Fines...

stevo1210

Yes, I got fined today for making a right turn at a no right turn sign. The time on the sign had recently been changed to 3-6PM, before it was 2-5PM when I used to go to school in that area (3 months ago). Me and my friends didn't bother reading the sign cause we were used to the old times... so all 3 of us got tickets. $197 and 2 demerit points *sigh*.

Anyway, I wanna know this... when I pay my $197 at the post office, will I get anything sent back to me in the mail? I'd prefer not cause I live with my parents and they wouldn't be too happy that I've only got 2 demerit points left....

Thanks.

Yes, I got fined today for making a right turn at a no right turn sign. The time on the sign had recently been changed to 3-6PM, before it was 2-5PM when I used to go to school in that area (3 months ago). Me and my friends didn't bother reading the sign cause we were used to the old times... so all 3 of us got tickets. $197 and 2 demerit points *sigh*.

Anyway, I wanna know this... when I pay my $197 at the post office, will I get anything sent back to me in the mail? I'd prefer not cause I live with my parents and they wouldn't be too happy that I've only got 2 demerit points left....

Thanks.

What do you mean all three of you got a ticket?

And if you pay at the post office, nothing else will come in the mail. Once its paid off its done and dusted.

they usually send a letter notifying you that you have 2 or so points left, from what i have heard.

hope you don't have asian parents.

Yes, I have asian parents *sigh*.

they usually send a letter notifying you that you have 2 or so points left, from what i have heard.

hope you don't have asian parents.

Yes, I have asian parents *sigh*.

And if u were a ISLANDER, u would get the MADDEST HIDING OF UR LIFE... Regardless of ur age.. lol!!

If they send you a letter in return, just tell your parents it's for something else. It's none of their business to know what is inside. The envelope shouldn't give anything away. It would just have 'RTA' on it or thereabouts right?

Make something up. Just say it was some young drivers' survey or something.

I haven't got a letter in the mail from the two fines I have got over the years, both were paid up-front and as soon as possible afterwards at the post office, and then that was the end of it. Unpaid fines, however, will end up chasing you through the mail, first from RTA/Cops and then from SDRO (State Debt Recovery Office).

Still in the topic of fines, but it's my prob now. Better than making a new thread on the same topic.

Here's my story, and it happens pretty often.

Last night, I returned from a friend's birthday party around 12 - 1am. I often find people parking in front of my garage, where the entrance is through the back of the house accessable from a small alley. I don't understand why, off along the road in the alley, only a small area EXACTLY IN FRONT of my garage along with 2-3 neighbours has no signs, means you can park there with no limits. And apart from that area, the rest has "No Parking" signs. Not only I can't get in, but at some point, I can't even get my car out of the garage itself when I need it. So sometimes, I didn't bother to park in my garage.

I eventually put up a polite sign, please no parking in front of the garage, it got ignored and eventually the sign went missing. So I decided to park in front of my garage instead. After a while, I got a small note on my glass 'Don't park here.. I often see cars here get smashed' and I thought this people is really nice, making the effort to write this and stick it on my car. ONLY my car not the others. Then I come to think to the point, maybe I took one of the regulars' spots and he'll eventually do harm to my car. So after that day, I never parked around the alley anymore.

So I decided to park in front of my house, on 1P parking area, except for holders' permit. I'm aware as I have no permit (Gonna get 1, sick of getting fines for nothing), so I put a note on the windshield, clipped behind the wiper saying that my garage is blocked bla bla bla. Well, few times it worked, coz I noticed the note was positioned not the way I put it. And there were rangers along the road.

And the only time I put that note is when I failed to find a parking space somewhere with no signs, around my area. I even wake up early in the morning just to park somewhere legally, if my garage is still blocked.

This morning, guess what, I got fined... again... $84.. It's not the 1st /2nd /3rd time I got that.. So far, I paid the fines knowing it's not my fault. But this really gets to my nerves and it really needs to come to a stop.. And apparently, the next door neighbour also experiences the same thing.

Do you guys think we can bring this to court? Coz Im thinking I can..

Edited by VF-X

Put up sign notifying people that cars parked in front of your garage will be towed at owners expense. Then get them towed.

**** em, their own fault.

That's actually a good idea I reckon. It is on your property after all?

to the OP: I was pretty much in the same position. Imagine what happened when the police showed up at my door haha.

Can't really towed em can I? After all, there's no sign at all while other area has. And it's a valley with 2 cars wide, Not really on my property. They parked on the other side.. I guess I'll try go to court 1st.

Can't really towed em can I? After all, there's no sign at all while other area has. And it's a valley with 2 cars wide, Not really on my property. They parked on the other side.. I guess I'll try go to court 1st.

