[VIC] MONTHLY MEET - SUNDAY 25TH JULY 2010

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, long time no post in this topic...

i need to know which sunday on the month of June people are good for the recon run...

this day will involve us driving the whole great ocean road with stops to plan out our stops on the actual cruise day...

the crew here figured that some people will want to go home after we reach torquay/the great ocean road sign, for some pictures or whatever as the road is quite a drive (3 to 4 hours one way not including lunch/snack break... stops etc.)

20th of June

OR

27th of June

Whatever of june. Just let me know esp if its a sat.. so i dont work that day! Should get a camera mount soon.. film ya stivo rear while chasing you in the twisties.

Edited by johnnieboi

my sources tell me:

Protecting roads from falling rocks

In the interests of safety, VicRoads will repair parts of the cliff face between Apollo Bay and Lorne which contain many loose rocks that periodically fall onto the Great Ocean Road. These fallen rocks can create a road hazard and cause traffic delays when lanes are closed to clean up the road.

Project background

The Great Ocean Road is one of Victorias most picturesque and popular roads carrying

more than 5,000 vehicles each day. It provides a tourist route to the region that extends

from Torquay to Port Campbell.

VicRoads will remove rocks and material from potential rock-fall locations between late

April and August 2010 to reduce the risk of slippage at later dates.

These works have been planned in consultation with the Surf Coast Shire and the Colac

Otway Shire.

Project benefits

Once completed, this project will improve road safety by reducing the likelihood of large

rocks falling from the cliff faces onto the Great Ocean Road. This will minimise future

occurrences and the need for road closures to clean up fallen rocks.

Timing of works

These works are being undertaken by VicRoads Road Services and are expected to begin

in late April 2010 and be completed by August 2010.

People using this section of Great Ocean Road may experience delays of up to 30 minutes

due to the use of rock removal equipment, and should allow extra time when planning their trips.

Works will be restricted during weekends to reduce disruptions to the many visitors who visit this area.

just FYI

Edited by shin0bi

my sources tell me:

Protecting roads from falling rocks

In the interests of safety, VicRoads will repair parts of the cliff face between Apollo Bay and Lorne which contain many loose rocks that periodically fall onto the Great Ocean Road. These fallen rocks can create a road hazard and cause traffic delays when lanes are closed to clean up the road.

Project background

The Great Ocean Road is one of Victoria’s most picturesque and popular roads carrying

more than 5,000 vehicles each day. It provides a tourist route to the region that extends

from Torquay to Port Campbell.

VicRoads will remove rocks and material from potential rock-fall locations between late

April and August 2010 to reduce the risk of slippage at later dates.

These works have been planned in consultation with the Surf Coast Shire and the Colac

Otway Shire.

Project benefits

Once completed, this project will improve road safety by reducing the likelihood of large

rocks falling from the cliff faces onto the Great Ocean Road. This will minimise future

occurrences and the need for road closures to clean up fallen rocks.

Timing of works

These works are being undertaken by VicRoads Road Services and are expected to begin

in late April 2010 and be completed by August 2010.

People using this section of Great Ocean Road may experience delays of up to 30 minutes

due to the use of rock removal equipment, and should allow extra time when planning their trips.

Works will be restricted during weekends to reduce disruptions to the many visitors who visit this area.

just FYI

dont worry tomee.. we'll just dose it past the falling rocks :P

hey guys, just an update on next weeks recon run.

Few people suggest we leave at 7am. place to meet yet to be confirmed but i'm thinking the best would be at brimbank shopping centre 6.30am to 6.45am. We then leave at 7am and make our way to warnnambool and pick a few spots along the way to stop for photos, breakfast, lunch etc...

People who have confirmed attendance:

1) Kenshin X

2) BKS

3) Johnnieboi

4) JDMwhore

5) Shinobi

6) Hong

7) Adam

CVs would be good guys... full tank of fuel... and dosh for food and drink. My number is 0433 991 799 if anyone else wants to come. See you there guys its gonna be a good day.

Edited by Kenshin X

@trung. Why do u need a helmet for? Lol. Plan to fly off the cliff haha. Etags are good for the east siders but i reckon u wouldnt need them anyways as we are coming and going pretty early and late. Not sure about cvs. (Need to talk to you johnny about those)

@trolla - dude we would be wrapped if you can make it! First cruise and we all would want to meet u. also good to see how your car handles with the twistes :spiteful:

Edited by Kenshin X

People who have confirmed attendance (recon run)

1) Kenshin X

2) BKS

3) Johnnieboi

4) JDMwhore

5) Shinobi

6) Hong

7) Jadred (TBC)

8) TRolla (TBC)

9) 1stKill (TBC)

awesome, list is growing :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :)

Edited by Kenshin X

duy.. we'll test our helmets out.. and wear it while we drive on sunday. LOL!

i got a better idea: we both wear em and run into each other, that'll test the aussie standards these supposed to carry LOL :D

Hi Kenshin, think you got the above list a bit messed up, im all good for the actual cruise, still not sure for the recon run....cheers mate and i think TRolla is not a def yet.

@jaderd not too worry mate, i just put that up to look good haha :P jk

@trung search amx outlets in google, i bought mine for 69 bucks. there is one on ebay for 65 bucks to your door, i just ended up getting from amx as its along the way where i was going

make sure its aus/nz CAMs approved otherwise they wont let you on the track (ie. sticker on the back of the helmet)

u guys got the helmet from motorbikes stores??

ebay 25bux FTW! new too! best buy ever

u were lucky man, i should have shut up and bought it for lauren :spiteful: