DVD/GPS units

daniel76

Hi all, if anyone could help that would be great. Im currently looking on ebay at DVD/GPS units for the toyota and cant decide between the autome305 and easydeals636. they both seem to be great but if anyone knows anything about which one is better, your views would e much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

I got mine from www.autogps.com.au, works well no problems so far except the tv doesnt work up here on the Central Coast need a stronger aerial :rolleyes:

Hi all, if anyone could help that would be great. Im currently looking on ebay at DVD/GPS units for the toyota and cant decide between the autome305 and easydeals636. they both seem to be great but if anyone knows anything about which one is better, your views would e much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

I'm about to have a look at a brand new unit that easydeals636 will have in stock soon, so if you can wait a week or so I'll be posting up another review.

Thanks,

Daniel

I'm about to have a look at a brand new unit that easydeals636 will have in stock soon, so if you can wait a week or so I'll be posting up another review.

thanks for the comments. ill hold off a week or so.

Thanks,

Daniel

its on ebay now the new one..looks good.

Thanks,

Daniel

its on ebay now the new one..looks good.

I'm currently reviewing this new unit now. Will update the other GPS thread when done.

First impressions - looks good, functions not so good.

I'm not even going to bother updating the other thread. Basically with this unit, don't bother. It feels very cheap, doesn't fit the dash well, difficult to use etc etc. I did write a 2 page review however as I've convinced the seller to not bother importing anymore of this type there's no point posting it - he's going to wait a few weeks until another, more powerful (800mhz, 256mb ram) unit arrives and I'll let you all know about that one.

I got my dvd/gps unit off a guy here in Melbourne. He had an ebay site. Can't remember the name but he referred me to his preffereed insaller whom stated that it was a reliable unit. Good thing is that I can still use my steering controls to control volume and skip titles...havent looked back since

I'm not even going to bother updating the other thread. Basically with this unit, don't bother. It feels very cheap, doesn't fit the dash well, difficult to use etc etc. I did write a 2 page review however as I've convinced the seller to not bother importing anymore of this type there's no point posting it - he's going to wait a few weeks until another, more powerful (800mhz, 256mb ram) unit arrives and I'll let you all know about that one.

Thanks alot steven. i was looking closly at the new one and didnt think the screens were anywhere as good as the last one.

Im leaning towards the autogps.com.au one. has the day and night light feature and the screens look good.

thanks for your input.

Daniel

Anyone had trouble with the touch screen not responding ? it seems to be intermittent, but the screen doesen't respond or it gets a mind of its own ( changing page on gps mode) have written to george at easydeals636, and as usual he responded very quickly and suprised at this problem. just checking it anyone with this unit had similar problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my dvd/gps unit off a guy here in Melbourne. He had an ebay site. Can't remember the name but he referred me to his preffereed insaller whom stated that it was a reliable unit. Good thing is that I can still use my steering controls to control volume and skip titles...havent looked back since

another one to consider is advance-electronic ('s) unit. Its probably similar to the others from ebay. I got mine before my car and the advice from this site, however I've been completely happy with it so far. Havn't bothered with the TV.

He is from Sydney.

Cheers Tom