NBA Thread

.gorgz

Hey guys,

Big basketball fan here, just wondering if theres any others and where your money is for this years playoffs.

I'm a Boston Celtics fan so my heart is always there but I think Cav's are really favourited this year, I'm hoping for a Cav's and Lakers final just to see Shaq vs Kobe haha!

Anyways, thought I'd open this up for any Basketball discussion amongst us fans :lol:

+1 for being a Celtics fan. Bit disappointed at the lack of Celtics games on One though. I've only seen 1.

Prior to this season, I hadn't really kept up with NBA since back the Chicago Bulls were the big thing at primary school. I've been wanting to get back into it, especially now its back on free TV, but I'm pretty rusty on the format, so when I've got some time I think I need to have a big Wikipedia session and bring myself back up to scratch.

+1 for being a Celtics fan. Bit disappointed at the lack of Celtics games on One though. I've only seen 1.

Prior to this season, I hadn't really kept up with NBA since back the Chicago Bulls were the big thing at primary school. I've been wanting to get back into it, especially now its back on free TV, but I'm pretty rusty on the format, so when I've got some time I think I need to have a big Wikipedia session and bring myself back up to scratch.

lol yeah I been a massive fan since primary school, I actually still got my lunch box full of basketball cards, theres not muc of a fan base here in Australia but yeah, I love the game to bits.

Celtics aren't doing so good at the moment, Semi finals are on and their playing Game 2 with the Cav's today, they've already lost the first game (Best out of 7 games), but I'm not expecting much Cav's are favourited to win the playoffs for 2010 and LeBron already has MVP so yeah, I just hope Lakers don't win it, coz I'm getting really tired of hearing about them, I'd like to see Cav's win it if Celtics can't

Jazz-man here, going up against the Lakers in round 2 isn't exactly ideal, but I can imagine a lot of people would be happy if we won (no-one wants to play the Lakers)

Jazz-man here, going up against the Lakers in round 2 isn't exactly ideal, but I can imagine a lot of people would be happy if we won (no-one wants to play the Lakers)

I second that man, they've won enough games, no offence to the Lakers fans out there, but yeah, if you go for the Lakers your a lemming :lol: jokes

• 2 weeks later...

Boston won Game 5, naaaaawww poor LeBron lol, why I'm I the only one writting in this threat :-( I know theres more BBall fans out there

So much for the Jazz holding off the Lakers......I think the word "speedbump" comes to mind.

but i'm a bigger NFL fan...Dallas Cowboys. :toast:

I used to like the Cowboys....then I hated them.....then I kinda-ish started to like them. Kick-**** TV in their stadium though.

Still a Jaguars/Redskins fan though, which sucks 'cause neither tend to have the best winning records, but that's because they're both in tough divisions.

Occasional Saints supporter too, especially last year (then again I support anyone who's playing against the Colts).

So much for the Jazz holding off the Lakers......I think the word "speedbump" comes to mind.

but i'm a bigger NFL fan...Dallas Cowboys. :toast:

I used to like the Cowboys....then I hated them.....then I kinda-ish started to like them. Kick-**** TV in their stadium though.

Still a Jaguars/Redskins fan though, which sucks 'cause neither tend to have the best winning records, but that's because they're both in tough divisions.

Occasional Saints supporter too, especially last year (then again I support anyone who's playing against the Colts).

Yeah i agree,i have a soft spot for the Saints after what happened in New Orleans...and i kinda like the Colts because they beat the Patriots which is my most hated team in the NFL.

Redskins need a new boss before they have a any chance...Snyder is a tool.

Jags have one of my favorite coaches...Jacks the man.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like my prediction of a classic retro Lakers V Boston final series may just come true....

Yeah its looking good so far, Bostons beating Magic 3 - 0 so it's certainly looking like a retro final series..

Just as long as we beat the LA Fakers, I'm happy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...