Head Units

Adamsy

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if it would be possible for some others to post some images of the head units they've put in their Aurion? Just trying to gauge how other people have gone about it with different units and how black ones look with the rest of the champagne interior that sort of thing, I’m looking at a unit maybe like this one here in the picture.

Thanks look forward to seeing some pics!

post-14878-1262420597_thumb.jpg

Today i purchased the unit discussed in this thread

Legend of Lazz and Bri60 seam to be very pleased with it, and most importantly this comment pushed me over the line:

Holy crap that LCD looks like a MASSIVE improvement.

I am so tempted to upgrade my unit.

Total cost of $650. Hopefully it gets here by next weekend!

Today i purchased the unit discussed in this thread

In sticking with the purpose of this thread, here is a photo of what my head unit looks like in the car. This applies to the Auspack unit and the unit mentioned in the link above (I'll call it the Auspack update):

dsc03814m.jpg

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if it would be possible for some others to post some images of the head units they've put in their Aurion? Just trying to gauge how other people have gone about it with different units and how black ones look with the rest of the champagne interior that sort of thing, I’m looking at a unit maybe like this one here in the picture.

Thanks look forward to seeing some pics!

I'm selling nearly brand new unit from the above thread.

ahuh thats exactly the sort of picture i was after lol, i was wondering how the double DIN units would fit and look in the factory surround you can buy. that kenwood system is fairly close to the other Clarion unit i was looking at two. also i notice you have a tonne of Rockford gear, have you powered the front speakers of the head unit then the rear and sub of a 4ch or how have you gone about it?

ahuh thats exactly the sort of picture i was after lol, i was wondering how the double DIN units would fit and look in the factory surround you can buy. that kenwood system is fairly close to the other Clarion unit i was looking at two. also i notice you have a tonne of Rockford gear, have you powered the front speakers of the head unit then the rear and sub of a 4ch or how have you gone about it?

Front splits & rear speakers are running off the 4 channel and the sub has it's own mono block (T1500-1bd)

I know this is quite off topic, but it seems like such a small thing to start a topic about, but where did you get the Aurion text below your Airconditioner controls DJKOR? I really like the look of them.

I know this is quite off topic, but it seems like such a small thing to start a topic about, but where did you get the Aurion text below your Airconditioner controls DJKOR? I really like the look of them.

Buy the door or fender (2010 model) badge lettering from Toyota,set your spacing and stick em on your console... :)

or you can buy that sh!tty plastic chrome lettering from most Autobarns,Supercheap ect ect ect.

Buy the door or fender (2010 model) badge lettering from Toyota,set your spacing and stick em on your console... :)

or you can buy that sh!tty plastic chrome lettering from most Autobarns,Supercheap ect ect ect.

Excellent. Thanks for that. I'll order it as soon as I get back to Australia. I'll stick to the genuine Toyota parts though, for the sake of a few extra dollars, It'll look a lot better.

That is one option, but to truly answer the question mine is from my door. I debadged my car and had some letters to use.

If you do buy it though, the part number is as follows:

75443-06580 PLATE, FRONT DOOR NAME (SPVS, SPVZ)

or

75443-06570 PLATE, FRONT DOOR NAME (ATX, PRD, PRE)

To tell the truth, I really don't know what the difference is between the Sportivo and non-Sportivo 'Aurion' badging. I never really looked at it.

If you do buy it though, the part number is as follows:

75443-06580 PLATE, FRONT DOOR NAME (SPVS, SPVZ)

or

75443-06570 PLATE, FRONT DOOR NAME (ATX, PRD, PRE)

To tell the truth, I really don't know what the difference is between the Sportivo and non-Sportivo 'Aurion' badging. I never really looked at it.

Okay thanks for that. I'll order the Sportivo plate next chance I get. Did you use anything special to attach it?

And back to the original topic, I am very happy with the head unit Freaky has mentioned. No complaints at all.

Okay thanks for that. I'll order the Sportivo plate next chance I get. Did you use anything special to attach it?

I used just standard double sided tape. But that's because mine came off my door and had no adhesive. If you buy a new one, it will come with adhesive. Just don't stuff it up the first time cause it will be decently strong.

