Aurion Stivo ZR6 vs Corolla Stivo 5Y

Within the next 2 years I'm thinking of upgrading to either:

- Aurion Sportivo ZR6

OR

- Corolla Sportivo 5Y

My decision will be influenced by your advice.

My priorities:

- Reliabilty

- Modification availability (1. Handling, 2. Interior, 3. Exterior)

- Fuel efficiency

State your advice and reasons

GO

Edited by gimmebo0st

I think you can mod an corolla more, but an aurion with a few good mods can look really good.(as seen with the members on this fourm) i think if you plan on having the car for a while.. you would be more satasfied with an aurion, in my opinion, Depends wether you want a hot hatch or a bigger beefy car :)

Edited by outback

I think you can mod an corolla more, but an aurion with a few good mods can look really good.(as seen with the members on this fourm) i think if you plan on having the car for a while.. you would be more satasfied with an aurion, in my opinion, Depends wether you want a hot hatch or a bigger beefy car :)

+1.. Im biased coz i never drive a stivo b4, but in terms of power and efficiency for a large car, it's definitely efficient.

I think in 2 years you'll have more options and should think about it then ;)

I was about to say this, but in 2 years, maybe aurion has the new look or maybe it'll go hybrid..

GO test-drive them and see them in person.

- Reliabilty

- Fuel efficiency

- They are both Toyotas (there are no real issues with the fact the Sportivo is from SA)

- I'd give handeling to the Sportivo; exterior to Aurion; interior is probably the same.

- Sportivo officially states 8.5l/100km or so. But depends on where you drive and how you drive. I got to drive pretty damn hard to get a figure that high.

But the main thing here is what gearbox do you want? Sportivo is manual only, while Aurion is auto only.

Aurion. Although the 'rolla has a couple of pros over the Aurion, like a real manual and you can park it in a trolley bay if theres no free parks at the supermarket, but apart from that, the Aurion wins for me. Hence (partly) why I own an Aurion an not a Corolla.

Really, though, it just comes down to what you're looking for in a car. I wanted power, 4 doors, larger sedan, and leather, so for me the Aurion was the obvious choice. And fuel economy these days is almost becoming a non issue, as it were. Everythings pretty economical nowadays. My 3.5L V6 Aurion costs me $5 more a week than me 1.5L I4 Lancer coupe cost me, and its bigger, heavier, and more powerful. But on the flipside, a new ZR6 costs 43 grand as well. So if you're looking for a reasonably priced sporty car thats economical, comfortable, cruisy, and the rolla has enough power to suit your needs, then go the roller.

Either way you can't lose - they're both Toyotas!

- Reliabilty

- Fuel efficiency

- They are both Toyotas (there are no real issues with the fact the Sportivo is from SA)

- I'd give handeling to the Sportivo; exterior to Aurion; interior is probably the same.

- Sportivo officially states 8.5l/100km or so. But depends on where you drive and how you drive. I got to drive pretty damn hard to get a figure that high.

But the main thing here is what gearbox do you want? Sportivo is manual only, while Aurion is auto only.

Manual is preferred. What is the tiptronic gearbox like in the Aurion?

Aurion. Although the 'rolla has a couple of pros over the Aurion, like a real manual and you can park it in a trolley bay if theres no free parks at the supermarket, but apart from that, the Aurion wins for me. Hence (partly) why I own an Aurion an not a Corolla.

Really, though, it just comes down to what you're looking for in a car. I wanted power, 4 doors, larger sedan, and leather, so for me the Aurion was the obvious choice. And fuel economy these days is almost becoming a non issue, as it were. Everythings pretty economical nowadays. My 3.5L V6 Aurion costs me $5 more a week than me 1.5L I4 Lancer coupe cost me, and its bigger, heavier, and more powerful. But on the flipside, a new ZR6 costs 43 grand as well. So if you're looking for a reasonably priced sporty car thats economical, comfortable, cruisy, and the rolla has enough power to suit your needs, then go the roller.

Either way you can't lose - they're both Toyotas!

I'm leaning more towards to the Corolla after that, thanks!

Driven both plus my dad use to own an aurion id have to say aurion

roomy and cruisy

for me getting into my late 20's can be a family car plus i get sick of manual, early starts & sydney traffic.

If u can stand manual daily and wanna sneak in and out of lanes and small parking spots go tha sportivo.

and if u get the sportivo get the facelift will still look modern in 2years