Upcoming Aurion Customer Service Excercise

Adamsy

Hey Guys,

From Tomorrow Toyota will release details and letters to affected Aurion owners, i can't actually say what the recall is because i don't even know yet but however i have seen the part and its like a foam pad "sort of thing" which to me resembles the sort of seal the put at the back of tail lamps to get them to seal not leak or rattle but i could be wrong this is just a guess time will tell but however i do know it's too do with a leak and i know a few people have had issues with water getting into the rear lenses. Also i did hear mention of the boot so perhaps enough people have complained about the slight boot leak the car has.

Anyway i will post more detail tomorrow as they come to hand. If anybody else from Toyota land has any more details atm please let us know :)

lol it will be done free of charge i'd say but yeah not sure what the go will be, possible it wil only be a selected vin range that's affected so those cars will be fixed as the cars that were built after that would of had the problem rectified on the production line :)

But yeah see what tomorrow brings aye!

Ok so i have some more details now, there are two Customers service exercises so i was half right about one of them but they are nothing major at all and will only effect a small amount of Aurion owners.

NO1. Engine Moving Control Rod Bolt:

Engine vibration or knocking noise is evident under light to medium engine acceleration. Inspections have found that the No1 bolt on the engine moving control rod sub assy has been loose and under specified torque.

Basically the dealer will see if the bolt is loose measure its torque and then tighten it back up to the rated torque level. If anybody is interested in more details or how to check and adjust to the proper torque level themselves then PM and i can talk toy through the instructions no worries.

No2. Now this one only affects the face lifted model owners out there so stress less.

Due to the sealing gasket composition, over a period of time under certain environmental conditions the possibility exists for the silver surfaces in the LED's in the rear combination lamps to experience corrosion. This is in under the influence of humidity and higher atmospheric temperatures, the gasket used to seal the open tale lamp and the vehicle body can emit small amounts sulpuric acid (H2S) Affecting the durability of the LED's. As a preventive measure Toyota Australia will conduct a customer service exercise to replace the RH & LH rear lamp Gasket.

So nothing to major and this last one only affect vehicles built from 25th June 09 through to 21st Jan 2010. P/N:04000-51206

Hope this helps. People will start receiving letters from Toyota about it in the next couple of days. As for the loose control rod it seems to be a few and far between problem so i doubt there will be much of an issue with this one. But ofcourse if you do hear noise that doesnt sound steering shaft related or feel a vibration and do find the rod a little loose then by all means contact your nearest dearler ASAP

Edited by Adamsy

No2. Now this one only affects the face lifted model owners out there so stress less.

Due to the sealing gasket composition, over a period of time under certain environmental conditions the possibility exists for the silver surfaces in the LED's in the rear combination lamps to experience corrosion. This is in under the influence of humidity and higher atmospheric temperatures, the gasket used to seal the open tale lamp and the vehicle body can emit small amounts sulpuric acid (H2S) Affecting the durability of the LED's. As a preventive measure Toyota Australia will conduct a customer service exercise to replace the RH & LH rear lamp Gasket.

So nothing to major and this last one only affect vehicles built from 25th June 09 through to 21st Jan 2010. P/N:04000-51206

Hope this helps. People will start receiving letters from Toyota about it in the next couple of days. As for the loose control rod it seems to be a few and far between problem so i doubt there will be much of an issue with this one. But ofcourse if you do hear noise that doesnt sound steering shaft related or feel a vibration and do find the rod a little loose then by all means contact your nearest dearler ASAP

Thanks Adamsy, I'll wait for my letter ;-(

Cheers Tom

Yeah no wories Tom, and really this is no bigger dont be to worried, this is just Toyota been Toyota. After everything that has happened in the US this year they are just going all out to fix any little inperfections before they turn into something bigger.