RDA or DBA

czaja74

I know there is a FAQ however there are no links where can I buy these rotors at the good price. I'm thinking about DBA 4000 slotted or equivlent RDA with QFM HPX quality pads. SOmething that is not too hard or soft and will give good brake performance (I know much to ask). Where can I get these at the good price? I checked the usuall suspects (Autobarn, Super Cheap Auto...) and their prices seems to be a bit high.

Edited by czaja74

Usually you order them though places like Super Cheap etc and ask to get direct from the supplier. This cuts out the profit that Super Cheap can get if bought 'through them'. Otherwise give RDA or DBA a call and ask how you can order them and how they recommend.

Define expensive. Remember, you don't get something like these for cheap. Expect to spend like $220+ per rotor for the 4000 Series DBA's.

As for the QFM pads, best place to get them is through GSL RallySport. The gy you speak to there is Greg. The phone number is: 1300 884 836.

I know there is a FAQ however there are no links where can I buy these rotors at the good price. I'm thinking about DBA 4000 slotted or equivlent RDA with QFM HPX quality pads. SOmething that is not too hard or soft and will give good brake performance (I know much to ask). Where can I get these at the good price? I checked the usuall suspects (Autobarn, Super Cheap Auto...) and their prices seems to be a bit high.

hey czaja74, assuming you're from victoria's mill park, northern brake and clutch in kensingtion is worth a call... i was quoted for my car (not aurion) and so far it has been the cheapest (cheaper than super cheap). also with RDA compared to DBA, i heard because the slots were cut from the edge, its more prone to cracking.

As for the QFM pads, best place to get them is through GSL RallySport. The guy you speak to there is Greg. The phone number is: 1300 884 836.

+1 for Greg top bloke.

I ordered my front n rear pads from him aswell as my DBA 4000's, from memory you should get free shipping to.

mmm i too am going to have to do something with the brakes on my car, the road trip on good Friday seems to of taken their toll on the Soft rotors, seem to feel a bit of a shudder now especially pulling up for a complete stop from highway speeds on off ramps :S

• 2 months later...

+1 for Greg top bloke.

Greg is very easy to deal with; I have seen his brake pad collection and he stocks a hell of a lot of pads. He is actually a member on this forum too (hint: do a member search for gslrallysport).

I agree. Greg is really easy to deal with and straight to the point. Receivd rest of the parts today. I'll install everything on the weekend.rolleyes.gif

All installed. Man what a difference. rolleyes.gif

Did you replace the rotors cause it needed replacing, or was it just because you wanted something better? If the former, how many km's has your car done?

All installed. Man what a difference. rolleyes.gif

Did you replace the rotors cause it needed replacing, or was it just because you wanted something better? If the former, how many km's has your car done?

Done 51K and the rotors were there from new. I dont know if they realy needed to be replaced but I definitelly wanted something beter.

was thinking of changing rotors, got slight shudder going downhill 80km/h, quote $240 DBA's slotted.

Try Greg at GSL RallySport on 1300 884 836.

was thinking of changing rotors, got slight shudder going downhill 80km/h, quote $240 DBA's slotted.

Try Greg at GSL RallySport on 1300 884 836.

thanks I will get quote, got to get themsent to tassie though.

hi got this reply via email from gsl rallysport

"DBA are not yet making those rotors, even though they have allocated a

part number and have them on their website. We can supply RDA slotted

rotors for $249 per pair. The pads are available in HPX for $79.

Shipping of $8 would apply for the pads if ordered separately and if you

order pads and rotors shipping would be $33"

did u all get part number DBA42709SL (front left) & DBA42709SR (front right)

im a bit confused

Edited by whitezr6