something cheap then megs kit clay bar?

the megs kit for the clay bar IMO is way over priced for a bottle that really doesn't do much then lubricate and a small piece of clay that probably costs megs like 1cent each to manufacture.

is there anything out there cheaper for our cars, with just the clay bar on its own?

are you breaking the claybar down into smaller parts? i can get a good 6 months out of 1 clay bar... i cut it into 3's... and resuse as well if the car isnt too bad...

important thing is to seal it back up (i use gladwrap reseaable bags) after use, and give it a spray of detailer before storing...

IMO paying for a new claybar kit every 6 months is acceptable... or if you mean the lubricant, you can buy it seperately for like 15 bucks..

are you breaking the claybar down into smaller parts? i can get a good 6 months out of 1 clay bar... i cut it into 3's... and resuse as well if the car isnt too bad...

important thing is to seal it back up (i use gladwrap reseaable bags) after use, and give it a spray of detailer before storing...

IMO paying for a new claybar kit every 6 months is acceptable... or if you mean the lubricant, you can buy it seperately for like 15 bucks..

Nah, I don't need the lubricant. You can just make some yourself with a bit of car wash and water in a bottle. Is it possible to just get the clay bar on its own?

probably, try looking online at places like autogeek.com or something similar. i know you can buy them seperately overseas... in singapore the meguiars clay kit included a hardcase to carry the claybar in, lubricant, AND a meguiars microfibre cloth!! THAT was a bargain. at 34SGD

probably, try looking online at places like autogeek.com or something similar. i know you can buy them seperately overseas... in singapore the meguiars clay kit included a hardcase to carry the claybar in, lubricant, AND a meguiars microfibre cloth!! THAT was a bargain. at 34SGD

Cheers. Yeah I know huh! I remember looking at youtube where it shows what was in the package. When I went to supercheap I was expecting the same thing. And when I only got the bottle and clay I asked where is the rest of the stuff and the guy looked at me like what the hell is he talking about :lol:

We always get the worst stuff in Australia or way too late! :(

How is this? Since its cheap could it do any damage or not work? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Magic-Car-Clay-Bar-180g-Auto-Detailing-Claybar-Cleaner-/180500130258?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a06a569d2

edit: I ask because a quick search on google shows some clay bars are made out of different material.

Edited by unique

You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

It looks like it could do the job, but when it comes to things like this, maybe the tried and tested known brands are the safest bet. For the cost of that though, you can try it out in an inconspicuous area/another car though.

You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

It looks like it could do the job, but when it comes to things like this, maybe the tried and tested known brands are the safest bet. For the cost of that though, you can try it out in an inconspicuous area/another car though.

True true. Well again I've managed to spend $34 in a matter of five minutes. First purchased the megs wash and wax and now this clay bar and spent a pretty penny for the flush yesterday. :unsure:

Sloww down uniqueeee :ph34r:

order your x2 200g megs professional claybar from the states, $90AUD including shipping thereabouts

+

get a gallon (4.7L) of megs last touch, 1:1 dilution making 9.4L of lub, get from auto retailers

=

claying your car for the life of the car.

Refer here

i've used other claybars avaliable on australian sites, australian stores. 3 words = they all suck FULLSTOP.

the ones that dont suck cost 40-50AUD claybar itself.

having said that, x1 50g claybar should last you a year if you know how to use it efficiently.

Edited by Wixy

order your x2 200g megs professional claybar from the states, $90AUD including shipping thereabouts

+

get a gallon (4.7L) of megs last touch, 1:1 dilution making 9.4L of lub, get from auto retailers

=

claying your car for the life of the car.

Refer here

i've used other claybars avaliable on australian sites, australian stores. 3 words = they all suck FULLSTOP.

the ones that dont suck cost 40-50AUD claybar itself.

having said that, x1 50g claybar should last you a year if you know how to use it efficiently.

Cool, thanks for the tips. I'll try this clay bar I got from ebay and if I don't like it I'll turf it away. It was cheap anyway so no harm done.