Stainless steel overflow tank

peregrine

I noted from a previous thread that the plastic overflow tanks are prone to cracking and on inspecting mine found it to be cracked across the top. My car is a 1999 model Camry-Vienta. Does anyone know if there is an after market stainless steel tank available for these cars. Replacement should be easy as there appears to be just one bolt holding it in place plus the rubber tube.

To expand on what I already said, just measure the volume of your current overflow tank and buy an aftermarket one of similar volume. They commonly come in cylinder shapes though which may require a little bit of creativity to mount, but others are available if you search hard enough.

To expand on what I already said, just measure the volume of your current overflow tank and buy an aftermarket one of similar volume. They commonly come in cylinder shapes though which may require a little bit of creativity to mount, but others are available if you search hard enough.

Also expanding thanks again!

There is no need for a stainless one(very expensive), the only reason they crack is due to the sunlight and the positioning of the bottle right inside the guard. If you're that worried just get a bit of foam/rubber to stop the sunlight getting in.

There is no need for a stainless one(very expensive), the only reason they crack is due to the sunlight and the positioning of the bottle right inside the guard. If you're that worried just get a bit of foam/rubber to stop the sunlight getting in.

I don't think its the sunlight at least not on mine but rather the position of the filler cap,and having to press down on it to close it. Maybe a new original and more care pressing down when replacing filler cap will help ie:make sure the last bit pressed is on the side closest to the edge of the tank.

:rolleyes: Trust me, it most likely is(why would your Camry be different to anybody elses?), the sun gets through the gap and deteriorates the plastic, thats is the most common damage caused to the washer and overflow bottle. Put photos up... :) Edited by trentmeyer23

If it's the plastic deteriorating, then it's from the sun as Trent suggests...

Mine's got it too, but I've done exactly how Trent has said and placed some padded tape over the covering of where the sun seeps through and yeah... at least kept it at bay.