[VIC] MONTHLY MEET - SUNDAY 25TH JULY 2010

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, i am playing tennis this weekend so i can't do the recon run but would really like to come to the actually cruise on the 25th of July

its the second last round of tennis so ill try to get someone to take my place. if i can ill be in otherwise i can't come

so put me down as a maybe atm

Edited by kewl10_mac

hey, i am playing tennis this weekend so i can't do the recon run but would really like to come to the actually cruise on the 25th of July

its the second last round of tennis so ill try to get someone to take my place. if i can ill be in otherwise i can't come

so put me down as a maybe atm

omg man i NEVER seen a red rolla sportivo up close!

but u lost me, u mean u will have someone take ur place for the recon run or the actual cruise? be good to see you anyways! :) my numbers there if anything

So early Duy, have to be there at 6:45am lol! I got to bed around that time lol jokes.

I'll see you there, might run a little late though, car wash before cruise?

So early Duy, have to be there at 6:45am lol! I got to bed around that time lol jokes.

seems that ur complaining about waking up early when u wanna wash your car before the recon run LOL!

just worry about not getting kicked in the balls the day before. i'll be there as first aid with acupuncture needles if u need me HAHA :D :D :D :D :D

on a more serious note, those guys coming probably wanna get a full tank of fuel before the recon run... there is shell just down the road if anyone wants to fill up then...

i think on the day its raining anyways :( having a wash mightn't be a good idea, if it doesn't bucket down i'll try to record a few shots with you guys driving through the turns with my camera :)

seems that ur complaining about waking up early when u wanna wash your car before the recon run LOL!

just worry about not getting kicked in the balls the day before. i'll be there as first aid with acupuncture needles if u need me HAHA :D :D :D :D :D

on a more serious note, those guys coming probably wanna get a full tank of fuel before the recon run... there is shell just down the road if anyone wants to fill up then...

i think on the day its raining anyways :( having a wash mightn't be a good idea, if it doesn't bucket down i'll try to record a few shots with you guys driving through the turns with my camera :)

As long as I have legs to stand on and two arms to use the steering wheel I'm fine man haha!

Wish me luck though, coz I've seen the competition.. I'm gonna need it :(

p.s. I still haven't done the sideskirts -_-" their won't be any fotoz of my sideskirtless car.. it feels naked :(

As long as I have legs to stand on and two arms to use the steering wheel I'm fine man haha!

Wish me luck though, coz I've seen the competition.. I'm gonna need it :(

p.s. I still haven't done the sideskirts -_-" their won't be any fotoz of my sideskirtless car.. it feels naked :(

nothing photoshop CANNOT fix :P :P :P

thats alright guys, for the real thing more important hehe.

andy, hope you can make it, i think ur more informed about the great ocean road more than most of us...

back to do some researching... :)

yeah, someone to take my place in tennis

i cant do the recon run this weekend but the actual cruise looks good

unfortunately its an important match but doesnt start till 1 so i should be there for the actual cruise but will disappear somewhere along the drive.

Also, now that i think about it, a red sportivo doesnt come up much.

For me, when i was buying it, it was the best car, not really worried bout the colour.

Looking forward to the cruise in july

Its ok. Its not important for the number of people on the recon run but to make sure we finish plans for the day. Also the approx times we will arrive at the different spots so people can choose when to knock off as some arent willing to go all the way with the rest of us. But course we wanna most to come ;)

ahhh!!! blessed with GOOD weather tomorrow guys! and on the final days of the week too! we will probably be chasing the clouds away so we might get some good photos/videos for you guys to watch hehe :D

I'm 80% keen....

good if u can make it man!

tomorrow will be a nice day for the recon run... just remember to be there at super cheap auto brimbank central at 6.45am. we leave 7am sharp to go to warnnambool...

see u tomorrow there guys :)

Btw, what brand of CB radio should I buy and where should I buy it?

Any specs I need to look out for?

im guna get a motorola set probli from supercheap. 100 or something. or you could try ebay.

Im thinking..

Providing everything goes smoothly and we all run on time.

We make our first break stop at Geelong. (People fill up tanks night before please) Somewhere where we can gather ourselves.. understand our route and where we're going so everybody has a decent idea of how to get there. From Melbourne to Geelong is simple, about an hour drive (74km).

There is a a fairly decent sized carpark on the left near KFC just as we enter Geelong. We could make this the break/meet spot. Or another spot.. whatever.

Then we will head off to the B100 highway and to the great ocean rd. We'll decide wheather to have the breakfast stop at Torquay or Anglesea because after that the next major stop would be Lorne. Torquay is a little bigger than Anglesea but im sure both would have nice bakeries opened in the morning.

You cant go on the GOR and past Lorne.

(There is a short run there to get to this waterfall.. i went last time with my celica.. crazy times, tight corners with speed limits displaying 100km.. lol)

Lorne is a nice town to stop at. We could take a break here and go toilet, get a drink and eat or what not. We'll be around 2hrs into the cruise now (150km) and around 10am at lorne. Probli dont hang around too long and keep going.

The next major town is apollo bay which is another 40mins (43.5km) away. Still following B100 the whole way through.

We'll probli breeze through it and go all the way to Port campbell as our next big stop. From Apollo bay to Port Campbell its about 1hour 20mins away (100km). There are a few towns along the way if we need to stop.

Port campbell could be our lunch stop/location or if we're running late then apollo bay could be the lunch spot.

And finish the GOR on the way to Warrnambool, another 1hr (70km) away.

Thats just my rough thoughts on it. The actual cruise day might be different depending on numbers, traffic, where we decide to stop which i havent factored in yet. Im just going on the basis that this is primarily cruise/driving.

Then the awesome drive back. :spiteful:

Any input or changes is welcomed.

Johnny

nice john :) will keep this in mind with the laptop i'm bringing tomorrow... just type and record the times/distance we travel throughout the day and post it up here with some videos and maybe some pictures of places we can stay :P