REVERSE RACISM

JJCRU23R

plus we could have also thrown the same tantrum when they dubbed Simmons as a Monkey just coz his Aboriginal, but we didn't did we?

Except Andrew Symonds isn't Aboriginal, he was born in England and one of his biological parents (he was adopted, and he moved with his foster parents to Australia at an early age) was West Indian...

Now this I didn't know, that has Fail written all over it.. Why would you bag one of your own?

Is anyone here actually going to watch the show? Or regularly watches the show?

Today Tonight seem to have the most ridiculous stories. I don't consider them a real news show.

plus we could have also thrown the same tantrum when they dubbed Simmons as a Monkey just coz his Aboriginal, but we didn't did we?

Except Andrew Symonds isn't Aboriginal, he was born in England and one of his biological parents (he was adopted, and he moved with his foster parents to Australia at an early age) was West Indian...

Now this I didn't know, that has Fail written all over it.. Why would you bag one of your own?

West indian as in from the west indies eg trinidad and tobago etc ( i think their in teh west indies?)

all i have to say is respect and treat people the way you wish to be treated yourself....

from my previous job i travelled an awful lot to China... and being the hairy prick that i am, was called many number of things... the most insulting was "undeveloped"

so from my personal experience, i know racisim is everywhere, and anywhere that a minority exists.

as far as places of ermployment being selective, i think that it is vital, in any customer service role here in Australia, that your team be as multicultural as possible.

I don't consider them a real news show.

Thats why they call themselves a 'current affairs' show. They can't be put up for claiming to be news, and they can bang on about any old toss thats important to 2 people in the country and beat it up to be a major problem. One of the bushes along my back fence fell over on the weekend and pulled down part of the fence with it. Who cares, you might ask? Well, TT's target audience care! Or, at least, they will when I ring TT and they beat it up to look like some sort of major social issue!

the most insulting was "undeveloped"

Because China is such a developed country themselves.

They're just jealous that they can't sprout body/facial hair as well as we can!

Edited by Paradigm

wog...

woggish

And in a post about racism, too! Smooth. ;)

i unless you grew up when the term was really a racial slur, younger people wouldnt consider it as such.

Two examples... CHK CHK BOOM chick... or maybe you havent heard of the movie WOGBOY? if Nick Giannopoulos can make an Aussie comedy with WOG in the title then aint no way in hell id consider it to be a negative term.

I don't consider them a real news show.
the most insulting was "undeveloped"

Because China is such a developed country themselves.

They're just jealous that they can't sprout body/facial hair as well as we can!

Asian facial hair is awesome.

bill.jpg

The charactor is of course fictional, but ill be hoping to let it grow like this as I get older :P

BTW - ive seen racism out of my parents homeland (philippines) and I also felt somewhat offended, even though Im not white! one time I was in the grocery store at the checkout and there was this white guy in in line just in front of us. the entrance was right next to the checkout, and im pretty certain the white guy didnt understand that the native filipinas walking through were complaining about the smell of pig as they were walking through... and im sure there wasnt any lechon (roasted pig) getting cooked nearby. since i can understand enough of the language, but not enough to confidently speak the language myself since I was born and raised in sydney, when i go up there i feel very much like a white aussie hiding in an asian body. bit strange that... im sure most aussie bred filos would feel the same.

Edited by mannyMANNYmanny

wog...

woggish

i unless you grew up when the term was really a racial slur, younger people wouldnt consider it as such.

Two examples... CHK CHK BOOM chick... or maybe you havent heard of the movie WOGBOY? if Nick Giannopoulos can make an Aussie comedy with WOG in the title then aint no way in hell id consider it to be a negative term.

I'd hardly consider Wogboy as an example. Nick Giannopoulos is Greek. Theres nothing racist about poking fun at your own culture. It's when others are poking the fun that it becomes racist. I'd still consider 'n!gger' offensive in the right context, and people haven't kept black slave for many years. But blacks commonly use it to reference each other the same as Aussies call each other 'mate'. I see 'wog' as much the same. In general usage its not a racial slur anymore, but it was still originally a derogatory term, and personally I still see it as one. I wouldn't use n!gger or wog unless I was being derogatory. Everybody's different, I suppose.

Chk Chk Boom chick? If she's any example of how Australians want to be viewed as a people, I'll renounce my citizenship, because I would no longer be proud to be Australian.

Today Tonight seem to have the most ridiculous stories. I don't consider them a real news show.

I'm still waiting for the next scam they endorse. Storm investements(?), Wizard finance, and so on; then running a story a year later hounding them because they are ripping people off...even though ACA was advertising for them :lol:

Considering the target audience for ACA/TT is bogans, the stories will be targeted to them. If they run a story about racism they will proclaim to be not racist because their mate's brother's mate knows an Asian :lol:

I'm still waiting for the next scam they endorse. Storm investements(?), Wizard finance, and so on; then running a story a year later hounding them because they are ripping people off...even though ACA was advertising for them :lol:

Considering the target audience for ACA/TT is bogans, the stories will be targeted to them. If they run a story about racism they will proclaim to be not racist because their mate's brother's mate knows an Asian :lol:

I'm with you on that Dave.

Isn't calling it "reverse racism" racist? What I mean to say is, the ad seems to suggest that "Aussies" are immune to racism because racism is what is done to ethnics.

wog...

woggish

I'd hardly consider Wogboy as an example. Nick Giannopoulos is Greek. Theres nothing racist about poking fun at your own culture. It's when others are poking the fun that it becomes racist.

I hardly think this was Nicks attitude to the term wog when he made that movie, which was a big success in Australia and Im pretty sure a large portion of people who watched the movie were not of Greek decent. Needless to say I never meant to cause any offence in my use of the term WOG. Ive had more than my fair share of racism against myself in Sydney and Adelaide while growing up and even in the last couple of years when a white kid called me a CHINESE C*NT and spat on the drivers side window (which ive also discussed on these forums just after the incident occured).

I went to a high school where everyone openly made fun of eachother, had a sense of humor and pretty much meant no harm when we called eachother skip, wog, or nip... even the N word thinking back.. we had all sorts, yet we all got along?!

Chk chk boom chick wasnt the smartest girl in the world, but she was speaking in a way I hear many other people speak when they arent on camera, or not trying to censor themselves fearing someone is going to get offended. Its not particularly politically correct, but for some people, the terms dont mean anything anymore if not used in an offensive manner to people you are comfortable speaking the language to. But yea, obviously you were offended, and for that I apologise.

back to the original topic, i missed TT on monday but FINALLY theres an article on the today tonight website which can be found HERE. Make of it what you will.

Edited by mannyMANNYmanny