Ascent to Stivo conversion

Hey guys ive been stalking these pages for a couple of weeks and ive decided to join up,

A while ago i rear ended someone and wrote off my beloved 03 ascent (white) and bought a

stivo (red) and absorbed the parts i could; dash, enging, manual, front interior, bonet,

1/4 pannels and bumpers. Now i have some gremlins i need to get rid of; speedo and fuel

guage not working, among some other things.

PLEASE HELP!!!

stuff to get rid off? got a instrument cluster?? whast the km's on it...

o and nice pics but WAY too big man annoys peeps when u gotta scroll right and down to press the little x to escape it.

Edited by 123R-Prozak

Hey sorry about the fotos guys...hahaha...instrument cluster for the ascent, i think 130,000 or so, evrythings stock from the ascent...the electric windows from the stivo yeah, the stivo's rear left door got hit so im not sure about that one...but ill check it out.

Ill make a list of the stuff thats on the market...cheers guys.

PS theres some smaller different photos in the gallery...and in the photos hold CTRL and scroll to zoom in and out!

Edited by Fidz-zze

Hey guys I got a small list of the stuff i got for sale:

(most of this stuff is pre loved)

4 x stock tan door trims

2 x front doors from the stivo (red + some decals)

1 x rear right door from the stivo (red + rest of the right decal)

1 x radiator NEW

1 x A/C unit stock ascent

1 x 1zz auto engine 130,000

1 x steering wheel headlight control

1 x steering wheel whiper control

1 x tan passenger and driver seats

1 x handbreak assembly

1 x dash support bar

1 x upper (black) and lower dash (tan)

1 x rear right tail light from the stivo, bulbs and loom inc.

1 x hatch spoiler (red)

1 x auto shifter

2 x rear view mirrors (white)

+ more

And LOTS of little plastic bits to do with the dash loom and engine, a/c, ect, just ask and ill probly be able to locate them.

Do you have the rear brakes? off either the ascent or the sportivo?

Im in penrith (SYD) but could probly post some stuff if its not too big, yeah i got the stivo rear breaks, front ones too! what bits do you need? eg disks, calipers ect. then i could give u a $$$

Do you have the rear brakes? off either the ascent or the sportivo?

Im in penrith (SYD) but could probly post some stuff if its not too big, yeah i got the stivo rear breaks, front ones too! what bits do you need? eg disks, calipers ect. then i could give u a $$$

I am looking at doing a rear disc conversion on the yaris, and i am lead to belive 1zz rear discs/hubs/whatever will fit.

so I would need basically the whole hub and caliper assembly. If i can get them for a decent enough price, and they def. fit (i might need your help with that, get you to take some measurements, etc) then I would get them off you :)

I'd recommend putting the Sportivo brakes on your car if you haven't already.

Hey dude, pretty brave move upgrading the 1zz to the 2zz! do you have any info that you can share on what you need to do to get it done? I was considering doing this if i could find enough research on the topic! any info you can share bout your experience is appreciated!!

SuperDave....interesting proposition....that i will probly do as i have to do the ABS too...

Mick....sorry dude im taking the sportivo breaks but i still have the ascent ones if ur keen...ill help you out as much as i can and try to give you a decent price...

JJ....yeah upgrading was kind of needed as i wrote off my corolla and i found a sportivo that had a good front end...

engine from the rolla out and stivo one in was pretty good, just had to change the engine mounts, use the sportivo engine wiring and dash wiring loom, not having ABS was a killer, no speedo...most of it was pretty straight forward, if you have any problems dont hesitate to hit me up about it, ive probly had the same troubles...i knocked it over in about a week, with LOTS of help from a mate and missus, and many late nights. for me i took out the whole dash (in the pics above) out and stripped the engine bay, are you just upgrading the engine? that would be much easier, and now im just ironing out the little things ABS, radio, speedo, ect. but all in all the enging was the simple bit...

PS. AND LOTS OF COFFEE!!!!

SuperDave....interesting proposition....that i will probly do as i have to do the ABS too...

Mick....sorry dude im taking the sportivo breaks but i still have the ascent ones if ur keen...ill help you out as much as i can and try to give you a decent price...

The rear brakes are the same (rotor size at least) between the models; only the front rotor diameter, caliper and caliper bracket vary between the Sportivo and the rest of the line up.

The rear brakes are the same (rotor size at least) between the models; only the front rotor diameter, caliper and caliper bracket vary between the Sportivo and the rest of the line up.

Thanks for the advice superdave, ill change the rear and let you know how the front go....by the way is that ur moustache????