[/thread hijack]

Thanks guys, those pics were exactly what i was after, been a huge help thanks tonnes!

Also wouldnt the Aurion badge off the boot be a better fit for the console than one off the door? just a thought.

Also wouldnt the Aurion badge off the boot be a better fit for the console than one off the door? just a thought.

Oh noes... another thread hijack from me :lol:

Anyways, the boot Aurion badge is physically smaller than the ones from the door. I'm not sure about you, but in my photo you can see the door one seems to be a great fit. The boot one would only be smaller than that.

Thanks guys, those pics were exactly what i was after, been a huge help thanks tonnes!

DJKOR:

I’ve tried hard to come up with a reason as to why i was so dumb to realise that yes the Dor badge fits well and that my boot idea was redundant but i can’t so DAMM YOU LOL!

Speaking of badges now though, how best did you find it to get the badges off? i just so happened to find a TRD badge at work that i was going to put on the boot where the Aurion badge is lol. Cheeky yes i know.

Hey mate,have you made a decision on which H/Unit your going for?

btw...where in Tassie ya from,i was born in Penguin but moved over to the mainland (do they still call it that ;) ) when i was about 6-7 years old i didn't have much say in it,still got family over there and get over once or twice every couple of years.Never seen so much roadkill as i have driving in Tassie,last trip saw 5 dead Devils before i saw a live one. :(

DJKOR:

I’ve tried hard to come up with a reason as to why i was so dumb to realise that yes the Dor badge fits well and that my boot idea was redundant but i can’t so DAMM YOU LOL!

Speaking of badges now though, how best did you find it to get the badges off? i just so happened to find a TRD badge at work that i was going to put on the boot where the Aurion badge is lol. Cheeky yes i know.

Hehehe. I live on these forums. Easy to catch people out :lol:

Well since this thread has had some pictures provided and is not officially off track, you are best removing the badges with fishing wire and a citrus oil based goo remover. A hairdryer helps as well to heat the badge up and soften the adhesive. You simply warm up the badge, run the fishing wire underneath and just saw between the badge and body to break the adhesive. Goo remover helps clean up the remains.

1stKILL:

Haven’t decided on the exact h/unit yet but it will either come from Pioneer (so like the one i first mentioned) or from Alpine. Question how much gap do you have between the unit and the surround and does it look silly in real life?

Also along with Paradigm i reside in Devonport, the "gateway" to Tasmania aka Home port to the Bass Strait Passenger vessels Spirit of Tasmania twins. Which if you can remember is about 20mins via the highway to penguin then Burnie is a further 10-15 mins. You might remember the old highway that wound its way around the coast right through Penguin? Well it's now a scenic drive and the preferred road for guys with go fast cars and bikes even Top gear drove on it when they came here. Lol yeah we have a shocking road kill problem, guess that’s what happens with forests along each of the major highways and well drive on our amazing back roads at night and you'll do good not to have at least a near miss :S Tasmania your natural State lol.....

DJKOR: yes you sure do seem to be the heart beat on this forum but it's good to have somebody on here that knows the Aurion inside and out. Thanks that was how i thought best to also get the badge off, if i can get it off nice and clean i might put it where you put yours although i have a TRD sticker there so might have to go on the chrome strip above the glove box.

Yeah the gap is an issue with me,but that might be just me...i'm looking into something custom to fill that gap on each side,i'm sussing out a carbon fibre dash & console set up so the gap should be taken care of then,but i must say it's the only fault (if you can call it that) with these type units.

yeah i'd be with you there on the gap thing, bit silly you'd think that the Surround would bring the gap size back to standard 2DIN size not 2DIN then some lol let me know how you go with the custom job as i would look at doing something similer as well.

for 650 bucks its a good bargain over the more established brands... (Apline & Pioneer...) I was at JB today and cant believe the prices of the double dins... cheapest Pioneer was well over 1k mark and the cheapest double din was a JVC with a really crap LCD resolution retailing for 560 bucks...! <_<

thinking hard over whether to source mine from overseas (HK or China) or just get a Auspak ones...