New Owner of Aurion AT-X

HAMSTA

if you come on here asking for advice on how to mod your car, don't cry when the advice isn't exactly what you wanted. It's plain as day (or night, if you have 5% tint) that everyone here is just trying to save you many hassles that can stem from having such tint. I have been in a few accidents in the last few years, all of which involve someone else on the road breaking the road rules and crashing into me. Even though fault lies with the other guy, any insurer can wipe out your claim for having some obviously illegal tint, as has already been said before.

But you're right, your car your choice and that's something we really value here.

been a good driver usually comes with the benefit of having a good perception of depth

Which all goes to sh*t when something inhibits that perception. I don't care how good a driver you are under normal circumstances, if you chose to drive while looking through a telescope, you no longer have good perception of depth. Bit of an exaggerated example, but point made. I have 35% all round, and even that is a ***** to see through the back windows at night if you're outside the middle of town.

Also, if you think just winding your windows down for a few seconds so you can see out to merge is an acceptable amount of visibility, you shouldn't be allowed to drive at night, or probably at all.

Lol no messing about with Paradigm hay? straight for the jugular fella, always makes for great quotes though haha.

Helvetica Rounded: I’m sure nobody means for their comments to come across as "attacking" or condescending. Just an open bunch of people i guess. But yes I’d check out the Black Az stuff. It may just to the trick.

My car, My life

And everyone else's on the road. If your visibility is impaired, you are increasing your risk of a crash, which is more likely than not to involve a third party.

My car, My life

And everyone else's on the road. If your visibility is impaired, you are increasing your risk of a crash, which is more likely than not to involve a third party.

&& ofcourse if you do have an accident then your insurance company will take quite delight in telling you you're not covered :S

My car, My life

&& ofcourse if you do have an accident then your insurance company will take quite delight in telling you you're not covered :S

...and nor is the poor sod you ran into.

Out of respect for all the members on here I will stick to a 35% Tint, I think the car currently has 35% on it at the moment when I bought it from the auctions.

Sorry if I thought you were 'attacking' me, I obviously tried to get defensive on my self.

I think it is absolutely silly and preposterous that we are bickering and arguing about what an acceptable level of tint is; My car, My life, My Insurance.

We are not bickering about what is acceptable or not... at the end of the discussion it comes down to legality. It's either 35% or lighter to be legal, or get any darker than that and be illegal. Being a forum where sound advice should be provided, it would be stupid to provide advice saying that a darker tint is perfectly fine. As a result, you are going to get a lot of negative discussion towards getting a darker tint regardless of your own opinions and personal choices. This is to protect others from making stupid decisions that even though they had the choice at the very end, their opinions can be swayed by others.

It's like saying that speeding is perfectly fine because you consider yourself a great driver. Fact of the matter is that regardless, speeding is illegal. Getting support from others saying that your idea of speeding is acceptable just spreads the ill advice to others that it is perfectly normal.

I can't care what you do personally... just don't go trying to support an illegal modification through positive discussion.

I think it is absolutely silly and preposterous that we are bickering and arguing about what an acceptable level of tint is; My car, My life, My Insurance.

We are not bickering about what is acceptable or not... at the end of the discussion it comes down to legality. It's either 35% or lighter to be legal, or get any darker than that and be illegal. Being a forum where sound advice should be provided, it would be stupid to provide advice saying that a darker tint is perfectly fine. As a result, you are going to get a lot of negative discussion towards getting a darker tint regardless of your own opinions and personal choices. This is to protect others from making stupid decisions that even though they had the choice at the very end, their opinions can be swayed by others.

It's like saying that speeding is perfectly fine because you consider yourself a great driver. Fact of the matter is that regardless, speeding is illegal. Getting support from others saying that your idea of speeding is acceptable just spreads the ill advice to others that it is perfectly normal.

I can't care what you do personally... just don't go trying to support an illegal modification through positive discussion.

yerp lets be honest that's A: true and fair enough & B: he's a moderator so maybe best not to mess with him lol

This week I've managed to sort out what wheels and tyres I will be placing on my Aurion AT-X.

I've managed to source new 17" Rims as shown in this photo http://www.rahnavardmotors.com/repository/product/aurion%202010-1.jpg

I'll be putting Toyo Teo Plus's on them.

Is it possible to place a supercharger on the AT-X, if so what costs would I be looking at and how much modification would be required to the engine?

Have a nice evening :-)

This week I've managed to sort out what wheels and tyres I will be placing on my Aurion AT-X.

I've managed to source new 17" Rims as shown in this photo http://www.rahnavardmotors.com/repository/product/aurion%202010-1.jpg

I'll be putting Toyo Teo Plus's on them.

Is it possible to place a supercharger on the AT-X, if so what costs would I be looking at and how much modification would be required to the engine?

Have a nice evening :-)

Errrrr the rims in the pic are 19" not 17".

Errrrr the rims in the pic are 19" not 17".

Finger slipped!

Thanks for that, I just couldn't be bothered the search function irritates me i've been at work for 12 hours, You guys can do the work for me. In return Non-Gay Hugs.

Edit: Supercharging the engine looks like a worthless investment, I'll stick to ricing it.

Edited by Helvetica Rounded

lol id near bet paradigms car that these are exactly the same one's he has in his ZR6.

Also the most cost effective performance gains come from the front half of the exhaust if you have he time to trial a few ideas etc lol

Anyone interested in a group buy?

http://www.alibaba.c...st_HID_kit.html

lol id near bet paradigms car that these are exactly the same one's he has in his ZR6.

Oi! Motherf***er! lol. Yep they are the same as mine.

@Helvetica, don't buy them. Not that theres anything wrong with the lights themselves, but they can be had cheaper from ebay. And those were H7s. You'll have a hell of a time getting them into your lights.

Anyone interested in a group buy?

http://www.alibaba.c...st_HID_kit.html

Oi! Motherf***er! lol. Yep they are the same as mine.

@Helvetica, don't buy them. Not that theres anything wrong with the lights themselves, but they can be had cheaper from ebay. And those were H7s. You'll have a hell of a time getting them into your lights.

Haha told you i bet your car on something lol, didnt believe me aye haha

And yes H7 won't be much good to you. H11's is what you need. :)

Haha told you i bet your car on something lol, didnt believe me aye haha

And yes H7 won't be much good to you. H11's is what you need. :)

Yeah I know to get H11, I've been doing my research for once!

How about this set? https://escrow.alibaba.com/order/product_snap_shot_detail.htm?order_id=1000860986

I've been searching on eBay but they all seem to be charging an extra $20 shipping!

I've ordered a bunch of T10 lights to replace the existing yellow lights in the interior, boot, license plate, and parkers.

I've purchased the HID Kit listed in the link I provided.

So far I've organised Wheels, Tyres, LED Interior Lights, Parkers, and HID Kit.

Edit: I've been looking at placing four of the Clarion SRG6920R and Using a Clarion APX4361. Will this be a sufficient enough and cheap upgrade to improve the sound quality somewhat over the standard ATX speakers.

Edit 2: I know I'm talking to my self in this thread, But that's ok. I've checked the mounting depth and it's 74mm which is within the range for both the doors and rear speakers, I'm guessing I'll have to fit some plywood to level it out?