Which Aurion to buy? older one or updated one

Nazza

A bit off topic for the past couple days... :lol:

Anw, from my knowledge, only toyota in aussie has this kind of problem, especially with Aurion..

The build-ins in Asian country is much higher in quality and standard, has nicer feel to the buttons and the doors. To sum up, better than the euro here. Wish we have their interiors..

Though, the pros are, we have sportivos.. And the TRDs! :lol:

Edited by VF-X

I've even heard of the Honda Civics having problems with getting their doors to close, some problem with alignment to the body and so on.

Also , I think the servicing costs on the Hondas are significantly higher than Toyotas ?

Goods from Thailand have no import duty to Australia , combine that with a workforce that's cheap to pay and its no wonder the Hondas are being built there.

A while ago I pulled up behind a modded Honda Accord Euro at the lights and could not help but notice that its rear drivers side wheel looked like it was about to fall off.

I resisted the temptation to get out and tell the driver and sure enough , when he pulled away I reealised the car had been lowered so much that the wheels looked like they were on an 80 degree angle to the ground.

Go figure.

Edited by prometheus

Today I sat in a $106,000 2009 Audi wanting to compare to the Aurion and all I can say is that there is a huge difference in build quality. The Audi felt sterdy, safe, quiet and everything inside was tight. Nothing moved, nothing squeeked, nothing made a noise.

smooth and quiet

thats what I felt when I test drove the Aurion I felt the same

did you bother to test the Audi on a horrid (bumpy) road?

if i wanted something with similiar brakes/power/handling as my trd, id be paying over 100k for something euro..

how does the $66k Passat R36 compare to Aurion TRD?

slightly smaller yes

Seriously guys, if you are considering putting money down for a new car, you should test drive it first and make a judgement from that on your own. Asking others for their opinions on which car is better will not be as accurate as your own personal review. What others may think is annoying, you may not notice and/or have an issue with.

Most powerful new Toyota... that's why I got the Aurion. Rattles weren't part of my assessment.

Seriously guys, if you are considering putting money down for a new car, you should test drive it first and make a judgement from that on your own. Asking others for their opinions on which car is better will not be as accurate as your own personal review. What others may think is annoying, you may not notice and/or have an issue with.

most people test drive

the problem is they got rip of far too many options (models) before things get started

also, its important to give them test driving tips

if i wanted something with similiar brakes/power/handling as my trd, id be paying over 100k for something euro..

how does the $66k Passat R36 compare to Aurion TRD?

slightly smaller yes

i actually had a close look at one on the weekend that just passed...

power is under the trd..

brakes werent as good..

handling was the same i think..

Ive been for a drive as a passenger in a VW R36 wagon (the owner chose the wagon so that he could use the car for work purposes as well)

Nice car ! , quite roomy inside for the size of the car , classy layout , fairly smooth and quiet and when he put the boot in was pretty quick.

They aren't cheap though, I believe they are up in the 70K mark ?