Australia's world Cup 2010

Rolla & Sao Boy

I know there is so much talk about Australia losing to Germany 4-0 this morning.

Thought it would be interesting to get the views of other members.

All have complained about the coaches player selection and choice of Subs and rightfully everyone is entitled to be angry .

No Bresciano and no Kewell is enough to disappoint leave alone the Tim Cahill Red card and the 4 Nill loss.

This is what i got from the game .

RED Card Cahill got the red card because he complained about a few of the decisions the ref made , mainly the penalty he didnt award , the rough handling Cahill got from the German backs so when Tim made a mistake it was payback .. sad.gif . At the worst he deserved a Yellow which would have been fair for a tackle of that nature.

The Coach As everyone know he picked the wrong team , ah well at least made the wrong subs anyway. Josh Kennedy who is 192cm would have been the best choice striker thanks to his height. Cahill in Midfield forward role creating all the chances with his runs and feeding high balls to Kennedy.Pim picked Cahill as striker and really killed his potency, he was roughed up by the defence and nobody was able to feed any ball to him.Several times Timmy had to fall back to get the ball forward , thats not really a strikers job especially if he is the only CF.

Best players I thought Brett Emerton really was good , he looked composed and showed good dribbling skill. Similar to what Kewell would have done.

Mark SCHWARZER was probably the other stand out , he was only as good as his defensive line but showed plenty of courage and saved surely another 3 goals at least.He is the player i felt most sorry for , being a goalie myself i know how it feels when attacking team can not be stopped and your D gets shot to pieces. Lucas Neil was another player i take my hat off to, he tried and tried but soccer is not about just 1 player,you need others to help.Sadly it seemed for Australia not everyone had warmed to the task.

What happens next ? As much as i want Australia to make it to the next round , i dont think we have what it takes.2 must win games and i'm not convinced it can be done.They should adopt "Go hard or go home attitude" if anything good is to come out of it.

What does everyone else think ?

Who would you field now that we have a hole to fill with Timmy missing the next game ?

Can we turn it around and at least make the next phase ?

I would love to have Guus Hiddink back any day dry.gif

When will we ever have a gifted player like C Ronaldo , Ronaldinho , Kaka etc ??

IMO we played or rather tried to play defensive football,which is not in our nature.

when we play well we are a much more attacking side and take more chances,on the other hand Germany and many other countries in the World Cup are light years ahead of us in raw talent/skill so IMO this was to be expected (in reality land not fairytale land)i'm sure deep down most of us knew the Germans would win it was just a question of by how much...now we know. :(

btw Germany is my pick to win it all,so the flogging was bitter sweet.

We were handed a football lesson by the Germans....it was very dissapointing to see the way the Aussies approached the match. I can understand Pims way of thinking....i don't think its the coaches fault.....why play a player who is not fit or still injured? Pim would have copped more flack if Kewell played and injured himself worse so as to not play the rest of the tournament. You cannot beat the best teams in the world with the offside trap. The aussies should have realised that in the first few minutes of the game......you need to adjust. As for the midfield......soundly beaten and poor Timmy got so frustrated at the lack of good ball! A great player in an average team. I hope they come back and win the next two games and prove that they are not the laughing stock the media is making them out to be......with out Timmy though, i can't see how it going to happen!

Germany was always going to win, I'm sorry but wake up to reality Australia (Mainly the media and the ignorant masses). Unless the entire 1st German squad fell ill and the 2nd German squad was half ****** the match, Australia wasn't going to be in the hunt. With Kewell under injury cloud apparently and trying different tactics against a far superior side, it didn't do Australia many favours...

At first I was thinking Australia might have a chance in that Group but now I'm not sure...

Now what hurts more is New Zealand and North Korea didnt get thumped ..

NZ didnt have a tough match but my god the Koreans really put a show against Brazil ...

I must agree i wasnt expecting Australia to win against the Germans ( was wishing it but spiteful.gif ) at the same time didnt expect to be belted 4-0.

At the end of the day 1-0 or 2-1 would have been a better result despite still being a loss..

Game to watch now is the Spain v Switzerland .

Just wanting some other team to lose worse than 4 goals so it makes us look better ... rolleyes.gif

Just wanting some other team to lose worse than 4 goals so it makes us look better ... rolleyes.gif

Hmm... Argentines and South Koreans on 4-1... Dammit.. Was hoping for South Korea to win.. Was so pumped when they scored 1 b4 the 1st hald ended.

you really thought that Sth Korea had a chance against Argentina? :huh:

really? :huh:

hahahahahaha :lol:

i'm backing Argentina to win the world cup!!! :D

Na, they didnt stand a chance. LoL. I just wanted them to win. :lol: I 'thought' they had a chance after their 1st goal, until the score was 3-1, Fck it. Then 4-1. :lol:

So let me get this right ... So we are still the worst team in WC 2010 losing 4 NIL ?.. Everyone else at least got 1 goal or let less in .. laugh.gif

Long day coming for me tomorrow ..

Wake up to go to work at 3.30am

Finish work at 4pm

Attend dinner party from 6.30 till 10pm

Get home whenever and Watch the Roos play at 11.59pm and the wake up(if i sleep) and go to work again at 3.30am ...

Life of a soccer fanatic ??cool.gif

Will be bouncing off some walls later , just hope Australia win otherwise it will be a total waste ..mad.gif

Socceroo's chances of getting into the next round, This practically summaries all the possible outcomes...

Group D permutations

Ghana 4 pts, +1 GD, 2 GS

Germany 3 pts, +3 GD, 4 GS

Serbia 3 pts, 0 GD, 1 GS

Australia 1 pt, -4 GD, 1 GS

Final group round: GER vs. GHA; AUS vs. SER

Germany win

Germany in.

Serbia in with win OR draw and outscore Ghana by 2 or more on the day or Ghana lose by more than 1 goal.

Australia in with win AND goal difference swing of 5 or more.

Ghana in with Australia/Serbia draw; OR do not lose by more than 1 AND Serbia do not outscore Ghana by 2 or more.

Ghana win

Ghana in as D1.

Germany eliminated no matter the result of Australia/Serbia.

Serbia in with win or draw.

Australia in with win.

Germany/Ghana draw

Ghana in as D1.

Germany in if Australia/Serbia ends in draw or Australia victory by less than 7.

Serbia in with win.

Australia in with victory by 7 goals or more. 7 goal victory as long as Germany does not score any more in their draw will give Australia the Goals Scored tiebreaker. If somehow Germany/Ghana becomes a high-scoring draw, Australia will need to defeat Serbia by 8 or more.

Serbia win

Serbia in.

Ghana in with win or draw.

Germany in with win.

Australia eliminated.

Australia win

Australia in with Ghana win OR Germany/Ghana draw and Australia win by 7 or more.

Germany and Ghana in if Australia win by less than 7.

Serbia eliminated.

Australia/Serbia draw

Australia eliminated

Serbia in with Ghana win; OR Germany win by more than one AND Serbia outscore Ghana by 2 or more on the day (Ghana holds Goals Scored and head-to-head tiebreak against Serbia)

Germany in with win or draw

Ghana in even if losing to Germany IF Ghana do not lose by more than one AND are not outscored by 2 or more by Serbia.

Well... Socceroo supporters will need to pray to all the gods in the world...

Getting Ghana to beat Germany where they only need a draw to go through...

What Socceroos could do is go out guns blazing and score as many goals against Serbia as they can...