Steering knock - SX6

Hey everyone, I've got this nagging knock in the steering that comes up every now and then. Doesn't discriminate when/where etc. U can actually feel it ever so slightly in the steering wheel.

Anyone else experienced the same??

Had new tyres fitted and the guys there spent over an hour on the wheel alignment making sure everything was tight etc. They even commented that "something didn't feel right".... Toyota says there is nothing wrong....

But its still there....needless to say paranoia has set in....

Any thoughts??

Yep, sounds like you are getting the issue that a large percentage of Aurion owners are getting. Just look through boxerboy's link above.

Your dealer will most likely be saying everything is fine in the hopes that you don't pursue it further to save them doing a warranty job.

My TRD is now starting to do the same. I'm going to wait till I get back from Sydney so that the noise will hopefully worsen and be much more noticeable (easier to prove it to the dealer then) so I can then get the shaft replaced under warranty.

Thanks guys. I'll be having a more in depth technical discussion with toyota tomorrow other than "yeah its ok everythings fine" like i was told before :)

^^^^

if you have any issues with the dealer stating they don't know anything about it ???? tell them to refer to their service bulletins.

Spoke to the service guys yesterday... The guy stated they "were aware of the fault" and to bring the car in so they can confirm and then fix it. Still under warranty so will be done within the next 10days. He confirmed its nothing dangerous....

cheers everyone

Edited by moggillsx6