Replacement Tail LIght Covers???

Cupcake

Hi Everyone

I've been searching the net for days trying to locate somewhere I can order some clear/frosted tail light covers.

I have a black Aurion and one of the tail light covers need replacing and I thought of changing both to the clear/frosted ones.

(I never really liked them red anyway)

Is anyone able to head me in the right direction as to where I can order some from, preferably not a Toyota dealer as they will charge double what their really worth.

Thanks.

Cupcake

Tail light covers? You are aware that it's an entire tail light assembly right?

You will have to purchase each individual light if you want to change them over. Expect to pay around at least $300 per light from Toyota or about that much for the entire set of Thailand Hybrid tailights like seen here:

http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.aspx?ProductID=Product-090816200455242

Thanks DJKOR

I clicked on the link you supplied and that's along the lines of what I am after, preferably without any red though.

I didn't realise I would need to change the entire rear light but that's not a problem as one needs to be repaired

anyway so I will just do both a the same time.

I didn't realise however that they are so expensive. So in your opinion there would be no price difference if I ordered

over the net or went into a dealership?

Cheers

Cupcake

I didn't realise I would need to change the entire rear light but that's not a problem as one needs to be repaired

anyway so I will just do both a the same time.

Not quite 'both'. You have the two outer lights that are mounted on the rear quarter panels and two inner lights mounted on the boot lid. So a total of 4 lights. Just for reference, when I had to purchase one outer rear light from Toyota 2 years ago, I had to pay $600.

Now the price has dropped down over the years, but it's still expensive. To change all 4 lights, I would be expecting a figure around the $1000 mark.

I didn't realise however that they are so expensive. So in your opinion there would be no price difference if I ordered

over the net or went into a dealership?

If you want the facelift lights, there is only one place really to get them online, and that's from the site I showed. They have the standard red ones, which are no different to the red ones on the facelift (clicky), or the hybrid ones which are similar to our all-clear ones, just with a blue tint and an extra red section (as shown in my previous link). If you want the all-clear ones, good luck finding them online. You may be waiting many months with no guarantee of a set ever coming up on eBay or anything like that.

Otherwise, if you just replace your busted one, you could either buy the replacement one direct from Toyota, or you may find that it would be more cost efficient to get that set online that I linked to above.

What are the Hybrid taillight COVERS that are on the Thai website about? Always been a little curious because at that price they're obviously not the full taillight assembly.

For some ****s n giggles I recently inquired about the price of hybrid taillights genuine from Toyota - They were around $450 per side (inner and outer lights).

What are the Hybrid taillight COVERS that are on the Thai website about? Always been a little curious because at that price they're obviously not the full taillight assembly.

You mean these?

I've always assumed they're just that - a cover. So if you have the 'clear' hybrid lights, you clip these over them for a different look.

You mean these?

I've always assumed they're just that - a cover. So if you have the 'clear' hybrid lights, you clip these over them for a different look.

I was under the assumption they are the chrome surroundings only. If it was a cover, can you imagine how much ugly bulk that would add to the already bulky facelift lights?