TRD Aurion handling issue?!

G'day,

I am a proud new owner of a beautiful TRD Aurion 3500S.

I love the car it's a beast. I got one issue though which I don't really like in the car.

When traveling through uneven surfaces often it tries to take the wheel out of my hand it seems as it wants to follow the cracks on the road.

It's not torque steer I got no issues with that I can manage it just fine but this happens even at low speeds.

I've just upgraded from an SX6 and that had no such issues.

Just wonder if anyone had the same experince and is there anything that can be done about it?

Cheers

TRD Bloke

Having come from a SX6 with 215 and 225 wide tires combined with the same TRD suspension, I also experience the same thing you have mentioned in my TRD.

It's called bump steer and it's effect is increased due to the wider and lower profile tires. I'm used to driving with one hand/arm, and when you do this, the difference between the Sportivo and TRD is noticeable.

It's called tracking, it will happen with cars with stiffer suspension and wider tyres . Sorry but there's not much that can be done.

Edited by trentmeyer23

Having come from a SX6 with 215 and 225 wide tires and the same TRD suspension, I also experience the same thing you have mentioned.

It's called bump steer and is an effect of wider and lower profile tires. I'm used to driving with one hand/arm, and when you do this, the difference between the Sportivo and TRD is noticeable.

Yes you are quite right and I am getting used to driving with both hands. Not easy though:)

So I guess there is no way to soften it up a bit??

if you are going to drive with one hand, get a better grip, mine does it pretty badly with the stiff as suspension and 225 tyres

Well you can put some 17x7's on it with a 225 wide tire. That combo was comfortable in the Sportivo.

... but that idea is just stupid. The easiest solution in this case is to just get used to it.

Well you can put some 17x7's on it with a 225 wide tire. That combo was comfortable in the Sportivo.

... but that idea is just stupid. The easiest solution in this case is to just get used to it.

No way I love the way it is and that would defeat the purpose of the car I'll get used to it:) Also on the other hand despite the negative reviews about being FWD with so much power I think it delivers power through the front wheels quite well especially once you learned to handle it.

• 5 years later...

today I drove my accord euro after a few weeks of driving the aurion and I realised how much better it feels compared to aurion.

About the only thing the aurion has over the euro is more power but Handles like a trolley and boring interior.

im trying to find some cheap interior mods to make it a bit less boring on the inside.

any ideas ?

4 hours ago, Aurionsx6 said:

im trying to find some cheap interior mods to make it a bit less boring on the inside.

any ideas ?

Please start your own topic relating to this.