Adam's Gen4 GTP

addy287

Hey all,

Been on the forum for a while driving just your ordinary white Gen 4.

Car is a 1998 Model CSi

Automatic

245000kms on it, high I know...but I take good care of it - serviced every 5000kms without fail!

First mod that I did was the intake; I removed both the intake resonators so it still runs the factory air-box. It screams which is good for scaring people, but it also provides a deeper note to a SRI which i experimented with originally.

Next came the sound system upgrade, all done in my garage.

Currently running:

- Ebay Double Din headunit. Touch screen (not all impressed with its opperations)

- JBL splits in the front; with tweeters intalled on the door trimming

- Sony 6x9's in the back

- Fusion Mono block 900watt amp in boot

- Explode 1000watt sub (with neons that flash with the bass - I know its gay but i was bored)

- Sony 4channel wiring throughout - done VERY neatly.

For this next mod, I really do have to give a BIG thanks to Trent for helping me find it. He managed to find me a Brand spanking new Gen 4 GTP kit. It arrived about 3 weeks ago in its 'Genuine Toyota Parts' box. I got it painted yesterday, then spent all night installing it. To be honest I can't stop looking at it, especially when driving next to office buildings with glass windows.

DSC_CamryGTP.jpg

DSC_CamrySide.jpg

DSC_9177.jpg

A few little things that I have also Upgraded include:

- LED number plate and parking lights

- Mercedes Two-tone Horn

- BMW 335i exhaust tip

- White LED's throughout all guages, instruments

- Tinted rear lights

The Proper Mods:

- Genuine Toyota GTP Lip Kit (purchased brand new)

- Ksport Kontrol coilovers

- Projector retrofit, with 6000k HID's

- Whiteline 20mm rear swaybar

- Ultra racing front strut bar

- NonStopTuning lightened crank pulley

- 17x7 Advanti Talon in Gloss black, with brushed aluminium higlights

- 215/45/R17 Pirelli P7's

- Corolla clear side indicators

- DIY intake, with K&N filter

- Tinted windows (front 35%, back 18%)

- Upgraded sound system, DVD/GPS/TV, splits, 6x9's and Sub

To Do List:

- Exhaust of some description

- Slotted rotors with EBC redsutff pads

- Whiteline rear camber bolts

- 15mm wheel spacers for back

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

All comments are welcome, weather they be positive or negative.

Thanks for reading

Edited by addy287

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice. Now get a spoiler and if possible find the GTP spoiler risers. Colour code mirrors and door handles and she'll be a million bucks GTP :)

very nice. Now get a spoiler and if possible find the GTP spoiler risers. Colour code mirrors and door handles and she'll be a million bucks GTP :)

Thanks.

About the spoiler raisers...if you find anyone selling just them by themselves I'd be more than happy to buy them, might take a while considering it took me 2 years to find the kit. Yikes

Looks tuff mate,your patience & luck worked out a treat congrats :toast: and as John said some nice Jap rims and a little dump will set that kit off very nicely.

btw can you get different colored number plates in NSW?,maybe black & white...i know it's not your fault but those yellow plates sort of spoil the look you have going on.

Cheers

Lee

dont buy rims from tempe

if i was you i would get some white rims white on white looks awsome with abit of dish my choice would be these

http://www.work-wheels.com.au/products.aspx#product28

or these

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/Content_Common/pr-Vertini-Wheels_Hennessy.seo

sean

They're nice but I don't think they would look good on a camry. I was originally just going to get the standard GTP rims, but i wanted something a little different.

==================================================================

looks good dude, i rekon clear tail lights look ace on white cars, and would set ur car off, also drop it on its nuts and stick 18s under it, i had a gen 3 widebody on its ***** on 18s but ran into probs and had to sell it off cheap, (ps not real keen on your rear bar (but thats my opinion), and i wouldnt put a spoiler on it, but im liking the rest of ur ideas, colour coding etc, i like the idea of deep dish white face rims with chrome lip, i had 18x8 advanti wheels with 235/40r18 nexen treads(pictured) paid $1500 package deal fitted up here in qld, however they scrubbed on full lock incase its an issue, anyway good luck with the rest of the build

post-11442-128195714973_thumb.jpg

post-11442-128195717438_thumb.jpg

post-11442-128195745434_thumb.jpg

==================================================================

looks good dude, i rekon clear tail lights look ace on white cars, and would set ur car off, also drop it on its nuts and stick 18s under it, i had a gen 3 widebody on its ***** on 18s but ran into probs and had to sell it off cheap, (ps not real keen on your rear bar (but thats my opinion), and i wouldnt put a spoiler on it, but im liking the rest of ur ideas, colour coding etc, i like the idea of deep dish white face rims with chrome lip, i had 18x8 advanti wheels with 235/40r18 nexen treads(pictured) paid $1500 package deal fitted up here in qld, however they scrubbed on full lock incase its an issue, anyway good luck with the rest of the build

Not that bigger fan of clear lights (plus i dont know of any for a gen4) ill most likely be tinting them a little; not too much to impeede the strength of the lights or to attrach attention just enough to get rid of the bright red during the day.

As for slamming it on its a@$3, im going for more of a performance look rather than show. Anybody that knows me well enough will know my driving style, so slamming it wouldnt be the best option; plus i regularly have a full car so i cant be bothered to deal with the sag when i go over bumps etc.

Lastly like Trent said thats a stock rear bar. The GTP kit adds the flares to either side. There arent that many rear bars for a camry and the ones out there look sh!thouse to be honest.

So I got paid last night from work. YAY!

Looking on ebay for things that I used to dream about having for the car, and oops I accidently bought a few things.

- HID kit; 6000k

- and maybe some, ahh...carbon fibre ph34r.gif

Mod Update:

- Tinted rear lights and side blinkers

- Carbon fibre Eye-lids

- LED instrument cluster

Sneaky Peaky of photoshoot. The rest of the pics will be up within the next couple of days.

Overall really happy with how they worked out.

adam.jpg

i'd like to take the credit for this being ALL MY FAULT tongue.gif

dry.gif I am most displeased with you...

Now to convince him to go FI.

All in good time...hopefully

Ok, sorry my friend who took the photos is having a few technical difficulties at the moment, so all the photos I planned would be up obviously aren't. I did manage to grab one more off him;

goo.jpg

Update:

- HID's are installed

- White LED instrument cluster

Ordered more white LED's for the centre console

Alloys + FI incoming, right? smile.gif

Looking good adam. Check your PM too.

Unfortunatley the bigger mods will most likely have to wait till early next year as I'm on a very tight budget at the moment.

But I am getting my car dyno'd next Saturday to see what kind of power she is making.

I hold my own praise to be the fastest Gen4 N/A I've come across - a mate of mine has a Gen4 with the TRD bodykit and TRD exhaust and we maybe had a little race...lets just say I was pulling and neither of us knew why.

DIY intake = more gains than a TRD exhaust?