Severly Overprice TRD suspension for latest Corolla

I have asked for a price quote for a full suspension set for 2 different dealers, one in hurtsville, one in castle hill.

The one in hurstville comes with

TRD shocks $1298.00

TRD springs $885.50

TRD sway bar $830.50

total of $3014.00 inc GST

The one in castle hill comes with

TRD suspension kit $1100 shock set $745.00 spring set $650.00 sway bar set

total 2495

However, the Official TRD web site only costs around 1700 AUD. (130000 Yen)

http://trdparts.jp/english/list_auris.html

Should I order the part myself and ask someone else to install for me?

Please advise

I have asked for a price quote for a full suspension set for 2 different dealers, one in hurtsville, one in castle hill.

The one in hurstville comes with

TRD shocks $1298.00

TRD springs $885.50

TRD sway bar $830.50

total of $3014.00 inc GST

The one in castle hill comes with

TRD suspension kit $1100 shock set $745.00 spring set $650.00 sway bar set

total 2495

However, the Official TRD web site only costs around 1700 AUD. (130000 Yen)

http://trdparts.jp/english/list_auris.html

Please advise

1700 AUD but you got to factor in shipping. That usually costs a shet load.

Edited by KevO

Castle Hill quoted $3200 2 months ago with GST, fitted and with wheel alignment. Apparently they had the last pack in Australia, although I'm not sure about now.

I would've bought it but unfortunately I was short on funding. Either ordering it yourself or through Castle Hill will cost you an arm and a leg but you will have to pay a high price these days to get something decent.

Have you considered other alternatives other than TRD? A few other members have different setups for around that price...

I'd probably buy it from overseas, but i'd wait till the aussie dollar is better, atm AU$1 buys about 70 yen,

if you can wait, and if it ever happens, till the dollar buys 90 or 100 yen then it will work out a lot cheaper

If your going for TRD your going for the high quality build of the parts. You can have the whole same setup for much less, but it wont be TRD. If you really want it, you gotta bite the bullet.

Please advise

Does Koni make struts for the ZRE? Does Kings make springs to suit?

If so search is over as that will costs far less than the TRD gear and you'll go just as fast.

And WTF, an antiroll bar for $830! Contact Whiteline for that one too.

I noticed a new set of KYB short throw struts for the ZRE on YahooJapan the other night...

Whiteline doesnt do any work on the ZRE's. Tho im sure K-mac may be able to help, or get custom work done..

Castle Hill quoted $3200 2 months ago with GST, fitted and with wheel alignment. Apparently they had the last pack in Australia, although I'm not sure about now.

I would've bought it but unfortunately I was short on funding. Either ordering it yourself or through Castle Hill will cost you an arm and a leg but you will have to pay a high price these days to get something decent.

Have you considered other alternatives other than TRD? A few other members have different setups for around that price...

So thats $2000 for the kit and $1200 for the TRD sticker :o

I looked at it when I bought my car and was tempted(alot cheaper then) but aren't as low as I want. Do you have your mind set on these or would you go coilovers? or other top brand shock/springs?

Even though they say TRD I dont know who makes the springs but I think TOKICO make the shocks.. Also I read that EIBACH make TRD springs for TRD USA (nothing to do with Japan)

IMO coilovers would be the best bet.

From $3200 you could get Tanabe Sustec Pro NF/GF for around $1500 plus have enough left over for a wheel alignment, front and rear swaybars, and maybe a front strut brace too.

You would also get greater height adjustment with coilovers(2" front & 2.5" rear with Tanabe, or about 1" with TRD).

:D

Pedders are currently testing there coilover kit for the ZRE on a prototype car. I am told they will have them on the market in about 2 months or less and will cost about 1600 plus fitting costs.

I have used pedders suspensions for years on many cars and have not been disapointed. They have a nice ride height and ride comfort.

Just a suggestion!

A few other members have been waiting for Pedders too, this magical 2 months has been more like 6 months so far. Ive waited patiently but soon i wont be able to maintain my restraint and ill be getting some RSR-Best or something similar.... They have already missed out on sales of their coils for some of us.

Heres the KYB Lowfer sports...

600x400-2010052200001-22.jpg

Or KYB NEW SR Special.

600x400-2010052200003-189.jpg

Another thing you need to think about before buying a coilover set is, Do you plan to use the coilover for its intended purpose or will it just be set to one level and end up as an over priced lowering spring? I see so many die hard car fans spend big bucks on coilovers and never change the ride height. Seems a bit pointless in those cases!!

Unless you plan to use it as an adjustable item just buy a set of lowering springs and spend the savings on an engine mod other than a pod filter and excessively large exhaust tip. Just my 2 cents

Another thing you need to think about before buying a coilover set is, Do you plan to use the coilover for its intended purpose or will it just be set to one level and end up as an over priced lowering spring? I see so many die hard car fans spend big bucks on coilovers and never change the ride height. Seems a bit pointless in those cases!!

Unless you plan to use it as an adjustable item just buy a set of lowering springs and spend the savings on an engine mod other than a pod filter and excessively large exhaust tip. Just my 2 cents

I agree with your 2c's :)