Apexi Power FC

Hi All

I've have had a Power FC in my zze123 face lift now for a few month now with a few small problems that i have finally had enough of.

I'm sure most of this is covered in multiple other posts but though I could try to get a list of everyone's problems and or possible solutions in one place. I don't want a debate on other ECU's or reasons why this isn't suited to our cars.

My Problems:

1. Original water temp gauge not working.

2. Thermo fan only working while A/C is on

3. Rough idle - intermittently - sometimes can bounce from 500rpm to 1900rpm on idle

Any help and please keep on topic

Cheers Dylan

Hi All

I've have had a Power FC in my zze123 face lift now for a few month now with a few small problems that i have finally had enough of.

I'm sure most of this is covered in multiple other posts but though I could try to get a list of everyone's problems and or possible solutions in one place. I don't want a debate on other ECU's or reasons why this isn't suited to our cars.

My Problems:

1. Original water temp gauge not working.

2. Thermo fan only working while A/C is on

3. Rough idle - intermittently - sometimes can bounce from 500rpm to 1900rpm on idle

Any help and please keep on topic

Cheers Dylan

Being that u r in brissy my best suggestion for you is to purchase SD's wiring harness ..... if u were in syd the bloke that did my install & a few others for forum members could just re-wire ur stock harness for a few $'s but yeah that wouldnt be worth the trip ...... hit SD up for a harness.

I think you've listed most of the problems, also the A/C not working is another one.

SD's harness is the way to go I reckon, I got mine wired in though, harness was not avaliable back then.

Off topic, any news on your rebuilt head?

hey mate i had the same problem as well plus the knock the reading is not available as well best bet is to get superdave's harness to fix the problem

Dave's harness with new temp sender etc will fix your problem with the guage and AC. The idle will come down to needing a proper tune.

Another option for an aftermarket ECU which supports a working temp guage is a custom adaptronic install from the QLD Dealer. He's built a circuit so the factory temp guage can be driven from one of the ECU's outputs without needing to install an extra temp sender in the system. That also allows you to get rid of the MAF and run a MAP sensor instead.

Edited by CHA54