COLD AIR INTAKE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not again - Shao, can you please post that picture you have with the information we are all thinking right now....

TRD seems to be the most popular choice here, but lately whilst researching other things I've found AEM to be the weapon of choice for US 1zz-fe and 2zz-ge tuners.

TRD seems to be the most popular choice here, but lately whilst researching other things I've found AEM to be the weapon of choice for US 1zz-fe and 2zz-ge tuners.

just to complicate your research a bit more, Injen make a kit as well. :P but it looks similiar to the AEM one.

just to complicate your research a bit more, Injen make a kit as well. :P but it looks similiar to the AEM one.

i think the injen ones work best with honda cars giving most performance increase... somewhere around 9 and 10kws... :rolleyes::rolleyes: B) :blink::unsure:

arent' all piping relatively similar? wouldn't it be just the pod filter itself that could make a hole lot of difference..

i dont' see how different type of metal thickness/colour would make such a difference. anyone want to prove me wrong as i'm 50/50 on the matter?

i've just ordered myself a simota for $198 local autobarn, plus i got my filter changed to K&n for no cost :P but their charging me fitting this time.

I am researching on CAI for my stivo and am convinced that AEM is probably the best CAI for our rollas -especially Sportivo. Injen is more expensive than AEM but performance wise, Injen is a bit behind AEM.

I am sorry if I repeat this topic again but I think it's useful for people who have less technical/mechanical knowledge about cars - like me

http://www.newcelica.org/other/dyno/page.php?sort=celicagts

check out this link. you can see that AEM CAI usually produces better performance than Injen.

other brands

PHR CAI

http://www.newcelica.org/other/dyno/larryd...erty/index2.htm

TPR CAI - gives better performance than AEM

http://www.newcelica.org/other/dyno/tpr/All-TPR.jpg

next one is K&N

http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/69-8601.jpg

12.2hp gain - but dyno chart comes from K&N company - reliable??? don't know

next one is TRD - dyno test from Craig - see thew link, this gives about 5 kw@w.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/danthuyer

no info regarding Blitz air intake floating o nthe net - i read the british forum - they comment that Blitz sits in the engine bay so it sucks only the hot air - doesn't work and means not worth paying for.

now the choice is up to you. pick the color and the brand you want.

anybody has any dyno sheet on the simota.. interested to know how it's compared to other brands

may the force be with you

tony

Edited by Doctony

yeah....too bad, no v2 for our cars

more about AEM CAI - i was told that $389 to my door step and if you want the ITG filter (regarded as the best filter by many experts) on your kit, add another $160 - you end up paying roughly $550. this is certainly less than the Blitz Sonic Air Intake - Ignition X is selling at $770 excluding shipping.

Go AEM - once I dyno my car, I will post the result (comapred to stock).

it'd be interesting to see what simota does on dyno.

what i'd like to see is each piping get tested with the same filter on it and to see if piping between TRD, AEM, INJEN, SIMOTA and K&N are any difference.

i've tried searching for something like that and no hits.

This is in the pipelines, just getting the cash together. Will also be doing it with the ITG pod in due course too.

Could still be a month or 2 away but bear with me, there are other things I'm saving for at the same time too (check my garage)

This is in the pipelines, just getting the cash together. Will also be doing it with the ITG pod in due course too.

Could still be a month or 2 away but bear with me, there are other things I'm saving for at the same time too (check my garage)

i'm actually waiting for my simota cai to turn up, but instead of simota filter their replacing it with k&n for no cost. but don't have the money to dyno :(

where i'm from Cairns there's not that many places and the ones that are here will probably charge me a fortune.

how much does dyno cost? anyone willing to give me some input?