anyone want to swap their Aurion sportivo for my XR6 turbo?

jc807

I have an 12/06 BF XR6 turbo with 45,000kms. I love the car, it gets over serviced and well looked after but I don't really get to drive it much (my wife drives it to the shops with our 2 yo mostly). I'm interested in swapping it for an Aurion Sportivo if anyone is keen.

The only improvements made are Bilstein B6 shocks (still standard ride height), BMC air filter. It has 10 months rego and new tyres.

PM me if you are interested in a change.

That's heaps sick aye! So cheap! I've placed a bid already. Can't wait to have it fitted. It'll be Faster and Furious!

I have an 12/06 BF XR6 turbo with 45,000kms. I love the car, it gets over serviced and well looked after but I don't really get to drive it much (my wife drives it to the shops with our 2 yo mostly). I'm interested in swapping it for an Aurion Sportivo if anyone is keen.

The only improvements made are Bilstein B6 shocks (still standard ride height), BMC air filter. It has 10 months rego and new tyres.

PM me if you are interested in a change.

I'm guessing you are after a ZR, if so I doubt anyone would want to swap. The ZR's are still selling for a pretty penny on carsales. Ones with 45K are still selling in the high 20's ($26,000). The 06 Turbo is a nice car but lacks a lot of features and safety compare to the ZR.

I can predict where this is going to go:

1) No one will be interested in the swap,

2) It will turn into a p***ing contest of which car is better,

3) Ima then close it.

A bit of a flame war here and there won't hurt anybody. Sometimes I like the information put up when people are comparing different cars.

Edit: Let me start. What is better FWD or RWD?

Jokingg :lol:

Edited by unique

there is no contest really, they are both very different yet excellent cars.

true car enthusiasts can enjoy and love all types of cars, from a 2010 mini cooper s to a 68 camaro. all cars have their pros and cons.

the aurion sportivo was my second choice and the xr6 turbo ended up on top of list.

xr6 turbo pros:

good power

zf6 g'box very smooth (first auto i've ever owned) and will support big power

handles well with minimal mods (bilsteins and swaybars)

so so easy to extract more power ($2k for 350rwkw)

xr6 turbo cons:

ford build quality not excellent

relatively high fuel consumption

aurion sportivo pros:

good power

toyota build quality excellent

looks good

relatively low fuel consumption

good handling

aurion sportivo cons:

no real power upgrades available except supercharger kit

who wants megapower through fwd

can't think of any other cons - anyone?

now as you can see, since my wife drives it 99% of the time, i won't be needing any power upgrades for it.

i'm basically thinking my current car might appeal to someone who is after a change, i was happy to overlook the above cons in exchange for the pros. I will soon buy a 4wd ute for work and that will become my new toy.

i think my car is worth between $22k and $24k so i'm looking at a SX6.

Edited by jc807

That's heaps sick aye! So cheap! I've placed a bid already. Can't wait to have it fitted. It'll be Faster and Furious!

Thats funny Lawrence.. i think if u installed ten of them on the outside, u can take off from a cliff hahhaha..

Edited by Ingres

aww well interesting that another XR6T wants an Aurion lol, i wanted TRD but had to settle for ZR6. Best of luck with your trade, biggest problem you'll face here is that just off the top of my head i think most Sportivo owners on here are ZR6 not SX6 i think :S sorry dude.

aww well interesting that another XR6T wants an Aurion lol, i wanted TRD but had to settle for ZR6. Best of luck with your trade, biggest problem you'll face here is that just off the top of my head i think most Sportivo owners on here are ZR6 not SX6 i think :S sorry dude.

Lets swap. You can give me your ZR6 :P

Only differences are subtly cosmetic though?? leather interior, keyless entry etc...nothing different performance wise.....

Lets swap. You can give me your ZR6 :P

ahahahah mmmmm let me think about that justtttt for a second lol??? nope im good lol but nice true! but i love the blue way too much!

Only differences are subtly cosmetic though?? leather interior, keyless entry etc...nothing different performance wise.....

This is true, although apprently there is some extra bracing in ZR but things like the leather, dual zone climate front rear park assist Smart entry/ Smart Start 6way powered seats are great additions and features the XR6 doesnt have either, so in spec a SX6 would be closer to the XR6. But even then the SX6 has more specs in terms of safety.