in dash gps/rearvision camera

rodney0418

Im not sure what maps it uses but Eclipse AVN 726EA will cost close to 2k but has camera support,bluetooth, ipod and other stuff will still work with your factory steering wheel controls.

I just put one in my 2010 Hilux a few weeks ago. See thread in this section: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30027

Works great. Will cost you about $2350 installed with the Eclipse camera. I installed the camera myself.

Mine is an SR5 and I got rid of the gay rear step, so I have a good view of the towbar. I want to raise the camera up above the number plate though, at the moment it is below it.

Only thing to watch though is if you have an Iphone4 with the latest firmware it won't connect to it by cable, only by Bluetooth (audio and phone).

I'm so impressed i'm getting one put in my CV8 this weekend too.

Mine is an SR5 and I got rid of the gay rear step, so I have a good view of the towbar. I want to raise the camera up above the number plate though, at the moment it is below it.

Try mounting it under the tailgate you may need a spacer but you pretty much want to just see the word eclipse on that bottom edge of tailgate and that will give you a perfect view of towbar and wont get that gay step in the way. By the sounds of where you've mounted the camera 1/2 the screen was taken up by rear step?

Eclipse AVN 726EA - Running the latest maps by Navteq, its awesome.

Also the TMC traffic updates are getting so much better (only tested in Sydney, Melbourne testing this weekend). Just on the the way home last night, i got updates every 2-3 mins. Some might see that as annoying, I see it as informative :toast:

Try mounting it under the tailgate you may need a spacer but you pretty much want to just see the word eclipse on that bottom edge of tailgate and that will give you a perfect view of towbar and wont get that gay step in the way. By the sounds of where you've mounted the camera 1/2 the screen was taken up by rear step?

Cool, thanks for that. I originally didn't put it up there as it looked to be in the road of the spare wheel jack hole, but it is only double sided tape and i've NEVER had a flat (touch wood) in 25 years of driving, so if it does get in the road i'll pull it out the way!

The camera was a convenient excuse for turfing the rear bar! It is the most useless thing i've ever had on a car. Apart from the roll bar I suppose (it's gone too!), and maybe the side steps (they are coming off soon too!).

may i recommend the Pioneer 'Avic' range? i read though these stuff and found that they seem to be quite good. i haven't got the product no., but i know that the one that had a 5.8" screen with gps,reverse camera support,bluetooth,iPod,equalizer, built in amp ect. is about $2.4k whereas the one with the 7"screen is close to $3k. by the way, i love the panel-stunning in black! :)

Eclipse AVN 726EA - Running the latest maps by Navteq, its awesome.

Also the TMC traffic updates are getting so much better (only tested in Sydney, Melbourne testing this weekend). Just on the the way home last night, i got updates every 2-3 mins. Some might see that as annoying, I see it as informative :toast:

I haven't tried the traffic updates yet. How do you turn it on? I was going to also fit a Uniden UHF with remote mic/speaker up where the sunglass carrier is, and this with the traffic updates should help me to avoid chaos!