Officially an Aurion owner

Silver-Aurion

Just purchased a 2007 Prodigy from a dealer $24,000 drive away, 60,000K on the clock with full service history. It was only used as a company car with one driver, back seats have NEVER been used, the boot is clean, the spare tyre looks like it came out of the factory just yesterday and the inside is immaculate.

Overall the car is in tip top condition, also has a factory fitted spoiler and Aurion floormats, its currently at the dealer, put my deposit in and going to pay in full in the next couple of days.

Before I pick it up they are going to do a final checkup, give it a nice clean/detail and out the door she comes. It also still has Toyota warranty until march.

Just wondering if I picked up a bargain with a car in that state and for that price from a dealer?

Because looking at carsales, even private sales are like $23,500 then you add an extra $1000 for transfer then most of those cars the rego is expiring soon and another $600 gone there!

Also I already looked at 3 private sales and they were poorly looked after, never cleaned!

The dealer was perfect, so from what I seen etc, did I really grab a bargain for a 2007 prodigy 60,000K for $24,000 drive away?

P.S I might also add, the dealer said the car hasnt been there for "too long" but it was a dead set give away it was there for a looooooooong time. The brake disk things had rusted, after our 10 minute test drive, looked at the brake disk things and the rust was gone and they were shiny again.

Also, the engine is in immaculate condition. After a test drive, popped the front, no smells, no leaks, no nothing. Just knock on wood it stays like this for many many Toyota years. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Might I also add, it was first up for $28,000 then reduced to $25,000 (I guess after it stayed in the lot for a long time) and then I got him to knock off another $1000 with the final price of $24,000 Drive Away!

Edited by unique

Gidday mate...if your happy with the car & price,thats all that matters.It sounds like a decent buy if the car is in good nick like you say,my only little concern is the 60,000km,thats a fair chunk of km's in 2 and a bit year old car.

Anyway congrats on the new purchase,and nice choice. :toast: ...and what color is it?

Thanks guys. Yeah the Km might be a bit high but it's not that bad for a 07 model. Plus if it had any more lower k's it would have been completly out of my budget.

that was a good buy for a prodigy, I got my 07 sx6 in may this year similar k's in melbourne for $24,300 at least 8 to 10 k cheaper than any in tassie. only extra was flying over and bringing it back on the boat.

Thanks guys. Yeah the Km might be a bit high but it's not that bad for a 07 model. Plus if it had any more lower k's it would have been completly out of my budget.

that was a good buy for a prodigy, I got my 07 sx6 in may this year similar k's in melbourne for $24,300 at least 8 to 10 k cheaper than any in tassie. only extra was flying over and bringing it back on the boat.

Wow, thats an excellent price. Did you get it from a dealer or private sale?

Just picked up an 08 sx6 today, regional queensland and got it cheaper than I could in brisbane! Gotta love ex-govt cars. Next step is to replace the stereo....

Just picked up an 08 sx6 today, regional queensland and got it cheaper than I could in brisbane! Gotta love ex-govt cars. Next step is to replace the stereo....

Yeah, same here. In my 97 camry I had completely changed the system and I miss the sound of a quality amp, sub, speakers + new head unit setup :(. I want my AUX and USB inputs back!! :unsure::angry:

Edited by unique

P.S I might also add, the dealer said the car hasnt been there for "too long" but it was a dead set give away it was there for a looooooooong time. The brake disk things had rusted, after our 10 minute test drive, looked at the brake disk things and the rust was gone and they were shiny again.

Just a quick note on this one (a bit late as well), surface rust on the rotors doesn't particularly mean that it has been there for a "looooooooong" time. I have seen cases of rotors starting to get that rusty look only after one day of being parked in the rain. When that happens, give it a few more days and it can look even rustier. Nothing to worry about. After all, the surface of the rotor is bare metal and is more exposed to the elements.

That was from a dealer, they had original price of 28k.