Head Units

Adamsy

Adamsy, don't you already have a Presara sat nav unit in yours?

As for fitment, I don't have any photos but you've seen mine anyway, with the single DIN, pocket, and side fillers. Fits pretty tidy. Theres about a 1mm gap between the side fillers and the pocket/HU, but thats because the pocket is made from crappy plastic so when you screw it all together nice and tight, it doesn't take long for the plastic thread to losen and strip out. I really need to get into Gunns and grab some bolts and nuts, drill it right through, and secure it that way.

I looked at a Pioneer a few months ago on ebay like that one you posted. Was looking at about $400 from the US, BNIB. Was pretty dirty about it too, coz I'd paid $450 for the Pioneer I have, only a month or so beforehand!

I'm gonna rip it all out of my dash in the next couple of months though. Once I find a USB touchscreen that will nicely cover the entire hole in the Toyota DIN facia, I will be installing the screen behind it and an old laptop in the boot, as a media centre/satnav/OBD diagnostics system, and mount the Pioneer deck in the glovebox.

Paradigm Posted Jan 5 2010, 10:32 AM

Adamsy, don't you already have a Presara sat nav unit in yours?

As for fitment, I don't have any photos but you've seen mine anyway, with the single DIN, pocket, and side fillers. Fits pretty tidy. Theres about a 1mm gap between the side fillers and the pocket/HU, but thats because the pocket is made from crappy plastic so when you screw it all together nice and tight, it doesn't take long for the plastic thread to losen and strip out. I really need to get into Gunns and grab some bolts and nuts, drill it right through, and secure it that way.

I looked at a Pioneer a few months ago on ebay like that one you posted. Was looking at about $400 from the US, BNIB. Was pretty dirty about it too, coz I'd paid $450 for the Pioneer I have, only a month or so beforehand!

I'm gonna rip it all out of my dash in the next couple of months though. Once I find a USB touchscreen that will nicely cover the entire hole in the Toyota DIN facia, I will be installing the screen behind it and an old laptop in the boot, as a media centre/satnav/OBD diagnostics system, and mount the Pioneer deck in the glovebox.

yeah mate mine sure does have the sat nav unit stolen out of a Presara in it but apart from the Bluetooth and sat nav it has no more features than the standard unit except better eq. and a better appearance of course but in terms of expandability for iPod, aux, usb, sub pre outs etc its no better and whilst its true most problems like the AUX can be fxed and you can get looms that turn speaker cable to RCA's to get around the pre out issue exist i just want to make it easy as possible. I have somebody looking for a sat nav unit so if we can strike a deal ill sell him mine and work out something else, that’s why i was curious of the features of the Auspack unit but other than having USB and aux direct in the unit she’s the same as the factory one. Albeit shed loads cheaper!

There’s a fair few options out there though it has to be said.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Kenwood with steering buttons controls adapter:

Where'd you get that facia?

And its hard to tell from the photos, how closely does the color match the dash?

Here is Kenwood with steering buttons controls adapter:

And its hard to tell from the photos, how closely does the color match the dash?

It is really close. My wife couldnt tell the difference. I got it from HERE

Personally I would prefer the one that Toyota sell for around $30 (not dissing yours czaja74... just a preference). Those ones have edges on it to help 'blend' it in a little better. They look like this one:

dsc05256d.jpg

Hmm no spacers needed... I'll check it out tomorrow.

No, no. The Toyota fascia kit requires spacers. The only reason that unit doesn't have spacers is because it is a Toyota OEM deck that is made wider and fills the gaps.

Hmm no spacers needed... I'll check it out tomorrow.

No, no. The Toyota fascia kit requires spacers. The only reason that unit doesn't have spacers is because it is a Toyota OEM deck that is made wider and fills the gaps.

:blink: ooops it was too good to be true.... This one will do for now (until I find something nicer).

Personally I would prefer the one that Toyota sell for around $30 (not dissing yours czaja74... just a preference). Those ones have edges on it to help 'blend' it in a little better. They look like this one:

dsc05256d.jpg

Yeah, I'm using one of the Toyota ones at the moment. The mouldings round the top and bottom definately make it blend in better for some reason, and the fact its slightly recessed where the actualy unit goes. I'm just thinking that with using that facia as part of the custom facia for my USB touchscreen, the flat one might have been better should I have to cut it. With the Toyota one, if I had to make the hole any higher, it would cut into the top/bottom mouldings, and would probably start to look rather silly.

I'm just thinking that with using that facia as part of the custom facia for my USB touchscreen, the flat one might have been better should I have to cut it. With the Toyota one, if I had to make the hole any higher, it would cut into the top/bottom mouldings, and would probably start to look rather silly.

Can't wait to see how it goes mate. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing... even had a good length of 50-core cable ready so I could mount the PC in the boot. Then I got the Auspack unit as a present.

I was actually going to use the moulding and then finely hack it up so I can fit a 10.1 inch display in since it would just fit in with the right work. That would have looked great in my opinion.

I was actually going to use the moulding and then finely hack it up so I can fit a 10.1 inch display in since it would just fit in with the right work. That would have looked great in my opinion.

Would a 10.1" fit, even with hacking the fascia? I'm thinking at 4:3 one would be too high, and I haven't found a widescreen one anywhere for a reasonable price. A agree though, the 10.1 would look great. But I think I'll stick with an 7" or 8", purely on cost and ease to get.

What would really suit me would be to get hold of a dead Presara sat nav unit, or a dead aftermarket unit that I could steal the fascia and buttons off, but dead units seem to be as rare as rockinghorse ****, so thats not likely to happen.

I'm still debating over where to mount the computer. Its a laptop, so it'll either end up mounted under the passenger seat, or I'll mount it in the boot and utilise the laptop screen in there as a boot mounted screen.

Would a 10.1" fit, even with hacking the fascia? I'm thinking at 4:3 one would be too high, and I haven't found a widescreen one anywhere for a reasonable price. A agree though, the 10.1 would look great. But I think I'll stick with an 7" or 8", purely on cost and ease to get.

A 10.1 inch widescreen would just fit but probably would have some screen cropping of about 1mm top and bottom. That would have been my ideal screen choice. Otherwise, I'd start looking for a 9 inch screen. But yeah, like you said, it's probably not going to be the most cost efficient.

• 1 year later...

dsc05256d.jpg

Yeah, I'm using one of the Toyota ones at the moment. The mouldings round the top and bottom definately make it blend in better for some reason, and the fact its slightly recessed where the actualy unit goes. I'm just thinking that with using that facia as part of the custom facia for my USB touchscreen, the flat one might have been better should I have to cut it. With the Toyota one, if I had to make the hole any higher, it would cut into the top/bottom mouldings, and would probably start to look rather silly.

I have been looking everywhere online for one of these facias, all to no avail. If I go into toyota servicing and parts will they be able to order one? Or am I just looking in the wrong places???

You have 3 problems.

1. You spelt "fascia" wrong.

2. You have to look it under Toyota Camry not Aurion as international standard is Camry and both are the same shape and size.

3. You don't have to spam and revive many very old treads to get an answer. Just 1 will do.

Cheapest one is here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CT24TY13-Toyota-Camry-Stereo-Fascia-Surround-Adaptor-CD-/160547198186?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item25615bd4ea

I bought the same one from this seller and i'm happy with it. If you want a photo of it in real life then ask and i'll upload an image later.