My Latest Aurion Mods

mkay

I have noticed that where the tips fit on to mufflers, there is plenty of noise, and thats where a lot of the droning problems happen, sound reverberates into the open areas inside the bumper etc. would double wall tips or as I have seen tips with glass packing sort this out if they were welded on to the very end of the mufflers ?

With my limited knowledge on tips,the single walled seem to ting/vibrate slightly sometimes but double walled seem to much more sturdy and don't make the same sound when flicked with your fingernail...it sorta makes sense thicker is quieter,but in saying this i don't think tips have any thing to do with drone thats gotta be mufflers/resinators/set up and even shape of the car ect ect.

Good luck on finding your exhaust note sweet spot. :)

• 3 weeks later...

been under the car a few times and I cant hear any great rumble from the mufflers, its in the tail pipe and tip setup ive got, so im going shopping for better tips, I will try to get tips that go as far back to the muffler as possible, double wall etc.

I'll wait for the dyno results first to gauge some figures. I was thinking more of modifying it but keeping equal header length which means having a bend in the pipe still. Anyone with more knowledge on the subject care to explain if there are any advantages to equal header length?

Hi Would I be right in believing the critical part of balancing the exhaust for good extraction starts most importantly with the length and being equal, of the 6 primary pipes , with the secondary pipes (being balanced but not necessarily being of equal length not sure about this bit), being preferable but of much less importance.

Edited by peregrine

NiCe Work and great look ! but what the size of y pipe ? 2.5 or 3 inch ?

the size used for the front merge pipe is 2.5, the rear y pipe or split is still stock.

aha .. I am very curious to see the results ..Thanks

Finally a sound Im happy with, a sporty note where its needed and a nice purr down low, not the ear ringing drone there was. so it the end I have the "Y" pipe mod (minus the rear pipe cat) flex, main cat, small resonator, a 15 inch perforated hot dog down to the triple flow mufflers.

I'm just trying to picture the way thats been made up. I wish you coulda been able to get a photo of underneath to show us exactly how its mapped out. I'd take it to my exhaust guys straight away and go, "DO THIS." :P

got to get car serviced after easter will have pics of the setup, just wished I had the patience to have tried the merge without changing the rear pipe setup, but I'll live with that.