[BNE] Mountain Cruise + Willowbank 27/02/10

guys, this is a twincam.org organised cruise, but open to TOCAU people too... so come along... should be an awesome day!! :D

Presenting PsyCo's Nebo/Glorious/Willowbank Cruise/Race Day/Night :P

27/2/10 Meet at around 1 for 1:30 depart.

map2.jpg

MAP with directions

Departing Garden City heading northwest to mount nebo & glorious then coming back around wivenhoe dam and landing at

willowbank raceway.

EDIT: Added a northside meet at Macca's The Gap on waterworks rd. Meet 2pm for 2:15 depart. If southside crew is running on time we should be there around 2:05pm.

Approximately 143k 2hrs 15 mins which should entail around 100ks of twisty fun.

I'm not sure if there's somewhere up top of glorious we could stop for a feed so will look into that shortly.

Willowbank Test n Tunes are awesome fun.

$40 to race for the night and includes car/driver & 1 passenger.

Willowbank Test n Tune

Make sure you check the requirements on the link above (Helmet and clothes ect).

So let me know if you wanna come and i'll add your name to the list... :)

daryl, you gotta come to show these lil rolla boys what a "HMAS Aurion" can do... :lol:

Damn... you know I can't say no to something like this. Luckily I'm due to head to Melbourne that following Monday, so I will be able to make it. This is going to be the last straw for my current set of tires I'd say.

So let them know the HMAS Aurion will be there :lol:

Hmmm, I guess I will be doing the 1/4 mile in street trim. When I do Nebo runs, I always have my sub in the boot. I'm used to the way it handles overall like that. So therefore I guess that will have to sit there for the drags as well.

I think I'm starting to get soft with wanting to do hard Nebo runs now. It's not that I'm bored of it... it just scares me more for some reason.

Speaking of soft, the strangest thing happened from the moment I left Willowbank on Saturday. I haven't really had the urge to purposely redline my car since. It's like my driving has tamed down a bit from just that one event.

As for the drags, I am going to be so p***ed off if I don't get at least a 14.131 again.

We should try the anti squat devices and see how that affects our times :D

Yeah. I didn't get the chance to do that last time. Maybe this time would be good to try.

As for the drags, I am going to be so p***ed off if I don't get at least a 14.131 again.

you wont its still too hot and this is even worse with the intake. so dont feel bad. you got that time in winter

put me down as a maybe ash

you wont its still too hot and this is even worse with the intake. so dont feel bad. you got that time in winter

I got a 14.24 last time as the sun set and it was still rather warm then. As well, trap speed was still high showing that power wasn't really affected by the temperature difference.

I have come to realise that launching off the line perfectly is the key to getting a good time. If I can manage this well, I reckon it wouldn't matter if it is summer or winter when it comes to beating my time.

hey everyone.. my name's gio and i bought a corolla seca a couple months ago. Since i bought it iv been doing small mods to it (nothing on the engine yet). After i joined this forum iv found a real interest in the car and all corolla's for that matter. I'd love to come with you all for a cruise if it is for corolla's? Is it open to anyone and is it open to corolla's or just aurion's? iv never been to a meet before, but i'm keen on coming to this for a cruise and to meet some new people who also have corolla's out there. Cheers, Gio

I'd love to come with you all for a cruise if it is for corolla's? Is it open to anyone and is it open to corolla's or just aurion's? iv never been to a meet before, but i'm keen on coming to this for a cruise and to meet some new people who also have corolla's out there. Cheers, Gio

You are more than welcome to come along, it doesnt matter what model Toyota you have or even if you had another brand.

With a cruise like this just make sure you fill up with petrol before you get to the meeting point. Also a CB radio can be handy.

yeah, as Supa said... everyone is welcome...

but just drive to your own limits... its not a race for all of us and if you follow the directions, you shouldnt get lost between stopping points...

i cant stress enough that everyone needs to drive to their own limits... do not feel pressured to keep up with everyone... if you wanna go 30km/h, so be it... :)

• 2 weeks later...
it doesnt matter what model Toyota you have or even if you had another brand.

Dammit, sooo tempted! I did this run on Sunday and would love to do it again but I have another cruise on that day :( I guess I'm better off with my own crowd :P

Edited by Kieren

Dammit, sooo tempted! I did this run on Sunday and would love to do it again but I have another cruise on that day :( I guess I'm better off with my own crowd :P

bring the yaris, we can have a battle royale at willowbank!

Haha I'd love to, but the Yaris isn't raceworthy :( Tyres are beyond needing replacement :o I doubt I'd make it up Nebo without hitting a tree :P

Haha I'd love to, but the Yaris isn't raceworthy :( Tyres are beyond needing replacement :o I doubt I'd make it up Nebo without hitting a tree :P

mine are bald too.. hehe

• 2 weeks later...