australia have developed a replacement part for your vehicle with more durable material, approved by our engineers. Any variation outside this Customer Service Exercise would need to be discussed with the Service Manager at your Preferred Toyota Dealership.

All Toyota genuine parts have a 12 month warranty. Warranty assess each claim they receive on a case by case basis, taking into account the age of the vehicle, kilometres travelled and service history.

Please be advised that this is a Customer Service Exercise and not a safety recall.

Thank you for contacting Toyota and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Kind regards,

Marcel de Vere

Customer Experience Consultant

Customer Experience Centre

Toyota Motor Corporation Australia

Ph: 1800 252 097

Edited by Cookie

I just got the following reply via e-mail from Toyota regarding the replacement part and it reaffirms that they a replacing the faulty part with a different one that is in the current Kluger. I have responded that I am not happy with this approach and wish to take it further.

________________________________________________________________________________

______

Dear Mr Fodero

Thank you for contacting Toyota Customer Experience Centre.

We assure you Toyota Motor Corporation Australia takes safety of its vehicles as a number one priority and we understand the high expectations our customers have of their vehicle and our products & services.

Toyota Australia have developed a replacement part for your vehicle with more durable material, approved by our engineers. Any variation outside this Customer Service Exercise would need to be discussed with the Service Manager at your Preferred Toyota Dealership.

All Toyota genuine parts have a 12 month warranty. Warranty assess each claim they receive on a case by case basis, taking into account the age of the vehicle, kilometres travelled and service history.

Please be advised that this is a Customer Service Exercise and not a safety recall.

Thank you for contacting Toyota and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Kind Regards

Jessica Bosden

Customer Experience Consultant

Customer Experience Centre

Toyota Motor Corporation Australia

Ph: 1800252097

Edited by SamF