Rooaar

czaja74

Dude where did you get all that????!!! I have searched high and low for K&N kit liek that for my SX6 but can't find one. If you could let me know I would appreciate it....Cheers, Mick email is lmcosgrove@yahoo.com.au

Dude where did you get all that????!!! I have searched high and low for K&N kit liek that for my SX6 but can't find one. If you could let me know I would appreciate it....Cheers, Mick email is lmcosgrove@yahoo.com.au

You needto look for K&N Camry '08. I got it from HERE .

They sure roar even better under load don't they. Damn I miss mine. I wish I could fit one to my TRD. This thing would sound sweet with one.

This + Varex = Beast!!

Actual SRI + Varex = waste of money.

Once you put the SRI on, the purpose of the Varex is basically cancelled out. With the Varex open, you can still cruise around while keeping it quiet. It only really makes noise when you get higher in the revs. Once you put the intake on, regardless of whether your exhaust is quiet or not, you will get a bit of noise in the higher revs. It therefore isn't so quiet anymore. For the cost of the Varex, you'd be better off getting a proper exhaust and dealing with any extra noise you get when you push it, because if the exhaust doesn't make the noise... the intake sure will.

Actual SRI + Varex = waste of money.

Once you put the SRI on, the purpose of the Varex is basically cancelled out. With the Varex open, you can still cruise around while keeping it quiet. It only really makes noise when you get higher in the revs. Once you put the intake on, regardless of whether your exhaust is quiet or not, you will get a bit of noise in the higher revs. It therefore isn't so quiet anymore. For the cost of the Varex, you'd be better off getting a proper exhaust and dealing with any extra noise you get when you push it, because if the exhaust doesn't make the noise... the intake sure will.

I thought it'll have 2 different set of noises..? The Varex has a deep note comin from behind whilst this one roars from the engine itself. When you fully opened the Varex, the noise is quite noticeable already with medium revs.

I get what u Sayin Daryl, but will it really cancel out like what you said? This happened to you?

I thought it'll have 2 different set of noises..? The Varex has a deep note comin from behind whilst this one roars from the engine itself. When you fully opened the Varex, the noise is quite noticeable already with medium revs.

I get what u Sayin Daryl, but will it really cancel out like what you said? This happened to you?

Not the point I was trying to make.

The purpose of getting the Varex is to have the ability to make it go quiet when you want. Once you put the intake on, making the exhaust quiet seems pretty pointless because now your intake is going to be making the noise. You may as well buy two decent mufflers that don't have any of those valves in them like the Varex and save a good $500-$600. Will also be lighter (not really an issue for most people), and more reliable.

Not the point I was trying to make.

The purpose of getting the Varex is to have the ability to make it go quiet when you want. Once you put the intake on, making the exhaust quiet seems pretty pointless because now your intake is going to be making the noise. You may as well buy two decent mufflers that don't have any of those valves in them like the Varex and save a good $500-$600. Will also be lighter (not really an issue for most people), and more reliable.

Ahhh... I get ur point.. Thanks for that. Im fully aware of it anw, and it's fine by me.. I'm now thinking whether I should replace the Varex or not. The inlet was so big that they're visible to evry1 including cops. It looks sick, but Im still thinking about it.. =/

Edited by VF-X

Ahhh... I get ur point.. Thanks for that. Im fully aware of it anw, and it's fine by me.. I'm now thinking whether I should replace the Varex or not. The inlet was so big that they're visible to evry1 including cops. It looks sick, but Im still thinking about it.. =/

Well if you already have it... then what's done is done. It's mainly just for future reference for others since the Varex seems to be gaining slightly more interest.

I didnt have chance to drive it yet. Also I noticed that when bonnet is closet it produces even deeper tone. I'll take it for the drive later on and report back. But so far I'm happy.

DJKOR, mate did you end up doing another Dyno run after you installed one of these on your old car, if so did it produce any more power, the same or less?

DJKOR, mate did you end up doing another Dyno run after you installed one of these on your old car, if so did it produce any more power, the same or less?

No... but I took it to the drags with similar conditions to compare to. The verdict was, there was neither a gain or a loss.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to buy either a K&N Typhoon SRI or a Fujita CAI. They are roughly the same price off of eBay and will do pretty much the same thing. The only thing stopping me from deciding is the sound. Has anyone heard both the K&N and the Fujita? Do they sound different at all? And if so which sounds better?