Thanks for the advice superdave, ill change the rear and let you know how the front go....by the way is that ur moustache????

Lol nah, SuperDave is younger and with red hair. I've heard that changing ABS between cars can be an absolute nightmare though. Do you have any guides etc?

HAHAHAHAHA, a red moustache like that would be quite scary!!! Nah i got the service manual from the thread here but other than that i didnt think much of it, but i will now search for one...cheers...BTW my airbag dash light keeps flashing at me...should i be concerned?

JJ....yeah upgrading was kind of needed as i wrote off my corolla and i found a sportivo that had a good front end...

engine from the rolla out and stivo one in was pretty good, just had to change the engine mounts, use the sportivo engine wiring and dash wiring loom, not having ABS was a killer, no speedo...most of it was pretty straight forward, if you have any problems dont hesitate to hit me up about it, ive probly had the same troubles...i knocked it over in about a week, with LOTS of help from a mate and missus, and many late nights. for me i took out the whole dash (in the pics above) out and stripped the engine bay, are you just upgrading the engine? that would be much easier, and now im just ironing out the little things ABS, radio, speedo, ect. but all in all the enging was the simple bit...

hey dude.. so its possible to change over just the engine and it would run fine? I was under the impression youd need the sportivo ECU, brakes, speedo, transmission, wiring.. (basically everything else) to make the sportivo engine work in a 1zz?

hey dude.. so its possible to change over just the engine and it would run fine? I was under the impression youd need the sportivo ECU, brakes, speedo, transmission, wiring.. (basically everything else) to make the sportivo engine work in a 1zz?

Ohhhh, not sure about that, they are similar, but, i did swap the ECU and wiring, but the biggest issue we had was whether or not to keep the 1zz and just change the gearbox or do a whole 2zz enging swap, we chose the engine swap coz we would have had to take the engine out either way. The manual transmission fitting into an auto corolla was easy, same holes and bolts just had to make a hole in the firewall...breaks were the same, is your car now a sedan or hatch? There are slight differences in the sedan and hatch wiring from the rear electronics, lights ect...

Hey guys ive been stalking these pages for a couple of weeks and ive decided to join up,

A while ago i rear ended someone and wrote off my beloved 03 ascent (white) and bought a

stivo (red) and absorbed the parts i could; dash, enging, manual, front interior, bonet,

1/4 pannels and bumpers. Now i have some gremlins i need to get rid of; speedo and fuel

guage not working, among some other things.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Some Toyotas get the speed signal from the ABS unit ( At least in the States they do )

This could be a reason for the speedo not working.

Some Toyotas get the speed signal from the ABS unit ( At least in the States they do )

Yeah thats what i was thinking too, i got a GPS unit doing the speed for me but thats pretty dodgy...:0 so i gotta make the time to put the abs in...fun times ahead i think......

GOod lord... not only you upgraded the engine but changed the tranny from auto to the 6 speed manual??? didnt realise your car was auto to begin with! yea my car is a manual conquest hatch, so wouldnt think there would be much issues in a 2zz transplant if I had the opportunity.

Fidz-zze, not sure if thats u, but i think i saw u today, u were heading towards penrith? I was in the silver rolla sportivo haaha

yeah i saw i silver sportivo going towards richmond!!! If the car was 1/2 red 1/2 white then it was me...not hard to miss the big red nose!! HAHAHA

JJCRU23R: yeah dude it was a mission but luckily it all fitted on the front end, but not the back....if u want some immaculate rear leather seats for ur conquest i have some for sale!! LOL!! And lots of other stuff, like an engine...HAHA...mmmmm i dont know about the conquest, they look very similar, if u want i could get you some measurements of the 2zz engine and u can see it if would fit? HMB bro.

PS does anyone know where i can get a rear bumper, for a ascent that would go with the sportivo bodykit?

Edited by Fidz-zze

Yeah thats what i was thinking too, i got a GPS unit doing the speed for me but thats pretty dodgy...:0 so i gotta make the time to put the abs in...fun times ahead i think......

Hi,

I checked it and yep that would be the reason. The 2ZZ rollas get their speed from the ABS unit while the 1ZZ rollas get it either from a speed sensor on the gearbox if they don't have ABS or the ABS unit.

The speed sensor has three wires going to it. You may be able to get it from your 1ZZ and mount this on the 2ZZ gearbox, but there may be no place to put it.

Some Celicas running the 2ZZ did not have ABS so this may be another option to explore.

You may have to wire up the ABS with at least two sensors ( probably the rears ), power and then get a speed signal out of it. It will be in an error condition but should still supply speed.