Ultra Racing Rear sway bar.

Well I'm. Waiting on a replacement to be sent out. Hopefully will be here today or tomorrow. I need it on by Friday so dad can have his camry back! Lol.

Nice work on fitting it btw unique :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm. Waiting on a replacement to be sent out. Hopefully will be here today or tomorrow. I need it on by Friday so dad can have his camry back! Lol.

Nice work on fitting it btw unique :)

Thanks man. I hope the new rear sway bar goes all smoothly. It could be the cold Melbourne weather. It got so cold it just froze up and snapped :P

Well here are some pictures of the bad boy installed:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/photo.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/photo6.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/photo5.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/photo3.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/photo2.jpg

Quick question, why did some people say they had trouble installing the rear sway bar? Like having to take one tyre off, not able to take it out without dropping the exhaust etc?

For me it was like 15 minute thing without having to do anything other then putting car on ramps and unbolting bar and bolting in new bar. :huh:

I'm not sure about a scraping sound. May be similar to what Nathan (Tofuboi) was talking about where he was saying the bolts were just a little loose. Tightening them all seemed to fix his issue. Not rue if yours could be fixed int he same manner.

Apart from that, I can imagine you getting squeaks if you didn't put some lithium grease or equivalent grease on the bushes when you fitted them.

Oh well have I got some news for all of you today. :P

The most amazing thing happened... </sarcasm>

I started to hear that knocking sound again today, was all too familiar. But I noticed it was for ALL the wrong reasons this time.

Got under the car and noticed to my suprise, the bar had snapped. Clean in two on the left hand side.

I can't get a photo right now but I was absolutely dumbfounded as to how it happened. The knocking started when I was driving in a straight line not even applying pressure to the unit. Anyhow I've had to spend another $340 ordering another as the stock one I had has been turfed thanks to the old man. :S

:unsure::unsure: Mate you do realise (Ultra racing bars are made and owned in Malaysia) they are only sold in Australia by distributers under the Ultra Racing name tag. They might look the part but their durability/quality control leaves alot to be desired as you found out first hand,By the way mate dont hand over any more money for a new bar as apparently they have the following;

[bBuy Genuine Ultra Racing products to enjoy life time warranty

This an extract from their website

oh oh oh dont tell me that, was about to get a anti roll bar lol, life time warrenty hay? lets hope we never have to use that :S

For the guys who have problems with noisey sway bars from the bushes. Just use plumbers tape (white tape for pipes) to wrap around the bar before fitting the bushes on to the bar. Should get rid of the noise 100% and last a very long time.

As for quality control. CONROD is right. But you should try to claim it on warranty. Goodluck on it. Got a mate with an 22mm Ultra Racing Sway bar on his yaris. Not troubles from that yet. But i guess its different to the Aurion as it doesnt have much weight to balance.

oh oh oh dont tell me that, was about to get a anti roll bar lol, life time warrenty hay? lets hope we never have to use that :S

Don't let that put you off. The rear sway bar will definitely compliment your lowered ride. I'm still loving the less body roll.

Well the strut brace is replaced and all is well in the world again.

Turns out we found a hairline fracture had been the cause of it all from day 1. As a result, it had been rust damaged over time and eventually snapped.

Like my mech said, he had never seen one break in his life. Even aftermarket ones.

Pics to follow later on when I get home from work.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont use the grease. The noise will come back.

I had used lithium grease from day one of fitting mine. Sportivo went through something like 50,000km, never got squeaks. TRD has so far gone through 25,000km and I am yet to get any squeaks. Each to their own.

Pics to follow later on when I get home from work.

This man is dedicated to his job alright. He still aint back from work :P

Sorry I completely forgot about this lol.

Basically I uploaded the photo to Facebook but it looks kinda dodgy quality thanks to my Dad's photo taking skills. But the short story was that it had a hairline fracture from the day I installed it. It just decided to go after rust got into it and yeah.

The new one is doing great though, I don't know if its placebo affect or whatever it is but it definately feels more tought than it did before (spelling mistakes are there i know), but that could be coz the old one was just worn from the beginning.

I actually just got back from giving it its first serious workout since I installed it. Ran it through my little place I run and it definately felt more planted. :)

Dont use the grease. The noise will come back.

I had used lithium grease from day one of fitting mine. Sportivo went through something like 50,000km, never got squeaks. TRD has so far gone through 25,000km and I am yet to get any squeaks. Each to their own.

This is the grease I used, lithium grease. Weird that it came back.

@Tofuboi, thats good to hear. I definitely noticed a difference in handling and I still do.

Yeah i have used lithium grease, and came back two weeks later. Decided to use Teflon tape. hasn't come back for a year now.

Guess you were skilled on applying grease on swaybars. I've never had luck using grease. Though its cleaner without grease, that's a positive :)

Well good luck Unique. i hope it solves your problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Already placed front struts, now waiting for the rear sway bar. Looking at putting it on this weekend, does anyone know the torque for the rsb?

Kind regards

Already placed front struts, now waiting for the rear sway bar. Looking at putting it on this weekend, does anyone know the torque for the rsb?

Please be aware that if you refer to the FAQ, you will find a link to all the appropriate service manuals. There you will find the following:

di-9132879717813.png

Djkor cheers mate!

Installed the rsb today, placed some grease and teflon tape. Have to say 3mm up from stock gives it a nice feel when turning.

Next upgrade might be Sri for noise or mufflers and take out the resonator.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I drove the car to royal national park. I drove the car quite heavily as being tail gated by Commodore. For some reason, when I get to the corner (left turn), the car won't turn to the left feel like the car keeps going to the right. Feel like it doesn't stick to the road. I read quite a lot in the forum about RSB & Suspension. Currently I have 235 45 18 and standard suspension. Will lowered the car will fix the issue (ps: I don't like lowered car as it will have low clearance and bumpier) or I need to change the RSB to 19mm? Which one will get the most obvious change? Thanks in advance for the advice.