ZRE Facelift sedan now on Toyota website

Hi,

The ZRE facelift sedan is now on the Toyota website. The Ultima sedan now has 2.0 litre engine also gains a rear spoiler. Conquest also no longer has foglights like the hatch and the facelifted sedan now has a new colour called Marine (blue)

http://www.toyota.com.au/corolla?WT.ac=GNCorollaHOME

Gee they are good.

Dealerships here in Perth have only just started receiving the cars only today. searched high and low for sneak piccies of the new sedan and found nothing only last week. Now they are plastered all over the toyota website.

BTW, the new colour is "blue steel", code 8U6 and available for accent, conquest and ultima sedans. Not sure about hatch.

THe ultima sedan (ZRE-153) gets the 2.0 litre donk (3ZR-FE) 102 kw @ 5600rpm, 189nm @ 4400rpm and is coupled with the 4 speed auto only (U241E)

Usual accessories are the same except for the headlight protectors. Part number is TO-PZQ1412080 according to my dealer. The bonnet protector could be new too, not 100% sure. Its part number is quoted as TO-PZQ1512060.

Here is a pic of ours at the dealership here in perth. Its a conquest in silver pearl.

125652027.jpg

Edited by Ceebif

hrmmm.. not real big fan of the sedan.

Not my greatest photography effort. Phones take lousy pics. Car looks a lot better than it does in the pic. IMho, its certainly an improvement on the older conquest.

The fog lights is an interesting topic. The conquest sedan I photographed clearly doesn't have fog lights fitted, yet both the press release cc805 posted and the new 16 page brochure (page 6) both say conquest has fog lights.

Maybe the fog lights are a dealer fitment during the pre delivery? Haven't seen inside the car properly to see if there was a switch for the fog lights.

2L engine only gives an extra 2 kw?

Don't forget the 14nm extra torque! Would have been better if toyota put a 5 speeder auto into the new facelift corolla's rather than an extra 2kw & 14nm.

Oh well.

2L engine only gives an extra 2 kw?

More torque down low = only a slight increase in max power but at much earlier revs. The 2.0L is essentially a stroked version of the 1.8L.

I like the new 'smoke' head lights. Not to sure on the rest. Bigger engine is only good for the manual box. Auto is a waist of time in a 4cyc best by a big 6 or 8 if you want a good auto.

Maybe they are getting closer to realsing a supercharged model at factory. Would be good to see.

They did a good job on the rear especially changing the reflectors in the bar.Dont like the grille and I just noticed even the Conquest hatch doesn't get foggies now.

They did a good job on the rear especially changing the reflectors in the bar.Dont like the grille and I just noticed even the Conquest hatch doesn't get foggies now.

Yeah well, those fog lights are a bit of an issue.

Toyota's new brochure for the corolla clearly states that the conquest comes with fog lights (page 6 of 16) and even in toyota's own press room write up on the car.

http://www.toyota.pressroom.com.au/press_release_detail.asp?clientID=2&prID=4151&navSectionID=2

Yet clearly the car does not come with the advertised fog lights. Went back to the dealership on saturday and spotted 3 conquest sedans, none had fog lights. Dealer was aware of the ommission from other customer complaints but so far has not received a reply from Toyota on the matter. Obviously somebody made a stuff up somewhere because now there are customers who ordered conquests and expect fog lights from toyota's own literature and are not getting them.

I think it was such a short notice (and kept well under wraps) when the facelift sedan was released last week. I remember reading somewhere that the facelift was orginally due for release around August or September? The press release appeared the next day after (bits of) the website were updated with the sedan details.

I noted that parts of the Corolla website were up to date, whilst others were not (at times the page displayed could not be found message). The e-brochure and specification summary (spec sheet) still reflect the pre-facelift (sedan) model. The specification section (for individual models) for the Ultima sedan still says it has the 1798cc engine despite the headline news its the first Corolla in Australia to be powered by the 2.0 litre 3ZR-FE engine.

Other than that the range, price, features and compare grade sections of the site have been updated to reflect the facelift model. I guess there may be some trade off with the foglights deleted, you do at least now get optitron instruments on the Conquest and the Ultima now has a moonroof option.

Well it did catch the dealers out.

When we placed our order for the face lift conquest sedan, the dealer told us it wouldn't be available until late July/august which we where prepared to wait for it. A week later They call us to say the car was in their yard!

I don't know about the new Optitron instruments. haven't seen them yet. But we pick the car up tommorrow so I'll know all about the car then!

Well it did catch the dealers out.

When we placed our order for the face lift conquest sedan, the dealer told us it wouldn't be available until late July/august which we where prepared to wait for it. A week later They call us to say the car was in their yard!

I don't know about the new Optitron instruments. haven't seen them yet. But we pick the car up tommorrow so I'll know all about the car then!

Well, had the new facelift sedan in the driveway for a week now.

All of our friends/relies who have seen the car all agree that the exterior changes look much better than the previous model. Funnily enough where I work we have a company who's sales reps drives conquest sedans and he reckons it looks better as well. Somebody commented that it looks like one of Mercedes latest model sedans though I've yet to spot the merc that she's referring too.

The Optitron dash is a winner too. Looks really cool and offers a lot of info for the driver. Fuel economy, individual door/boot open, time/date and so on. But overall the centre read outs "floating" over the two central guages looks great.

Headlight protectors has been changed. Dealer initially supplied the old model ones which won't fit and had to ring toyota for the new part number to oder in for us. Bonnet protector, mud flaps and so on all fit from the pre face lift.

The stereo is good for a OEM system. But having said that, its still a poor sound system overall. The door trims vibrate and the speakers bottom out too easily with even moderate mid bass. The highs are Strident, mid range is muddy and lacking any sort of detail and don't even think about the mid bass and non existent bass. imaging is very poor and staging hap hazard at best and the frequency steer is about the worst I've ever heard.

But having said all that, I reckon the system is easily rescued. Replace all six speakers, apply deadening to the front doors and baffling to the rear shelf (if there is room) should make a drastic improvement using the standard deck which looks nice at least. From there swap the head unit for something with RC outs, a nice 4 channel amp or a mono block and small sealed sub woofer and you'll get some nice tunes out of it!

agree about the Optitron gauges - interesting why the Ascent hatches didn't get it

be a pity to change the stereo head unit as it has advanced bluetooth (can pair up to 6 phones plus BT enabled MP3 players)

the level of quietness is what strikes me the most - at the lights (with radio off) I can only hear outside traffic - you cannot hear the motor - making you think you have possibly stalled!!

Went to a dealer and saw the Ascent, Conquest and Ultima sedans in stock (all were built in May 2010 and the compliance plate is now a label compared to a pop rivet plate on the left rear door pillar as in the past). I also noted that the conquest sedan also gets the 2 stage double console box with sliding armrest wrapped in matching seat trim fabric. The sedans also don't get electric folding mirrors and steering mounted "disp" button on the like the hatchbacks (it still makes do with a left and right push button on the instrument cluster like the pre-facelift). It seems a bit of a raw deal for the facelifted sedans to miss out on these features, not to mention particularly the Ascent sedan doesn't get front seat mounted side airbags like the hatchback.

now I really wish for the Optitron guages - drove the new Ascent a bit more last w/e and the standard gauges are seriously hard to read - I thought all new cars these days would have gauges well sorted - the white speed numbers seem really dull and hard to see.