New Levin ZR owner

Hi All,

I'm one of those noob Corolla owners. I ordered a Levin ZR with moonroof in Tungsten last week. My first choice was Wildfire, and I was prepared to wait 3 months to have it built, but they found one in my 2nd colour choice which should be ready in about 3 weeks. I think I like the Tungsten better than the wildfire having seen another ZR in that colour.

The comments here have been interesting and useful. At first I got a shock when I read about people waiting 3 months for a car. At least it braced me for the reality had I stuff to the first colour choice.

Is the owners manual available for download anywhere? I googled it but didn't find much. I'm keen to have a read before I get the car. I'm pretty excited about all the extra features.

Congrats MacDavo, I dont think the manual is up anywhere for download, nor is the service manual which i thought may be by now. When i priced the service manual, it was AU400 from Japan thru toyota. Hope you find some helpful hints and mod tip here, we are always working on it!

Thanks for all the well wishes :) Really looking forward to getting this. The first brand new car I've ever bought.

I'm quite tempted to buy some 17" alloys straight away. I've seen the other thread with mods and wheels, and rollas definitely look hot with the right set of wheels. The trick is getting them on _before_ my wife sees the car LOL. There'd be too many "how much did _they_ cost" if I changed the wheels later. I've got a couple of weeks to look around so might check out some of the wheel shops around town.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the well wishes :) Really looking forward to getting this. The first brand new car I've ever bought.

I'm quite tempted to buy some 17" alloys straight away. I've seen the other thread with mods and wheels, and rollas definitely look hot with the right set of wheels. The trick is getting them on _before_ my wife sees the car LOL. There'd be too many "how much did _they_ cost" if I changed the wheels later. I've got a couple of weeks to look around so might check out some of the wheel shops around town.

Keeping your wife happy is another business !! Not many people like "hot" rollas, especially female

Regarding the menu, someone has uploaded a a japanaese version auris menu here, i dun think u find it useful

Pics as promised.

When I first got the car, Thursday, I wondered whether I'd made a mistake not keeping the standard alloys. One look at the new wheels told me I'd done the right thing. What's more, the thing handles way better with 17s and Bridgestone rubber.

BEFORE: post-21546-066409700 1288957687_thumb.jp

AFTER: post-21546-036046400 1288957746_thumb.jp

Keeping your wife happy is another business !! Not many people like "hot" rollas, especially female

When I got the car home tonight with the new wheels she couldn't even tell the difference!!! Means she won't notice coilovers, hot exhaust, new rear end :D I'll leave it pretty stock for a while though.

less road noise with the new wheels???

My levin is so fkn loud... its my biggest gripe with the car... at 80 or 100km/h its ridiculous!

I think it's actually louder with the Bridgestones vs. the std Yokahamas on the 16" alloys. I didn't notice road noise the first day, but have since.

It doesnt bother me though. Usually have music on loud enough not to bother me :)

less road noise with the new wheels???

My levin is so fkn loud... its my biggest gripe with the car... at 80 or 100km/h its ridiculous!

I think it's actually louder with the Bridgestones vs. the std Yokahamas on the 16" alloys. I didn't notice road noise the first day, but have since.

It doesnt bother me though. Usually have music on loud enough not to bother me :)

I plan to throw some Toyo's on when these yoko's are done... tho this car isn't very hard on tyres so that might be a while.

Or I could go the new wheels route... haha... yeah I wont get mrs approval for that seeing as it is her everyday car.

I'm relegated to the silence of the commonwhore