Interior dome light turning on..

and1

Hey guys. This is a weird one.

My car under moderate to hard braking my 'door open' light on my cluster starts flickering. When it becomes solid, the interior dome light turns on as if I opened a door.

This is not a once off thing. Happens regularly. Seems to have no detriment to my car performance.

Is this an earthing issue? Or faulty something else?

This had only started occurring when I had my clutch, fly, rotors and front pads changed (all done in one hit).

If someone could explain that would be great. It's kinda annoying at night when you start braking and all of a sudden your interior light turns on <_<

Anyways thanks.

Do you get it during any hard cornering? Also, do all your door switches work like they should?

Individually open one door at a time to make sure the light turns on like it should. If one door doesn't trip the light, this would be the switch that I would look into. Something like this could indicate that the grounding wire that connects to the switch has come loose and during your hard braking, swings till it contacts bare metal.

If all your door switches function like they should, then test each door switch one at a time by pushing in the door switch with your thumb and then jiggle it a little to see if your light flickers briefly. It could be possible that the door switch is just playing up and during your moderate to hard braking, the switch is making contact to ground.

It's pretty much trial and error with those I guess. It may not be the door switches, but it's a starting point.

Do you get it during any hard cornering? Also, do all your door switches work like they should?

Individually open one door at a time to make sure the light turns on like it should. If one door doesn't trip the light, this would be the switch that I would look into. Something like this could indicate that the grounding wire that connects to the switch has come loose and during your hard braking, swings till it contacts bare metal.

If all your door switches function like they should, then test each door switch one at a time by pushing in the door switch with your thumb and then jiggle it a little to see if your light flickers briefly. It could be possible that the door switch is just playing up and during your moderate to hard braking, the switch is making contact to ground.

It's pretty much trial and error with those I guess. It may not be the door switches, but it's a starting point.

Doesn't occur during hard cornering or engine braking.. But that's something I'll look at anyways..

take out the bulb.. done... lol

lol I started turning it off during spirited drives at night.