What do you think of these wheels

DAR1US

So, before I go ahead and make an official order, thought I'd take a poll on these wheels that I'm considering...

I considered a normal shadow chrome 5 spoke set, but most of them have the spokes too far apart, and you see too much of ugly brakes and discs...

So please help with a yay or nay!

http://www.lwtwheels.com/wheelzoom/mannuszoom.htm

couldn't be posted as image for some reason...

Personally I think the design is a little too cluttered, but that is my own personal opinion since I like a more open look. I think if you are going to get these, you would have to get them in 19 inch as the bare minimum (I would like to say 20 inch though) to give it the best look. Also as well, "Styles" on the boards here had this set on his Aurion. He had the 18 inch ones, but this should give you an idea:

stylest.jpg

styles2.jpg

BTW, here's the pic of t

yeah, the more I look at it the more I dislike it... When you say open do you mean something like this:

wheel

coz, I do usually like that as well, but that would cost extra $$$ coz you'd HAVE to at least paint the brake calipers... (although I've always been considering painting them blue or black)

What if I got something more like:

octane

or even

thunder

Although I've never really been a fan of flat faced rims, and rather dish..

[edit] then again, dish is probably going to make an aurion too darn ricey...

Edited by Darius

yeah, the more I look at it the more I dislike it... When you say open do you mean something like this:

wheel

Like that... but half the spokes :lol: . I like simple looking 5 spoke designs. Unfortunately, you can only go so simple with the Aurion before it doesn't work. It requires a bit of complexity. Basically though, the types of wheels I like are ones like this:

041__scaled_600.jpg

(as well: http://img.worldcarfans.com/2009/10/large/9800005.jpg)

or even this (in terms of open-ness):

370z_nismo-4.jpg

In the end, it's up to you what you see is stylish according to your own standard. If I was to state my preferences, it would be either performance oriented 19 inch wheels preferably with a flat face to give them a larger look, or huge 21 inch dished rims for style (as DRE has now set the standard).

Dish doesn't necessarily mean ricey. With the right combination, it can look really sporty. Have a look at Jeff's (HiddenTaco), or Ash's (SecaBoy):

DSC_0061.jpg

2cqoe47.jpg

Try somethin with a dish on it. Since your car is black, It'll give a better look. Like these? http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...mp;part_no=2172

Go the VIP!

My Car has a dish... No Ricey..

Edited by VF-X

Here are my choices for a Black SX6.

And ALWAYS try them next to the car before purchasing.

bg_1030_mbrs.jpg

SuperHiro

dc5.version2_charcoal_grey.jpg

Lenso DC5 V2

typem_MBJ.jpg

Lenso Type M

I considered a normal shadow chrome 5 spoke set, but most of them have the spokes too far apart, and you see too much of ugly brakes and discs...

I wouldn't worry about that. It wont detract from your choice and other people don't really care. The only time I noticed an issue was when I hadnt driven in a while and it rained and caused lines of rust on the rotors but that came off after a short drive. It's a daily drive, not a show car.

This is how the Lenso Type M with the silver lip would look on the Aurion

post-13405-1266626495_thumb.jpg

post-13405-1266626635_thumb.jpg

or if you want similar to the Nova.. Then maybe these XHP Jet Black.. The Biggest the Nova will go is 18".. Jet Black can go 19" or 20"

post-13405-1266626840_thumb.jpg

I was looking on our FAQ re: max wheel size, I know we can go up to 20" with no mods, but what about width? Is there a max for that, 8.5" should be ok yeah?

8.5 inch width should be fine. You may even be able to manage 9 inches wide. It all comes down to how much lower you car is really. Offset is one key thing you need to ensure stays close to +45mm as well. In addition, these were my previous words:

The maximum rim width is partially dependent on the offset that you choose. The combination of width and offset also is dependent of how much you plan to lower your car by.

You really should have looked around first before creating a new thread. Welcome to the forums by the way.

Not far down from this thread, there is one which has already been started and could have been asked there:

Anyways, it's hard to specify a specific range because there are variables that can affect the outcome. Most people here choose to go for a maximum of 8.5 to 9 inch wide rim though with an offset between +40mm and +45mm. You can even manage to put 9.5 inch wide on the rear if you want that staggered look, but this requires a little bit of effort. When getting this, you should try to stick as close to the factory offset of +45mm. The following calculator helps to give you an idea if you want to calculate clearances:

But as mentioned, it all depends on how you set up your car. If you want wide wheels, you have to get the offset so that it doesn't stick out too far and scrub. But then again, if you have the facilities, you can make wide rims (like 9.5 inch at t he front and 10 inch in the rear) fit as well:

I'm running 19"x8 with a 42 offset. Tyres 245/35/19. Never had a problem at all, even when loaded with family for holidays.

Here are some front and back pics:

aurion10.jpg

aurion11.jpg

I'm thinking of selling them as well as the Pedders springs and camber bolts, putting all OEM parts back now that the missus is going to start driving the car more often. :P

I hope the info above can help.

cheers