Help me decide which aurion to get

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wanna get an aurion!! but i dont rly drive much, with my other ar i drove about 7000km in like 3 yrs.

If i get a presara, im scared ill scratch it, but the At-x is just useless, no mag wheels.

Could u suggest to me wat car? Although i rly like the presara, but tht means i cant go to holidays.

if u do get it. Thks.

Realistically, you have to ask yourself what YOU feel most comfortable with. Also, are you going to buy new. If you don't drive it much, then an AT-X may work out the best value since it won't be doing all that much. But then again, I'm not one to decide on what fits you best. You may want to have all the luxury features of the Presara despite barely driving it, or you may want the sporty looks of the Sportivo even if it's just an A to B car.

Go to a dealer and have a sit in all of the different types if you can and try to imagine which one you would prefer to have.

They all get marked eventually.

Buy what you can afford.

Mags rarely increase usefulness, unless you want to pull another car bogan.

Edited by boxerboy

If i get a presara, im scared ill scratch it, but the At-x is just useless, no mag wheels.

It's not like you could put some of the money you're saving by getting the ATX towards getting aftermarket or option mags.....

The sx6 as a base model in the sport range is a good start, as you get the sports pack (spoiler, side skirts alloy wheels) at a slightly cheaper price than the zr6. If you like leather though, then the zr6 is the go, the sx6 comes in sport cloth.

which 1 would i be losing most money and least money if i sell 2nd handed?

The AT-X is the best bang for your bucks. It has all the safety and performance features all other Aurions have. Sure it has steel rims but go buy aftermarket rims if you aren't satisfied with it. You will also lose the least money with the AT-X whereas you lose the most with the Presara.

Since you don't drive much at all go with a used ex-rental Aurion AT-X. I saved $16k buying a ex-rental 2008 Aurion AT-X and i'm more than satisfied with the car. I get lots of turning heads at uni B) B) B)

you didn't really say whether you like the sporty type or the luxury versions, but assuming you had your thoughts on the presara and the AT-X suggests that you like the luxury range. you said your don't drive much, so i wouldn't say go for the most expensive in the range. the prodigy is a good choice, the only difference is the smart key/ignition, satnav, slighty smaller alloys and its also about $10k cheaper...also the touring is currently out,i also suggest you have a look at that as well as its the same price as the base model AT-X, but with a few more goodies such as leather steering wheel and gear lever, fog lights, spoiler, 6 cd stacker audio system ect...hope that helps.

but the At-x is just useless, no mag wheels.

Now includes STANDARD 16" Alloy Wheels (spare is steel), see AT-X Specs and in PDF:

ATX_ink_1024x768.jpg

If you still dont't like, buy some aftermarket ones you like (hold on to the standard ones for sale time and use the aftermarket ones again on your next Aurion).

i dont rly drive much, with my other ar i drove about 7000km in like 3 yrs.

So you wouldn't spend that much time in the car to miss all the additional features.

If i get a presara, im scared ill scratch it

Although i rly like the presara, but tht means i cant go to holidays.

If you had the Presara, you would be less likely to use it. Consider getting one that you will WANT to use at every opportunity!

Could u suggest to me wat car?

I wanna get an aurion!!

Have a look online and visit a dealer. All grades have the same performance (accept some are heavier) and same safety.

2008 production price guides from Redbook:

Grade 2008 Price Private price guide

Presara $49,990 $29,900 - $33,000

ZR6 $42,990 $26,800 - $29,700

SX6 $38,990 $22,600 - $25,200

Prodigy $39,990 $24,700 - $27,400

Touring $34,990 $21,000 - $23,400

AT-X $34,990 $19,400 - $21,800

2010 RRP:

Presara $49,990

ZR6 $43,490

SX6 $40,490

Prodigy $41,490

Touring $35,990

AT-X $35,990

Check out Touring for low price (has premium combination meter, duel-zone climate control, park sensors, reverse camera, rear spoiler, fog lamps, etc.), if you look at Prodigy or SX6 you might as well go for ZR6 and if you go all out its Presara.

I would ask lots about the Touring (click for PDF).

Just walk instead.

Seriously tho, the ATX really is the most bang for buck but also the least "impressive".

If you arn't driving that much then the depreciation on a more expensive car is an even greater waste of money. Get a used Corolla.