Go to SDRO Review Guidlines and Request Review of Penalty Notice. Have a read through it all. They give guidelines on how to proceed.

Hope that helps.

Edited by u54mot

This morning, guess what, I got fined... again... $84.. It's not the 1st /2nd /3rd time I got that.. So far, I paid the fines knowing it's not my fault. But this really gets to my nerves and it really needs to come to a stop.. And apparently, the next door neighbour also experiences the same thing.

Next time you get a fine put on your wind screen wait for someone to park in your spot then put it on their shield.

probably a 10% chance they will pay it for you.

If you never receive the official one in the mail then you know it worked.

As of the OP...... (bad advice... again) Change your address to something else for 2 months then change it back. LOL.

If they send you a letter in return, just tell your parents it's for something else. It's none of their business to know what is inside. The envelope shouldn't give anything away. It would just have 'RTA' on it or thereabouts right?

Make something up. Just say it was some young drivers' survey or something.

I guess you're not asian then lol... If you tried that in a sterotypical Asian family, you'll be disowned and killed on the spot for trespassing...

I guess you're not asian then lol... If you tried that in a sterotypical Asian family, you'll be disowned and killed on the spot for trespassing...

Actually I'm half Asian. I just grew up learning how to get out of things.

If you aren't able to do that... then you weren't sneaky enough.

Thanks.

Hi there,

You wont get anything in the mail as long as u pay your fine on time, otherwise your screwed since the car is under your parants name...

If your on P's you shouldnt get a mail for only having 2 points, if you have your full licence and only have 2 point left you will receive a letter.

Do you guys think we can bring this to court? Coz Im thinking I can..

Call your local council first and tell them the situation then take it to court if needed.

Actually I'm half Asian. I just grew up learning how to get out of things.

If you aren't able to do that... then you weren't sneaky enough.

Obviously, you've not been held at blade point XD

I kid I kid brother :lol: ;)

You wont get anything in the mail as long as u pay your fine on time, otherwise your screwed since the car is under your parants name...

Considering the fine was issued to him personally, rather than a red-light camera/parking ticket (which would get sent to the registered owner of the car), any fines/notices etc in the mail would be directly addressed to him, so unless the parentals are the sort that go through your mail, they'll never know.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of this chick I used to work with, she drove down station road and noticed a flash behind her, so she wanted to check whether or not she got caught so she drove back didn't notice a camera but saw the same flash again, she did this four times then relised she was doing 70 in a 60 zone... I lol'd :lol:

Last time i got done was for running a red light, on the fine it said duration of red light: 0.6s and there's me thinking, 'but my cars not that fast, I only drive a corolla?' I cant even blink .6 of a second <_<

I hate the law!

she did this four times then relised she was doing 70 in a 60 zone...

LMAO! lucky she only gets fined once though becuz they take the highest speed within 24 hours from the same camera.

are you talking about the "station road" near deer park?

she did this four times then relised she was doing 70 in a 60 zone...

LMAO! lucky she only gets fined once though becuz they take the highest speed within 24 hours from the same camera.

are you talking about the "station road" near deer park?

Yeah, but that road is like a paradise for hooning, not that I approve of it.. but yeah, theres enough of a stretch of road there for it lol

yeah they have mobile cameras there all the time! I don't understand how she couldn't see a camera though... those things are like a sore thumb sticking out!

just a heads up, there is almost always one on st. albans road (near ginifer or albion) and macintyre road. My dad got caught once on glengala rd as well but i never seen a camera there :unsure:

these days, some of them use infra red, so u dont really know if u are caught or not. one day u don't think u are caught and BANG fine comes :angry:

yeah they have mobile cameras there all the time! I don't understand how she couldn't see a camera though... those things are like a sore thumb sticking out!

just a heads up, there is almost always one on st. albans road (near ginifer or albion) and macintyre road. My dad got caught once on glengala rd as well but i never seen a camera there :unsure:

these days, some of them use infra red, so u dont really know if u are caught or not. one day u don't think u are caught and BANG fine comes :angry:

hahaha yeah, I'm not big on speeding anyways, I'm always doing the legal limit, depending on where I am, but a busy road like that, I dont think I'd even try speeding, one of our family friend lost his legs on that road hooning about so yeah, I don't think I'd ever do it

hahaha yeah, I'm not big on speeding anyways, I'm always doing the legal limit, depending on where I am, but a busy road like that, I dont think I'd even try speeding, one of our family friend lost his legs on that road hooning about so yeah, I don't think I'd ever do it

sorry to hear about that mate. yeah i'm not a big speeder either, but i get a lot of parking fines :angry: