what happens when your admitted in hospital

peter lay

hey,

just wondering what happens when your admitted to hospital after surgery? do you get to have a shower and what clothes do you wear? and do you just stay in bed all day? will they feed you food

? thanks

If you are are an inpatient(admitted),yes they should feed you, and yes yes should be able to have a shower. depends what hospital though i guess, cause I had surgery last yearand thats how it worked for me

All the best mate

After surgery? They introduce you to the ward, assess your risks. Depending on what surgery, the risks will be different. Also depending what with what surgery you have, you may or may not be required to wear hospital clothes. But generally you would have to. Yes you will have a shower when you want, yes you will be brought food.

No you will not remain in bed all day, staying in bed all day increases your risks of developing ulcers and what not. Your skin integrity decreases if you remain in bed all day, Gastro intestinal movements are slowed down etc etc. So they try get you out of bed and out and about as soon as you are able too as when you are discharged, you will be getting along with daily life.

All i can remember after surgery (boy they have some good drugs in hospital :wacko: ) is them trying to get you out of bed and moving again asap,this can be very painful but has to be done. :(

and before i had surgery i had a sign above my bed that said NIL ORAL and after a couple of days without a drink i was soooo freakin thirsty,something i will never forget...the drip in your arm dosn't cure your thirst one bit,but i guess it keeps you hydrated.

good luck mate hope all goes well. :)