ZRE Corolla Edge

WOW it looks kinda ugly without that side skirt to be honest. :blink:

Also just wondering if that spoiler would actually fit our zre ???

should. not sure about exact installation.

something like this - tomee wanted to get it ages ago

post-10034-127816399596_thumb.jpg

They should have thrown in some side skirts too :lol:

Agreed.

Edge what? mats/badges/wheels? big selling pitch there. Fail

Exactly,ours did get skirts but NZ did better with Kappas and Genuine TTE spoilers front & rear.

the ascent sport actually looks pretty good.. but does that mean it being an ascent still has manual wind up windows for the rear?

Yep, it still has rear manual windows. This grade would sit under the Conquest and Levin grades. I assume as the name suggests, its probably like a normal ascent (possibly with the same seat trim material) with the addition of the cruise pack, Levin ZR alloy wheels, fog lights and front and larger rear spoilers.

yeh the rear are manual windows... :angry:

I just had a a look at the toyota website and checked the pricing and the difference between the ascent and ascent sport is only about $1k.. lol .. considering it gets you front and rear spoiler, wheels, foggies, cruise. might be seeing more of these on the roads soon compared to ascent .dont you think? (but the ZZE ascent sport didnt seem to be that popular?)

Edited by DemonRolla

the ascent sport actually looks pretty good.. but does that mean it being an ascent still has manual wind up windows for the rear?

Yep, it still has rear manual windows. This grade would sit under the Conquest and Levin grades. I assume as the name suggests, its probably like a normal ascent (possibly with the same seat trim material) with the addition of the cruise pack, Levin ZR alloy wheels, fog lights and front and larger rear spoilers.

Pretty much,like our Edge which was/is Ascent with the kit.. I really like the Ascent Sport though, i prefer no skirts. If the Conquest had the optitron then thats what I would've bought back then :(

yeh the rear are manual windows... :angry:

I just had a a look at the toyota website and checked the pricing and the difference between the ascent and ascent sport is only about $1k.. lol .. considering it gets you front and rear spoiler, wheels, foggies, cruise. might be seeing more of these on the roads soon compared to ascent .dont you think? (but the ZZE ascent sport didnt seem to be that popular?)

Not sure yet whether these will be popular. Some people might only want the basic kit and nothing more and some people might see the appeal of an extra $1k for a bit more kit. An idea might be to see how well the medium/large segment Camry/Aurion Touring editions are selling with their extra equipment to get a rough idea to see potentially how popular the Ascent Sport will be .

Just checked what they have listed in the PDF that comes additional for the sports model..

ASCENT ‘SPORT’ BADGE

laugh.gifWhat a joke to list this as an inclusion...

I have always owned a Toyota , Corolla mostly but its beyond a joke what gets included and the price factor with that when a special edition is released .

IMO , the best Model Corolla Australia got was the SPORTIVO. For once it wasnt just cheap badges and pathetic add ons.It came with a better Engine and thats what a SPORTS model is !

Lancers come with a Better value

sad.gif. You expect Toyota to give more for less when especially considering the rough times with the recalls and the poor image of recent with their models.

Just checked what they have listed in the PDF that comes additional for the sports model..

ASCENT ‘SPORT’ BADGE

laugh.gifWhat a joke to list this as an inclusion...

I have always owned a Toyota , Corolla mostly but its beyond a joke what gets included and the price factor with that when a special edition is released .

IMO , the best Model Corolla Australia got was the SPORTIVO. For once it wasnt just cheap badges and pathetic add ons.It came with a better Engine and thats what a SPORTS model is !

Lancers come with a Better value

sad.gif. You expect Toyota to give more for less when especially considering the rough times with the recalls and the poor image of recent with their models.

True that. Just a spruced up ascent.. still branded as 'ascent'.. still the same. only better exterior.

so cheap, i bought the ascent for 22k in feb, now with 22k, you can have wheels, spolier... oh my god..

Want a refund..

btw, kind of funny to have manual windows at the rear in this era, does not make sense

btw, kind of funny to have manual windows at the rear in this era, does not make sense

It does seem strange,could've been worse, they could've put drums on the rear :blink:

so cheap, i bought the ascent for 22k in feb, now with 22k, you can have wheels, spolier... oh my god..

Want a refund..

i never sit in the back so the rear manual windows dont bother me :) (annoys the **** out of passengers though hehe)

It does seem strange,could've been worse, they could've put drums on the rear blink.gif

"drums on the rear " , dont give them ideas , its another way of Cost cutting .. Nothing suprises me in this day and age .

Toyota have a recent history of rattling Dashboards and from cheap plastic components in the Cabin .. If only they built everything like the reliable engine..

First there was Power Steering as an Option , then A/C , abs , then power options (windows/mirrors).etc (TCS and all too)

What still remains is Auto/Manual which still have a $2k diff .

Sad reality is Toyota are struggling to give customers everything for $22k in a car. Like in this case short changing by using Manual Windows.

Toyota is selling Reliablilty for $22k and not Luxury. If reliability drops more (recalls etc) we will see more luxury included for no extra to entice ppl to buy toyota but as it stands most of things we would like in a car (in this case Corolla) are labelled as OPTIONAL/UPGRADES/EXTRAS.mad.gif

It does seem strange,could've been worse, they could've put drums on the rear blink.gif

"drums on the rear " , dont give them ideas , its another way of Cost cutting .. Nothing suprises me in this day and age .

Toyota have a recent history of rattling Dashboards and from cheap plastic components in the Cabin .. If only they built everything like the reliable engine..

First there was Power Steering as an Option , then A/C , abs , then power options (windows/mirrors).etc (TCS and all too)

Sad reality is Toyota are struggling to give customers everything for $22k in a car. Like in this case short changing by using Manual Windows.

Toyota is selling Reliablilty for $22k and not Luxury. If reliability drops more (recalls etc) we will see more luxury included for no extra to entice ppl to buy toyota but as it stands most of things we would like in a car (in this case Corolla) are labelled as OPTIONAL/UPGRADES/EXTRAS.mad.gif

Nice post,makes sense...as for cost cutting on the Rollas they should produce a 2 door version,don't have to worry about how the rear windows operate just use those cheap old latches and also no rear doors,should save em heaps. :P

Edited by 1stKill

haha a 2 door rolla in aus would look hot, id definitely get one ..(admiring the euro e12s)

Nice post,makes sense...as for cost cutting on the Rollas they should produce a 2 door version,don't have to worry about how the rear windows operate just use those cheap old latches and also no rear doors,should save em heaps. :P

haha a 2 door rolla in aus would look hot! i would definitely get one if they released it here. (admiring the euro rolla e12s)

Edited by DemonRolla

The 2 door version got named Paseo ... That failed otherwise they would have kept it .It was never good enough to replace the corolla so the legacy went on ..

This is the biggest rubbish i have come up with ... laugh.gif and no word is true . its a speculator