13 sec corolla for under $1000 ..... wat a bargain

ok fellas ..... so who is game ? ..... i keep getting asked how do i get the car quicker on very minimal budget .... well if ur up for it the below links to a product with the answer

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=1038

ZEX-82321.jpg

p.s. i take no responsibility in what ever damage u cause to ur car in installing this if you dont do other necessary upgrades to make sure u have longevity.

p.p.s i would hope this kit lets u crack into the 13's ..... we it should def get u a low 14 sec pass

p.p.p.s oh i should probably also mention that the product is not legal to have hooked up while driving on public roads

bah, if you need this to get to the low 14s you're not trying hard enough

lol ..... unfortunately dylan some of us are carrying that spare around the mid section if you know what i mean ..... and we need all the help we can get ;) ...... been a long time man so when do you want to come flying with me again ? ;)

Ive been seriously considering this over the last few months. What is is required ie internal?? Any ideas of install cost? Is this a good brand? are there much difference with the higher end ones ie direct port ??

Dylan

Someone please do it!!!

Was contemplating doing this back in the days. But decided to spend abit more and have power to boot all the time instead of from a bottle.

There's been a few 2zz celica that I know of that ran NO in Australia.. Up to 75hp spray.. Would be nice to see what I can run down the 1/4.

Something to get some inspiration from...

Edited by 51EKA

Ive been seriously considering this over the last few months. What is is required ie internal?? Any ideas of install cost? Is this a good brand? are there much difference with the higher end ones ie direct port ??

Dylan

internally nothing if u dont go over board .... the guys in the US from what i have seen have been running 75 shot no probs without touching the engine ..... jase how much of a hit is ur mate running ? a 75 shot ?

install costs i wouldnt think would be too much ...... more money would probably be spent popping it on the dyno and making sure its all behaving .... although i would recommend going a pfc as although it is a wet kit which in theory should run fine on a oem ecu i wouldnt do it.

Zex seems to be ok in the brand side of things .... i havent heard any major complaints ...... obviously the more u spend the more features/customisations ur gonna have .... if u decide to go direct port thats gonna be a pain given the 2zz IM is cast ..... this kit seems to be as plug and play as possible without major modifications required to the car.

after u try this u might find that other bits are pieces are requried to deal with the additional power e.g. i doubt the oem clutch will deal with the additional torque and power very well.

i wonder what an additional 75-100 shot would go like on my turbo setup ...... lol

i wonder what an additional 75-100 shot would go like on my turbo setup ...... lol

Well, there's only 1 way to find out :ph34r:

lol ...... ill tell u wat ..... ill donate the car if u donate the cash ..... that is a pretty reasonable agreement ;) lol

Well, there's only 1 way to find out :ph34r:

lol ...... ill tell u wat ..... ill donate the car if u donate the cash ..... that is a pretty reasonable agreement ;) lol

that makes 2 of us

hey guys!

i own a 05 sportivo.. getting a NOS set up for my car by the end of the year (but bought a motorbike so need to get my funds back up and running)

i will be running a 75 shot system with standard internals..

my manager has a burnout car, a VS on NOS and has had it for the past 3 years, his also got it on his weekend car, VL 5 litre on NOS..

his burnout car he takes to competitions, drags and burnouts... he hammers the living **** out of it!

my other manager who runs a different store is pretty much similar, has a burnout/drag car for a few years on the nos...

they are running a 100 shot system... not one problem soo far!

they have been telling me to do it for a while... when i first heard abt the having NOS, first thing i asked was how many motors they have gone through.. they laughed and said thats wat most people ask!

u just need to get it installed properly...

for the melbourne people, ill be at heathcote drags next sunday, my managers will be there aswell.. im gonna take a ride in one of their cars, and see wat its all abt...

but atm, november when i come back from holidays, my car will be on NOS! should shave 1 - 1.5 secs off the 1/4 mile!

hey guys!

i own a 05 sportivo.. getting a NOS set up for my car by the end of the year (but bought a motorbike so need to get my funds back up and running)

i will be running a 75 shot system with standard internals..

my manager has a burnout car, a VS on NOS and has had it for the past 3 years, his also got it on his weekend car, VL 5 litre on NOS..

his burnout car he takes to competitions, drags and burnouts... he hammers the living **** out of it!

my other manager who runs a different store is pretty much similar, has a burnout/drag car for a few years on the nos...

they are running a 100 shot system... not one problem soo far!

they have been telling me to do it for a while... when i first heard abt the having NOS, first thing i asked was how many motors they have gone through.. they laughed and said thats wat most people ask!

u just need to get it installed properly...

for the melbourne people, ill be at heathcote drags next sunday, my managers will be there aswell.. im gonna take a ride in one of their cars, and see wat its all abt...

but atm, november when i come back from holidays, my car will be on NOS! should shave 1 - 1.5 secs off the 1/4 mile!

i LIKE to see THIS!!!! :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

I will be doing a nos kit mid October I've decided. anyone know how well the power fc can "control"/ handle it? besides ripping the bottom end apart and doing pistons ect what other things can i do to make it as safe as possible?? not sure if i will go for this kit. still looking

the powerfc can't control the nos, and isn't capable of having an input from the nos kit to know when it's active. PFC is basically one of the worst ecu choices you can make if you want to integrate the system properly with your fuel and ignition maps.

With the powerfc, you will just have to tune the cells that are active when the nos is engaged and at full power. Crossley Street and Race engineering tuned the other NOS'd sportivo with powerfc in Brisbane.