Cheap Mobil 1 oil

czaja74

tempting indeed. are the ones available here made in the US, meaning they exactly the same?geez, $57.26 for 5 ltrs...great bargain. $65 to fill the aurion's engine completely(5.676 ltr in a 5.7 tank). nice...

I've beeb running this stuff in my Aurion for the past 2 months. Done 2 trips up NSW coast since and general round about town here in Sydney.

What can I say? All seems good. It looks like the genuine product - don't know if there's such a thing as fake? The labels look very high quality/original with like a 'dimpley' feel - strengthening my hopes of it being genuine. The original seals on the bottles seem reassuring.

I purchased the M1 EP 5W30 in a box of 6 x 1quart. It's just under 6Lt in metric, but I found, unlike all places saying the 2GR-FE takes 6.1, 6.2? Lt of oil, when changed with filter, Mine, when fully drained and new filter, only took about 5.8L. Even after driving around, most I could top it up with was a 100mL before it reaching the upper level on the dip stick. Yes I drained it fully on a flat surface till there was basically no drip. Shrugs.

Oil seems clean as - but it has an amber 'tinge' (spelling?). Apparently what the M1 EP product looks like (found out from half an hours research at the time).

M1 EP, or Mobil1 Extended Performance, as far as I know is the highest quality fully synthetic oil available (other then high end specialty oils like amsoil, etc, tho those products are all debatable apparently..)

here's an example of the M1 EP 5W30 product that's thankfully available for us.

To make it better, Nick from Gl Lubricatants, who's the eBay seller of those items, is an absolute champion! I had him tack a 1quart bottle on my order cause I found out re the 6.1 6.2L issue. His communication was 2nd to none. Pity I never needed it.

5w30 would likely be most appropriate for most ppl's Aurions in AU I'd say.

The aussie retail 'fully synthetic' M1 products, containing 'synthn'? or somthing like that, I dunno.. might be same stuff. All I know is this is the US product and there's been tests conducted on it, and it's the bee's knee's, so they say.

Best regards.

I emailed a seller few question. Also I asked if he could do a better price if we were to do a group order. Just wondering if anyone in Melbourne will be interested in getting box or two. I'm thinking of getting 4 boxes of 5W-30 Mobil 1 Extended performance. Please PM me if interested and I'll get a quote.

Edited by czaja74

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your enquiry.

In regards to the difference of the oils in the US market and the Australia market, they are actually the same oil in different packing.

And actually all Mobil 1 oils are produced in the US, but pack in different locations of the world. I cant remember exactly where the ones in Australia market are packed, maybe New Zealand, im guessing.

And I do offer better price on bulk buy. Please check on my company website:

www.gllubricants.com

Different prices apply to:

-1 box

-5 to 10 boxes

-10 to 20 boxes

-20 to 30 boxes

Please feel free to contact me for any further enquiry.

Kind Regards

Nick

GL Lubricants Pty Ltd

Edited by czaja74

Why not go with 0W40 if it's the same price as 5W30?

The reason i say this is there's a chance the 2 oils could be different grades.

Castrol Edge Sport 0W40 is a grade 4 oil whereas 5W30 is a grade 3 oil but this may be different with Mobil oils.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Castrol Edge Sport 0W40 is a grade 4 oil whereas 5W30 is a grade 3 oil but this may be different with Mobil oils.

M1 EP 5W30 is a Grade 4 synthetic oil.

Take 10 mins or less to Google it yourselves if you wish..

Best regards,

im interested in a group buy,

however my gen 4.5 camry has done 115k and ive been running M1 5w50 all this time...with zero leaks.

just afraid that switching to 0w40 will cause typical leakage by the time i use to up to 150k.

wot u guys think? and im serious about the gb, but 2b honest though, 5w50 is cheaper, usually x1 5L bottle is only $65, and when autochains have 20% off, it comes to $55AUD, so if you purchase 0w40 gold or 5w30 during 20% off...?

EDIT: on 2nd lookies at the chart he provided, i purchased 5L of 5w-50 from repco during their 20% sale, and that equated to $11/L, so unless he can do something ridiculous like $9/L, im in, guess also depends on how much i buy.....

Edited by Wixy

• 4 months later...

wot u guys think? and im serious about the gb, but 2b honest though, 5w50 is cheaper, usually x1 5L bottle is only $65, and when autochains have 20% off, it comes to $55AUD, so if you purchase 0w40 gold or 5w30 during 20% off...?

Supercheapauto has M1 5W50 5 Litres on sale right now for $59.95 (QLD) so maybe same everywhere else. Go online and have a look at the catalogue.

Edited by MCV20

Thread resurrection :P

Is there anyone down in Melbourne still interested in a group buy for Mobil 1 5w-30 EP oil?

Why go to the trouble in organizing a GB when you can get it in Melbourne? I usually get my Mobil 5w30EP from Harold at performancelub.com , self collect and save the postage. Any enquiry pls email sales@performancelub.com , i'm sure Harold will be more then happy in answering your question.

Is there anyone down in Melbourne still interested in a group buy for Mobil 1 5w-30 EP oil?

Why go to the trouble in organizing a GB when you can get it in Melbourne? I usually get my Mobil 5w30EP from Harold at performancelub.com , self collect and save the postage. Any enquiry pls email sales@performancelub.com , i'm sure Harold will be more then happy in answering your question.

Hmmm Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 is the same price as Royal Purple 5w-30. Which one should i go with?

Hmmm Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 is the same price as Royal Purple 5w-30. Which one should i go with?

Go for Royal Purple, i tried RP 5w30 in my Ford Territory and it's fantastic, very smooth and felt having slightly better throttle response.

I think 5w20 is fine if you are not towing or drive your Toyota really hard, everyone in America is running 5w20 with no issue at all. 5w20 will give you the maximum FC gain though.

Edited by trex101

Don't spend so much on oil man. Especially for a daily car like an Aurion. :blink:

Going to pick up some Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 oil from Harold this Wednesday. Royal Purple was $2 more and Amsoil was $4 more per bottle and i can't justify that extra money at all.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Picked up 7 bottles of Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 from Harold this morning. Nice guy to have a chat with. He told me that if there was a group buy Amsoil, Royal Purple or Redline would be more beneficial in saving money than Mobil because of the profit margin.