Rear bumper LED strips

-DAvo

Hey guys

just deciding on how to set up the replacement rear bumper led lights...

would you set them up and parker lights (constantly on with the parker lights) or as brake lights...

for those who dont know what im talking about - see this link

It depends on how bright they are.

If they are as bright as the brake lights when activated then you will have to make them light up with the brakes.

If they are not then definitely set them up as parkers, since their main function is to reflect lights from cars approaching your vehicle from behind.

Tough call.

They call them brake lights on the site. I'm more included to say they should be setup as brake lights.

But either way will be good.

yeah thats what i was thinking... im leaning more towards the brake light option thou, as i have scary disgusting images of those damn excels with the stupid "rear fog light" on all the time....

when we did 51DER's car, we actually wired them up to come on full with the brake lights, but still light up about halfway with the parkers. Personally I reckon this way looks the best, however it you need to wire in a resistor and diode to accomplish this unless the LED strip already supports it (I've installed 2 different types so far.)

when we did 51DER's car, we actually wired them up to come on full with the brake lights, but still light up about halfway with the parkers. Personally I reckon this way looks the best, however it you need to wire in a resistor and diode to accomplish this unless the LED strip already supports it (I've installed 2 different types so far.)

thanks steven! i was udner the impression that they would only be "on" or "off"

will look into this option.

Do that!!!

+1.

Definitely go with this.

yup mine look great huge thnx to Steve for the helping hand

but there is 2 different types Ingress has the other type with 3 wires comming out and they have double leds in them one lot to be on with the lights then the second row comes on with the brakes

but as Steve said mine didnt have that option and we had to muck around with the diodesetc to rig mine up to work in the same sort of way