Overpriced Sx6?

Hi guys, New to the site and first post so go easy on me if I have gone about this backwards!

I've been stalking the market for an Aurion for nearly 2 months now, and keep coming back to a black 2006 SX6, one owner and only 22,000km on it.

My question for you guys is regarding the price.. $26,990 I've looked on redbook and they claim the $20k mark to be a rough standard. It's in Toyotas Hobart car yard and was traded in. It's in excellent condition inside and out and the kms seem LOW...but does this justify a $7k jump? I just don't want to have a case of buyers remorse!

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated!

Edited by Pilgrim

Hey mate...seems a little pricey maybe because it's for sale in Tassie not the eastern states on the mainland,but the km's are good.

theres an 07 TRD Aurion 3500S in wildfire 49,700km's for $29990 located in Melbourne,it's advertized on our site aswell as carsales.

only a few grand more...but what an upgrade. ;)

With that amount k's, from a dealer that's about as good as it gets. If it were a private sale I'd say look elsewhere. But yeah it hasnt even been run in lol.

Hi guys, New to the site and first post so go easy on me if I have gone about this backwards!

I've been stalking the market for an Aurion for nearly 2 months now, and keep coming back to a black 2006 SX6, one owner and only 22,000km on it.

My question for you guys is regarding the price.. $26,990 I've looked on redbook and they claim the $20k mark to be a rough standard. It's in Toyotas Hobart car yard and was traded in. It's in excellent condition inside and out and the kms seem LOW...but does this justify a $7k jump? I just don't want to have a case of buyers remorse!

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated!

welcome to the group, Im in hobart and got my 2007 sx6 a year ago, I shopped around( car yards auctions etc) but I found mine on carpoint.com for $24,300. the cheapest one co-op had was $32,900, so give the internet a try.

Go to the auctions, Aurions have been selling cheap at auction over here in WA

ie I baught a 2007 Black Sportivo SX6 with minor hail damage, car is not written off or on any written off registry, for $13250

Its going in on wednesday to be repaired which is costing $2500 so with transfer and repairs etc is has cost me 16k

Thats just my example, but I recall an 07 SZ6 go for 21k with low kms

hope this helps

Too many people rely too much on Redbook I think. For the sake of an anecdote, when I sold my old Lancer VR-X, I spent a week scouting the net to determine its worth. I couldn't find many VR-X coupes going at the time, but even for the lower spec levels with around my KMs, the average price came out to be roughly $7,500. Yet I struggled (though after 3 months trying, managed) to get $6k for mine, coz every prospective buyer had looked up the Redbook value, which claimed it to be less than $5k. In the end, I would have come out better off if I wrote her off, coz she was insured for $8k!

The moral of the story is don't rely on Redbook. In Tassie, cars seem to go for a little bit more than the Eastern mainland states, because the market isn't as big here, and to get one from the mainland takes hassle and money that a lot of people probably can't be bothered to go through. That said, I bought my ZR6 from Stevenson's in Launceston for $26,500 down from $29,900. Just over 2 years old with 57k kms. For a 3 and a half year old SX with only just over a years worth of kms, I'd say at least a couple of grand on top of the Redbook price sounds pretty reasonable. Talk to Co-Op, see what sorta price they can do. I've never found a car dealer that can't be haggled out of a couple of grand. ;)

Thanks for the advice guys.

I've been searching the auction sites for a while as well as the car yards, but have decided to go the caryard option as it saves me having to sell my MR2 first...so trade in will be a whole lot easier. The SX is in great condition with low kms which is what I'm after. Having owned my black MR2 for a while now I swore I would never buy another black car again! :P ....but the Sx6 just looks too sexy in all it's Ink glory to pass up!! ;)

Time to haggle me thinks!!

Thanks again guys, shall we say..watch this space!?